Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, please.

Just got home, booted up a netbook running Mint, and.....after reading a few pages, am bloody well lost.

I need to do what to who and with what candlestick?

I think I just got hostapd. Now what?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

mylesofsmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working. Earlier, I tried to change the MAC address of multiple wireless cards under Windows Vista and 7 and it failed every time. So I plugged in a DD-WRT router and changed the Wireless MAC address under Setup> MAC Address Clone. Every time I changed the MAC address and clicked on Apply Settings I got a StreetPass. I noticed that some StreetPasses hit in a couple of seconds while others took an upwards of 30 seconds.

Rynelan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
with WiFi Tether for Android I can't get it to work, SSID won't even show up on other devices when I enable it. I'm using a Sony Xperia Z C6603

Don't know what happened but no matter what my SSID is it will automaticly change to TetherFallback :/

BroBuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've got a linksys WRT54GS with firmware 7.50.5. My internet comes via satellite so it connects directly to the router, without the need of a modem.

Now how in the hell do I set this thing up? I'm at a lost right now.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a break from the linux to try to work on a router instead.

I then took a hammer to the router.

I think I might just order one of those USB dongles and run from there. Getting pissed off, and a headache.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
On a similar but less related note, there are many ways to spoof your androids mac address, but can anyone tell me how to (preferably for free) reverse tether my phone (no data plan) to my osx mac and use its wifi connection to connect my phone through usb to the internet?

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
On a similar but less related note, there are many ways to spoof your androids mac address, but can anyone tell me how to (preferably for free) reverse tether my phone (no data plan) to my osx mac and use its wifi connection to connect my phone through usb to the internet?
Thats a pain my friend tryed to make reverse tether and it work the problem was that the androids tether app couldnt detect the usb connection as network and it wouldn't share it through wifi.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia

I could reverse tether my phone with Windows but I couldn't share the network. I'm starting to think that is an issue of CM 10.1

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
Managed to make it work under windows. I feel good right about now. :D
(not sure if my setup would be of help though... because of all things it uses XP because vista and up "improved" wifi handling...)

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Managed to make it work under windows. I feel good right about now. :D
(not sure if my setup would be of help though... because of all things it uses XP because vista and up "improved" wifi handling...)
Hey why not share it, theres a lot of people that dont feel like going to ubuntu just to do this

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
It's actually simple as long as your equipment can handle a few things.
First of all, you need XP to be able to spoof the first ocet in the MAC address. (Vista and up can't do that due to magical standards).
Then you need two network devices. A Wifi card that is capable of being in AP mode (I use edimax ew-7128g based on the RT2500 chip that we used in the old days to make ourselves Access points and play metroid prime hunters online) and a second device be it lan or another wireless to connect to the internet. The rest is as simple as changing mac on the Card that will be AP to the one you want, and marking internet sharing in the properties of the device that will provide internet connection.
I will recommend TMAC for the mac changing since it's got a nice GUI, you will see incoming traffic and it restarts the card whenever you change the MAC so it's easier if you want to "visit" a few zones in a quick succession.

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
It's actually simple as long as your equipment can handle a few things.
First of all, you need XP to be able to spoof the first ocet in the MAC address. (Vista and up can't do that due to magical standards).
Then you need two network devices. A Wifi card that is capable of being in AP mode (I use edimax ew-7128g based on the RT2500 chip that we used in the old days to make ourselves Access points and play metroid prime hunters online) and a second device be it lan or another wireless to connect to the internet. The rest is as simple as changing mac on the Card that will be AP to the one you want, and marking internet sharing in the properties of the device that will provide internet connection.
I will recommend TMAC for the mac changing since it's got a nice GUI, you will see incoming traffic and it restarts the card whenever you change the MAC so it's easier if you want to "visit" a few zones in a quick succession.
Its sad thats only for XP, most people will probably use the linux or android anyways

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu