Hacking GW multirom demo

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how many cases are known of gateway fixing users bricked consoles?
Maybe the wrong question since all users with a brick are lying.
No known official gataway users with unmodified loader that bricked...
I even wonder why they offer to fix something that isn't breaking...?

I am getting paranoid. They sure have peoples attention. Not sure if that's good or bad..

Devin got bricked, and he was an official review who got a unit before release. His 3DS got bricked.

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I love the team Gateway and their work is awesome BUT I won't download it until I'm sure that it is safe and that I won't get a BSOD. I'm kinda sad that they are not talking more about it.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's to hoping that the GW 2.0 release will be accompanied by something like "our development team worked long and found a problem causing some users to have errors. The problem is now resolved, gateway is %100 safe ENJOY :) " etc.

Darkseeker109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Think im going to save up for another 3ds for the gateway.Multirom support actually makes this worth getting now . Not really worried about the brick code. Ill just use the old firmware that doesn't have the brick code. Until its confirmed the new firmware is safe.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Absolutely amazing. Hopefully they'll also come with more info on the bricking issue as I'm rather "scared" of even using my 3DS right now (main game is Pokemon Y online so sort of need 2.0b2). Still mind blowing how much have been accomplished in so little time.

you don't forcibly need 2.0b2 if you have retail pokemon X/Y/animal crossing NL. you can use 2.0b1 (using it right now).

the fact that they wrote in the homepage "many isolated brick incidents that were blamed on us have been debunked" is a positive thing. they used to refuse to consider that the GW users may get bricked, until now.
if they happen to fix the brick code so that it really works only on clones... that would be good enough for me XP

but yeah, they should remove it. it's a dick move, and very unprofessional.

p.s. nice that you have to use "select" to select the game >_>

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, this certainly leaves MT in the dust...

Just use the "Select" key. How come MT didn't think of that?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Of course Gateway will remove the current brickcode in the final release ... and put fresh new brick code in Version 2.0 lol
Or simply add more checks for legit users. TBH with such a landmark release I don't think there's any way gateway is gonna let others freely copy and modify 2.0.

Reactions: Saxer

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
I wonder why gateway did not just added a check like if gateway card is inserted, boot else crash, no bricking needed, no clones ^^. Hope brick code will be fixed because I want this it looks so good :x

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes! Multirom for me is pretty much the final feature I'm really excited for. With the emuNAND and of course Region Free to go with it, this device is killer! Hopefully the update drops in only a few days now. If they're demoing it like they are, it mustn't be far from release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a...