Hardware Hacked 3DS with 2GB Card but want to change to a 8GB and I cant :S

M05K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I hacked my 3DS with a 2GB SD Card but now I tried to use a 8GB, I copied all the files from the 2GB to the 8GB but when the CFW is launching with the 8GB Card inserted It says it cant run the emunand.

That's not happens with the 2GB one!

M05K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some questions:
  1. Plug the source SD card into your PC, this is the card that you want to transfer emuNAND from. - The Card that I want to transfer? Its empty, or the card it have the files?
  2. Run USB Image Tool
  3. Click on the SD card and then "Backup" - But the SD I want to transfer doesn't have anything so why backing it up?
  4. Remove the source SD Card and replace it with the target SD Card.
  5. Click on the new SD card, locate the backup image and then "Restore"
  6. Run EaseUS Partition Master and click on "EaseUS Partition Master Free"
  7. Right click on the SD card's partition with data on it, it should be in between two Unallocated partitions and choose "Resize/Move Partition"
  8. Click on the MIDDLE PARTITION, the one that has the data on it and expand it TO THE RIGHT (VERY IMPORTANT)
  9. Click OK
  10. Click Apply on the top left, then OK
  11. Done!

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Some questions:
  1. Plug the source SD card into your PC, this is the card that you want to transfer emuNAND from. - The Card that I want to transfer? Its empty, or the card it have the files?
  2. Run USB Image Tool
  3. Click on the SD card and then "Backup" - But the SD I want to transfer doesn't have anything so why backing it up?
  4. Remove the source SD Card and replace it with the target SD Card.
  5. Click on the new SD card, locate the backup image and then "Restore"
  6. Run EaseUS Partition Master and click on "EaseUS Partition Master Free"
  7. Right click on the SD card's partition with data on it, it should be in between two Unallocated partitions and choose "Resize/Move Partition"
  8. Click on the MIDDLE PARTITION, the one that has the data on it and expand it TO THE RIGHT (VERY IMPORTANT)
  9. Click OK
  10. Click Apply on the top left, then OK
  11. Done!
You plug the 2gb card into the computer. Then you backup the 2gb card.

M05K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 8GB card capacity is like the 2GB one, why? On the EaseUS Partition I already :

1. Right click on the SD card's partition with data on it, it should be in between two Unallocated partitions and choose "Resize/Move Partition"
  2. Click on the MIDDLE PARTITION, the one that has the data on it and expand it TO THE RIGHT (VERY IMPORTANT)
But when I go to my computer the card is using the same size as the 2GB one, so I cant put bigger games :s

Alex3dss

Unmotivated and depressed
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should use a emunand extractor thing.
It takes out your emunand.bin which you can insert on the new sd card with the same program.
Only one thing ..... I forgot the thread name and I dont use the program.
You gotta look for it by yourself

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Or instead of using general partitionning tools to make specific operations to get an emuNAND, you can also just create a new emuNAND on your new SD card then flash a backup of your previous emuNAND onto it. This way, the partition is created automatically without you having to download tools to "put a partition to the very right" or something, you only use an emuNAND backup tool (and you should already have one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1