Hacking GX Loader - Channels not loading

blahdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have system 4.2U + Preloader .29 Jodi + GX forwarder and everytime I try to load a channel through GX it reboots it or stalls at a black screen. Any ideas?

Thanks!

freedomfighter66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem, I believe its a bug in GX.

Im on a 4.1, It seems to be random on the black screens for me though, just seems like GX fails to completely unload and it hangs before trying to start the homebrew app.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this really cant be a bug in GX. there is literally 1 line of code we use to boot the channel. the rest of the code is in the libogc libraries. also we just tested loading channels from usb loader gx on a wii with 4.2 and it worked fine. something else must be afoot.

freedomfighter66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried a few more channels,
I'm using the latest version of GX

Geexbox works fine every time
Mplayer CE - Black screens
Neogamma - Black screens
Dop-Ios loads but code dumps on exit
Homebrew Browser - Black screens

I had cioscorp installed, then proceeded to uninstall it, no effect on the channel loading. I've also tried a few different SD cards and booting off the usb drive with similar results. All these apps work fine from the homebrew channel.

blahdc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rwin sent me a new .dol, i will try it tonight and post my results. The only channel i have been sucessful at loading has been HBC. All the others result in a black screen or restarting the wii (or possibly gx loader). Freedom are you using system 4.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro