Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello there, I know it so late, but after getting to work my Xbox series controller I have some opinions and improvements for the product.
  • First, The packaging although it is austere it is great, appealing to the eye, well packaged, all elements are in the correct place, and no space wasting.
  • The construction of the device is top of the class, the device finishing are beautiful, the size of the buttons are perfect and once installed on the controller they looks like was originally designed.
  • In my case the external finishing is exactly the same of the controller so you never will note what is an add on.
  • The overall weight of the device (including the battery) is ridiculous, you can't tell you add so many functions to the controller because is almost no weight added.
  • The feature of override the R Stick with accelerometers is mind blowing.
Things can be improved:
  • The user manual is a little bit confusing. I am not English native speaker but can understand written English very good. I think the text of the manual could be improved or make it a little more clear. Will describe more in deep later. Also you could include a QR for an online extended version of the user manual.
  • The first time the battery level reported on Switch console is not correct, I did needed two charge - discharge cycles to start reporting OK.
  • On X mode Windows do not report the battery level, at least on Windows 11.
  • For me the "Eject" icon on the RetroFlag is enough to make friction in order to remove the RetroFlag from controller.
Improvements on the user manual I can recommend, Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the quest of trying to understand the features and manual, but the most of the end users will be confused on the actual redaction of manual.
  • On the user manual does not indicate the way you can turn on the switch console from controller, I found by chance you can turn on the console easy:
    • With controller off, RetroFlag switch on "." position and console turn off. The controller was previously paired to console.
    • put the RetroFlag switch on "S" position
    • The console Will turn on automatically
    • or
    • Console turn off, Controller turn off, RetroFlag already on "S" position but turned off by timeout or from console.
    • Press any of the RetroFlag buttons, Wireless or Fn; or toggle the RetroFlag switch to "." and then back to "S" position.
  • The settings for "Turbo" and "Auto" and how to disable it is a little bit messed on the manual, as far I did got from experience:
    • To turn on "Turbo" mode on a button, you press and keep pressed the RetoFlag FN button and then also press the controller button you want to activate turbo mode, then release booth of them. Now when you press and keep pressed that controller button the button keeps repeating on the console.
    • While a controller button is on "Turbo"mode you can activate "Auto" mode; press and keep pressed the RetroFlag FN button and then press a controller button which is on turbo mode, then release booth of them, now each time you press the controller button the state of the repeating button press on console.
    • repeating the process on the same button you cancel the "Auto" mode.
    • For cancel the all "Turbo" and "Auto" mode for all controller buttons you simply press twice (like double click) the RetroFlag FN button.
  • On the Macro definition section is no too clear how to end the macro definition.
    • Is clear you need to press and keep pressed the RetroFlag FN button and press either the MR or ML button, then release booth to start recording a macro, you press the combination of buttons you want to be assigned to MR or ML button, and then you press again the correspondent MR or ML button to stop recording and save the macro. also something important what is no on the manual is the macro recording keeps track of the duration for pressing a button and the time between the next button.
The KeyLinker App is a little bit odd at start but after you update it is a little better, for me, I did install from Play Store and just on the first use some minutes after the app update to a newer version by it self.

Will be nice if you can use a Computer program to upgrade the firmware (or recovery in case of a failed upgrade) directly by USB. and or and computer program similar to KeyLinker, I prefer my PC than my Phone for that type of things.

Definetively the battery and wireless LEDs indicators will be better pointing to the front of the controller.

Again @AKNES Thanks a lot for the opportunity of test this great product, I am very happy with it.
It's really nice that you use your such expertise to help us test the product.

As you said, the instructions for this product are really not very good (I also reported this problem when I first got this product). But the instruction manual is produced in batches, so RetroFlag may not be very willing to replace this instruction manual (at least until the batch is used up).
Therefore, you need to do more research on directly setting some functions on superpack. Or setting them on app.

As for the PC version of keylinker, I have consulted them last time, and there is no PC version being developed yet. Let RetroFlag develop a software by itself? Not possible for now.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's really nice that you use your such expertise to help us test the product.

As you said, the instructions for this product are really not very good (I also reported this problem when I first got this product). But the instruction manual is produced in batches, so RetroFlag may not be very willing to replace this instruction manual (at least until the batch is used up).
Therefore, you need to do more research on directly setting some functions on superpack. Or setting them on app.

As for the PC version of keylinker, I have consulted them last time, and there is no PC version being developed yet. Let RetroFlag develop a software by itself? Not possible for now.
Yes I understand, but the manual on the web page of RetroFlag could be updated easy. and improved over the time.

Thanks a lot

Reactions: AKNES

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so i gotta ask. Are these any good?

Both of my Joy-Cons are now drifting which doesn't surprise me as they date back to launch year of the console.
I definitely wanna try these joysticks out after trying the 8BitDo hall effect joystick for the N64 controller!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Alright so i gotta ask. Are these any good?

Both of my Joy-Cons are now drifting which doesn't surprise me as they date back to launch year of the console.
I definitely wanna try these joysticks out after trying the 8BitDo hall effect joystick for the N64 controller!
The best you can do is put that Hall sticks, they are great, super easy to replace, you will read what "they are stiffer than original" but let me tell you even if they are a very little bit stiffer, that stiffness is great and make the play experience better.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR

So I am a vine voice and got these for free, I ordered these over the summer(mid August)
I just got around to putting them in today.

I haven't had time to read through the whole thread
I just saw that there is a revision and something about calibration and QC issues?

I first installed the L joycon one and then I tested it and it is working fine
great I thought let me proceed to the right joycon

So I installed the R joycon and put it back together and tested it and I immediately noticed an issue

When I press up on the stick and let go it will act like I am repeatedly pressing up rapidly and it will be stuck like this until I move the stick around again

I tried to take it apart again and reseat everything and I got the same issue,
I removed the stick and put the old one back and it works fine.

So does this sound like a QC issue?

and how is their support?

Can I contact them directly for a replacement?
vine doesn't let us contact sellers directly and I don't thing there is any way to request a replacement through Amazon.
I have not left a review on this product yet either

Also I looked at the cable and I can't seem to see any ns40 printed on it but my eyes are getting pretty bad.

I got these because I got a set of boxy pixel metal joycon shells and I am afraid I might strip them and not be able to open them again so I figured I would put these in before doing the shell swap but I also figured I should install them in the regular shell first ,good thing I did
but now I am having serious doubts if I should use these when I do the metal shell swap
I also assume there would be no additional issues with using these with metal shells since aluminum is a non ferrous metal and shouldn't cause an issue with the hall effect but I'm not really 100% sure.

Are there a lot of people reporting defect issues in this thread, anyone have a similar issue with these and how did you get it resolved and did you contact them directly?
did they send a replacement?

I also noticed that the one I installed on the R joycon feels a little bit looser than the right one too.

Last edited by weatMod,
  • Sad

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR

So I am a vine voice and got these for free, I ordered these over the summer(mid August)
I just got around to putting them in today.

I haven't had time to read through the whole thread
I just saw that there is a revision and something about calibration and QC issues?

I first installed the L joycon one and then I tested it and it is working fine
great I thought let me proceed to the right joycon

So I installed the R joycon and put it back together and tested it and I immediately noticed an issue

When I press up on the stick and let go it will act like I am repeatedly pressing up rapidly and it will be stuck like this until I move the stick around again

I tried to take it apart again and reseat everything and I got the same issue,
I removed the stick and put the old one back and it works fine.

So does this sound like a QC issue?

and how is their support?

Can I contact them directly for a replacement?
vine doesn't let us contact sellers directly and I don't thing there is any way to request a replacement through Amazon.
I have not left a review on this product yet either

Also I looked at the cable and I can't seem to see any ns40 printed on it but my eyes are getting pretty bad.

I got these because I got a set of boxy pixel metal joycon shells and I am afraid I might strip them and not be able to open them again so I figured I would put these in before doing the shell swap but I also figured I should install them in the regular shell first ,good thing I did
but now I am having serious doubts if I should use these when I do the metal shell swap
I also assume there would be no additional issues with using these with metal shells since aluminum is a non ferrous metal and shouldn't cause an issue with the hall effect but I'm not really 100% sure.

Are there a lot of people reporting defect issues in this thread, anyone have a similar issue with these and how did you get it resolved and did you contact them directly?
did they send a replacement?

I also noticed that the one I installed on the R joycon feels a little bit looser than the right one too.
Yea sounds like a defective stick, yes they have improved, my last batch of 10 had no issues, they’ve come a long way these last few months, reach out to Gulikit on AliExpress, they are super helpful. I have had some with the issue you describe and there is no fixing it without a replacement. Sometimes the issue even develops later.

If they came from Aknes reach out to them as they can replace ones they sent much faster than waiting on an international shipment.

Reactions: AKNES and weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But, on which store did you buy it?
Amazon
and it says sold by Landw-Game in the order details
on the order page it says Zhoun-US
Post automatically merged:

Please let me know which seller or store you got from the vine product.
it says sold by Landw-Game in the order details
on the order page it says Zhoun-US

Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a reseller from GuliKit.
You can find the Contact Seller button on the store page and request after-sales support for a refund or replacement.
Actually I am not able to because it is a vine order and they don't let you contact the seller

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Actually I am not able to because it is a vine order and they don't let you contact the seller
So are they free products?
If so, I think just post the product review truthfully and then replace the problematic side with your original joystick.
That's all, this is what a Vine buyer can do.

Reactions: weatMod and impeeza

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are they free products?
If so, I think just post the product review truthfully and then replace the problematic side with your original joystick.
That's all, this is what a Vine buyer can do.
yeah you get the product for free on the condition you post a review but you also have to pay income tax on it now, Amazon sends you a 1099 form

AKNES

Trophies
XP
Country
China
yeah you get the product for free on the condition you post a review but you also have to pay income tax on it now, Amazon sends you a 1099 form
I see.
If you are still looking for after-sales support, one is to contact the seller through the Amazon platform (but according to you, Vine buyers do not have this option); the other is to go to the seller's store page or other places to check everything. You may contact them via social media or email.
Like AKNES, we will leave my email address on the store page and social profile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1