Hacking Hardware NAND mod for N3DS XL (US model)

AssortedTrailmix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to backup my N3DS XL via software (if that's possible), but I'm wondering, is there a way to restore a backup via a hardware mod yet? If not, is there a good chance we'll be seeing one, or are there any new barriers to overcome (like encryption).

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is. Dive a little deeper into the hardware and firmware section.
But right now I am trying to decode the NAND but the NANDs I have from people dont know how to get xorpads off their NAND. :(

AssortedTrailmix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But right now I am trying to decode the NAND but the NANDs I have from people dont know how to get xorpads off their NAND. :(

I've looked around a few threads, but most are quite long and searching gives me results for the 3DS since xl isn't allowed as a search term. Do you think you could give me a link?

AssortedTrailmix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nevermind, Oishikatta's link had what I needed

You can backup with gateway's launcher.

There is no downgrade protection, you can reflash your backup whenever.

Here are the pinouts for the N3DS XL: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware#New_3DS_XL

If you are not good at soldering, I recommend sending a PM to hundshamer, I think they do it for somewhere around $55.

Thank's that's what I needed. I'm used to mods like this involving QFPs and stuff so soldering to a pad is a nice change of pace :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Did they make a tomb raider for N64?