Hacking Hard drive wont load

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I ran out of space on my current hard drive (250gb) and I decided to upgrade to a 500gb hard drive, the thing is ive set it all up properly but for some reason it freezes at the bit where the hard drive initialises

I tried emulators and usb loaders and nothing, just freezes at that bit

Does this mean the drive is incompatible or is there some workaround to get it to work?

I got a philips SPE3051CC 3.5 Desktop hard drive

Has anyone else had any experience with this drive

heres an image of the drive btw

http://www.storageupdates.philips.com/imag...spe3051_big.jpg

I also checked the usb compatibility list and it wasnt in the table

It took a couple of hours as well to get it all ready
frown.gif

If no one has any suggestions then the best I can do is wait till it is supported and also to add the drive to the compatibility wiki so other people will know that it doesnt work so their time isnt wasted

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're totally sure you got it setup right, proper cIOS and whatnot, then it's probably the drive. Philips makes razors, televisions, total randomness, and.. computer parts. General rule of thumb, stick with companies that make computer parts, and computer parts.

If you can afford the time, start over. Use GParted to format the drive to FAT32, hook it up (with no games on it.) Use a loader with FAT support and see if your Wii reads it. Try to install a game to it via the loader. If not, you just have a funky drive.

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ddetkowski said:
google FAT32 GUI Formatter

I did format as fat32 originally using gparted in ubuntu, what does this fat32 gui formatter which gparted cant do

QUOTE(KiiNG @ Oct 5 2010, 07:37 AM) If you're totally sure you got it setup right, proper cIOS and whatnot, then it's probably the drive. Philips makes razors, televisions, total randomness, and.. computer parts. General rule of thumb, stick with companies that make computer parts, and computer parts.

If you can afford the time, start over. Use GParted to format the drive to FAT32, hook it up (with no games on it.) Use a loader with FAT support and see if your Wii reads it. Try to install a game to it via the loader. If not, you just have a funky drive.

Yea I got it setup all right as my previous hard drive worked fine on fat32, the drive inside the external hard drive is a hitachi deskstar p7k500 and I thought that this was just rebranded as a philips and seeing as most hitachi drives work, I thought this one would as well

Yea I did format as fat32 using gpared but I loaded all the games on before trying it out with the wii, I know that was stupid but it was late and I didnt fancy going downstairs to try it out

Richardarkless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
KiiNG said:
Is your drive set as "Active" on the partition table?

Yea I think it was, I also tried different linux partitioners, tried formatting it with the fat32 gui formatter in windows and still nothing

What happens is

Turn on wii> go to USB loader gx or wiiflow and it detects it (as the connect usb drive screen hasnt popped up) but the drive doesn't spin up and just freezes

Also tried launching the USB loader and as soon as the connect hardrive screen appears and then plugging it in but it still freezes

I'll probably just give up and revert back to my old drive

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you first create the partition you need to create it as a "primary" partition, not an "extended" partition. Try recreating the partition and make certain you create it as a "primary" partition then format it FAT32.

Good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?