Hacking Guide to using Ocarina in USB-loaders?

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
I've been trying to get a hold of how to use the "Ocarina"-function in Ultimate USB-loader (and other loaders) but have not found much info, except for some YouTube videos wich do not work for me. Can someone please make a short guide with some pictures so that I can use this.

Thanks in advance!

(Yes, I have searced the forum. Everytime I do a search for ocarina I get a timeout or other problems so don't bitch at me for not trying...)

saelee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which usb loader are you using? do you have a codes folder on the root of your sd card? in codes folder you'll need to have a game id.gct file inside.

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
saelee84 said:
which usb loader are you using? do you have a codes folder on the root of your sd card? in codes folder you'll need to have a game id.gct file inside.
I have got nothing, that's why I need a guide... I use Ultimate Loader v 7.4, wich should have the ability to use ocarina.
How do I get the codes? How should I put them on the SD for the program to read them? How do I select wich codes to activate?

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Have a read of this

You need to download cheats from the site in the link above as .txt files. I put all these files in a folder called "txtcodes" but this is up to you!

Use a program to read the .txt files, such as Cheat Manager of Wii Code Manager, select the cheats you want, and save. Cheats will be saved to a .gct files in the "Codes" folder on your SD card. A file for Mario Kart Wii PAL should end up being called "RMCP01.gct"

In the Ultimate USB Loader, you can activate the cheat by selecting the game, selecting settings, and turn on Ocarina and start the game.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ToneEQ said:
Have a read of this

You need to download cheats from the site in the link above as .txt files. I put all these files in a folder called "txtcodes" but this is up to you!

Use a program to read the .txt files, such as Cheat Manager of Wii Code Manager, select the cheats you want, and save. Cheats will be saved to a .gct files in the "Codes" folder on your SD card. A file for Mario Kart Wii PAL should end up being called "RMCP01.gct"

In the Ultimate USB Loader, you can activate the cheat by selecting the game, selecting settings, and turn on Ocarina and start the game.

So I just create a "codes" (w/o the quotes) folder in the root of the sd card and UL ultimate will utilize it? Do I need to edit the config file for the loader?

SwedishGojira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Thanks guys!
I'll try them out on my Wii when I get home from work.
Too bad there's no compined program to download, generate .gct and then boot the game in one program.
Have I got it right that you need to generate a new .gct every time I activate or deactivate a cheat?
If so that sounds unnecessary to me. I mean even on the DS you can select wich cheats to use before you boot the game... but I'm no coder so I won't whine about it
wink.gif

saelee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just check out the zip file i posted,
1. install codemgr.exe onto your pc
2.file open txt (whichever .txt you want to load)
3.choose which codes you want to activate
4.click export to gct (choose your drive letter of you sd card)
5.you should automatically have a "codes" folder on the root of your sd card with a .gct file inside
hope this helps

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't go online with the wii really either mario kart wii is the only decent thing, xbox 360 for me all the way online. tempted by a ps3 just because its a blu ray player as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.