Hacking GW multirom demo

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wish this Gateway "team" would ya know get on with more than just 4.5 firmware compatibility.

Not that I would buy a Gateway product ever due to the malicious Kill Code incident (Inb4 its not gateway's fault, it is there was no reason for a console bricking code. Card Bricking yes. Whole Console no.) and there arrogance in there PR.

But each to there own and I hope the users enjoy the feature!

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well aXXo, we have what we have. Clones that don't do crap work on the work they stole. Work that damages consoles anyways regardless of which card its loaded for.
We don't have much of a choice.
We can either go back to paying money like real consumers, or hope GW seriously steps up and apologize, remove brick code, blah blah blah.
That's why I encourage people to keep using 2.01b to stay on the safer side (there's not real safe side since 2.01b has save corruption issues).

mmfsm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
whats this chinese mafia thing some of you keep mentioning? its a joke right? or do people seriously believe the chinese mafia is behind this?

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats this chinese mafia thing some of you keep mentioning? its a joke right? or do people seriously believe the chinese mafia is behind this?

Well, selling pirate flashcards is a criminal activity in a number of countries like the UK and Japan. Is it so far fetched that the triads or some other Asian organized criminal group might be involved?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
curious , how did the OP and subsequent GW quotes come to light , they aint been announced on the GW site.

Although multirom is v cool im wondering actually how many games you will be able to fit on 1 SD card.. hell at 128 gigs your only gonna get 16 or so. So for the regular user , id say 4 or 5. The design of menu is perfect for smaller amounts of roms. But if it were to get to the same stage as the DS with lots of roms then a different approach would be better , so as to not scroll for ever.

Lest we forget the attrocites GW have been responsible for , they have single handedly forced the GBA population into troll metldown , oh yeah and distributed trojan horses into all your consoles.

<crude analogy>
GW : Hey dude i just fukked your mrs and mother
3DS owner : your dead..
GW : Ill suck you off.
3DS owner : your the best.
</crude analogy>

D

Deleted User

we can hate them and we can love them but one thing is for sure they are very talented and smart peoples and there is nothing to argue about this fact. (GW TEAM)

and i think they made enough money so this isn't about money anymore, this is to show that they are the best and not even the

fakers could clone them anymore. But when they did that they sacrifice their name and their customers. (BSOD)

the end.

Reactions: SLiV3R

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i think they made enough money

Maybe you think so but that probably isn't how the Gateway team feels about it.

Have you ever heared a multinational CEO saying "we made enough money"

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Personally i wouldnt have given them the frontpage exposure , they certainly dont deserve it.
This is a big step for FC user and you said they don't deserve it?
So who deserve it? The clone who steal their work?
Remember we stated with one rom per micro sd, no emunand, no region free, we can't run any rom higher than fw 4.5.
The one who make all that happen is GW team and you said they don't deserve it.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, I like the way, they implemented a gui for game selection :-)
I admit that they do have some impressive skills, too bad about their personality.

This is a big step for FC user and you said they don't deserve it?
So who deserve it? The clone who steal their work?
Remember we stated with one rom per micro sd, no emunand, no region free, we can't run any rom higher than fw 4.5.
The one who make all that happen is GW team and you said they don't deserve it.
Considering that MT card was actually the first card with multi-rom and released their launcher.dat before Gateway's Multirom, I'm pretty sure Gateway just did some stealing of their own. The gui was a nice touch though.

Reactions: Nightwish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, don't impregnate her +1