• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

Skorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been asked before but I would like confirmation on one thing. So if I'm understanding this right, henkaku will allow you to download and play vita roms/isos in a way similar to cfw does on the psp, correct? I would use it to play japanese games for study purposes.

Last edited by Skorch,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I added a small addition to the new Vita firmware quote, Sony is releasing 2 new colored Vitas in Japan sometime in December (I believe it's December 1st), these may be shipped with a firmware 3.60+ but (obviously) we can't confirm any of that yet. The colors are red and silver (as seen in the picture below). Anyone still looking for a Vita with 3.60 can simply avoid these new colors.

gojjKAr.png

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Aww man, and those new Vita colors look really snazzy as well! :(

(Also, this thread turns a year old today.)

mishnix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is the spoof to activate your psn account still working? i can't seem to make it work, it always asks me to update. help.

D

Deleted User

OP
Is anyone else enountering a "forbidden!" message when they try to download the latest vitasdk toolchains from Bintray? I can't seem to download anything at all; even much older links. :(

I don't suppose there are any alternate sites I could obtain them from for the time being?

D

Deleted User

OP
I am on 3.61 unfortunately. Is there any chance of hacking that one in near future? I updated because I wanted cross save for LoH: Trails of Cokd Steel 2 [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you not know about firmware spoofing on 3.60? You could've accessed PSN and cross-saved from there. :(

Unfortunately, I don't believe that another exploit for >=3.61 will be arising anytime soon due to HENkaku still being particularly young-ish and bustling with ongoing development, so there's little-to-no interest for developers to be working on such exploits/support for higher firmwares.
New, out-of-the-box Vitas are slowly dropping down in price though, especially with Black Friday happening, so it might just be the appropriate time to sell your current Vita for one on <=3.60!

soulkyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a question, OP posted that no boxed PSvita should come with 3.60+FW except (no confirmed) for some special color japan import. Will this one come with that 3.60+ firmware? I'm peruvian BTW so my options of buying are limited. Thanks!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hi, a question, OP posted that no boxed PSvita should come with 3.60+FW except (no confirmed) for some special color japan import. Will this one come with that 3.60+ firmware? I'm peruvian BTW so my options of buying are limited. Thanks!
Orange should be fine.

Reactions: soulkyo

deflorator

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Greetings to the community!

I recently bought a used PS Vita that was on 3.55 and I "Henkakued" it successfully and also added the offline-Henkaku .vpk in the 4GB memory card that is inside.

My question is: If I buy 2x 8GB memory cards (are in discount in a store in my region) can I have henkaku-offline installed in each of them and also put 3-4 games in each of them in order to swap them everytime I want to play another game?

D

Deleted User

OP
Greetings to the community!

I recently bought a used PS Vita that was on 3.55 and I "Henkakued" it successfully and also added the offline-Henkaku .vpk in the 4GB memory card that is inside.

My question is: If I buy 2x 8GB memory cards (are in discount in a store in my region) can I have henkaku-offline installed in each of them and also put 3-4 games in each of them in order to swap them everytime I want to play another game?
Hello,

Swapping between memory cards shouldn't be a problem, as the system will detect that the card was set up on that speciifc Vita console.
The email database, which the exploit is installed to, is stored on the memory card and not the actual system, so you would first need to set up henkaku offline-installer twice, onto each individual memory card. (that means running the online exploit and installing the offline exploit installer VPK twice).
Afterwards, you can just use molecularShell/VitaShell to install your games and apps to one memory card, then power off, swap between the two cards, and repeat the process with your other batch of games. :)

(Just be careful when swapping as the cards can sometimes easily break if you swap between them too many times!)

Hope this helps!

Reactions: deflorator

deflorator

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you very much for your immediate answer!

Yes I will be careful.

Let's hope that in the future someone will create an adaptor that takes high capacity (64GB or more) SD or micro SD cards that cost 20€ and we don't have to pay 100€ for sony's memory card!

D

Deleted User

OP

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Kinqdra

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch