Hardware Hardware Pin Question

jaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hardware question that I am hoping someone here can help answer.

I have a 3DS XL board that is apparently broken. I've tested each connection to the board and it appears to the connector for the bottom screen ribbon cable. Luckily it doesn't seem to be the large ribbon cable but the ribbon cable that looks like it has 4 pins, but really is just 2.

Now what I can't figure out is what the pinouts should be. On the broken 3DS XL board the first and 2nd pin appear to be ground, but on a working 3DS XL they are not. So it looks like I have a short somewhere. However I am not able to find it just yet. So can anyone that has hardware experience tell me if on their board pins 1 & 2 are ground? I'd like to find the short but if it is suppose to goto ground then I'm not sure what the issue with the board is.
3ds-bottomscreen-png.12795

Also just realized I posted in Hacking & Homebrew. My apologizes. This should get moved to Hardware.

Attachments

• 3ds-bottomscreen.png
    3ds-bottomscreen.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,878

jaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. However, I've taken apart another working 3DS XL and that pin isn't ground on that one either. However, taking apart the 3DS screen it self, all the ribbon cable seems to be going to is the LED lights to light up the bottom screen. So in my mind it should be ground and voltage. I'm wondering if something else might be broken on this board now.

Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.