Review Guild's COP: The Recruit Review

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
It's still a good attempt by Ubisoft though. This game is decent compared to the other games it produces on the DS.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice review. I did not have huge expectations beforehand but I will still try it. Worth a couple of hours of play I would say from just looking at it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
It's still a good attempt by Ubisoft though. This game is decent compared to the other games it produces on the DS.

That's true, although most games are better than what Ubisoft first produced. If they make a COP: The Recruit 2, they can definitely refine these problems. Although if the game gets universally bad/average reviews, Ubisoft may just say "Let's use the cash for COP 2 to make 20 more Imagine games!"

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm dissapointed by this game, another company should look at this, and make it a lot better. And get the stupid 'music' out for god sake, even CW has a damn radio, shouldn't be to hard to stop the horns and engine noises when you get in a car.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It pisses me off so much when I have to chase a car and I accidentally hit another car. It just stops me right there, pretty stupid considering the speed im driving at. In GTA CTW, you plough through the other cars
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laxman0220 said:
It pisses me off so much when I have to chase a car and I accidentally hit another car. It just stops me right there, pretty stupid considering the speed im driving at. In GTA CTW, you plough through the other cars
biggrin.gif

Lol, you should've seen me rage when this happens. I'd literally throw my DS (mind you I was sitting on my bed so I just threw it on the bed and I do have a half-gaming device half-tank DS Phat) and yell. I wonder why my blood pressure is so high...

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guild McCommunist said:
So, overall, the game is a good idea that has potential but falls, sadly, very short. A great open world and impressive graphical engine is ruined by boring, repetitive gameplay, sloppy controls, wonky car physics, and ear-bleed audio. With games like this that you truly expect to be ground breaking, it's sad to say so bad of it, but it's true. COP just simply falls short of expectations.

TOTALLY AGREE!
You speak the 100%truth...
Good review,but I am still will give it a try...

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shooting sucks too. when you shoot, he doesn't even look like he's shooting. while your shooting, he moves his gun side to side as if your just standing there with the gun. they could've spent more time on this game.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
you really are good at writing reviews Guild, i've read a couple of your reviews now, hope to read more of them from you

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game pissed me off too, the only camera use outside of missions is to pointlessly take pictures of buildings and areas...really annoying. In the mission of how the guy got in the program I ambushed the guy from the side and my car just stopped...his didn't.
frown.gif

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From videos I've seen, ROP's driving looks like Sideswipped, which isn't very good for this kind of game. Also, just from video's, the players looked like they were having problems controlling him. I'll pass on this one. Good review. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see Rockstar try what Ubisoft couldn't do.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uncle FEFL said:
From videos I've seen, ROP's driving looks like Sideswipped, which isn't very good for this kind of game. Also, just from video's, the players looked like they were having problems controlling him. I'll pass on this one. Good review. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see Rockstar try what Ubisoft couldn't do.
Ill try my best
tongue.gif

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Uncle FEFL said:
Ill try my best
tongue.gif
Lol. Puns are awesome.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-