Gaming Hard Drive Transfer Rate

hullo8d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a JTAGed Jasper and I'm planning on upgrading the 20GB hard drive that came with it. I just wanted to know if there was some sort of cap that limits the transfer rate between the HD and the 360, and if there isn't would getting a faster hard drive improve load time in games?

Solution
I dont believe there is a limit cap to transfer rates per say, that would just be the upper limit of how fast the hard drive can work. As for the faster hard drive, 5400rpm drives vs 7200rpm drives laptop wise (ones they use for the hdd) arent that significant but if u can 7200 would be better. >< Not really sure but reading games of the hard drive would simply be fast enough so there may only be a marginal difference

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe there is a limit cap to transfer rates per say, that would just be the upper limit of how fast the hard drive can work. As for the faster hard drive, 5400rpm drives vs 7200rpm drives laptop wise (ones they use for the hdd) arent that significant but if u can 7200 would be better. >< Not really sure but reading games of the hard drive would simply be fast enough so there may only be a marginal difference

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3aCbNk8 lol smart keyboard