• Views 700,936
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

mexspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im actually gonna ask a pretty noob question i bought a used vita and its on 3.51 i got all the steps right until trying to install tn-v how can i get a psp demo or game on my vita? i tried the qcma method and just when ever i try to copy the psp demo(ape quest)from the ps3 to the vita a pop up message apears (error co-11019-2)
i used echochrome and locoroco midnight carnival for tn-v and vhbl setup, since i have both a psvita and pstv i will be updating ps vita to latest and keeping pstv with tn-v and whenever i get the chance vhbl

norbert ferrer

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Unfortunately, Sony hit a problem trying to blacklist the transferring of certain PSP demos from PS3 to Vita, so they went ahead and blacklisted all PSP demos you try to transfer to the Vita. :sad:

You could possibly buy the cheapest PSP mini on the PS3 store, maybe? They are not blacklisted and will transfer to your Vita just fine.
the thing is im from venezuela and we have gubernamental restriccions to adquire us dolars (actually any type of currency that isnt bolivares) and blackmarket dolars are to damn expensive were talking about 1200 bolivares per dolar in a country were the minimum salary is 18000 bolivares a month so for me its out of the question buying a game because i cant afford it actually i paid like 70 $ for the vita with a 16gb card and marvel vs capcom hahaha so am i out of luck?

im not that good writing in english sorry for any mistakes

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The cheapest you can get on the store currently is Coconut Dodge (99p, also a legitimately good game.)

Otherwhise, wait a few days for my tutorial on backup transfer, which will allow you to transfer a backup from a different Vita right onto your Vita, VHBL included.

D

Deleted User

OP
The cheapest you can get on the store currently is Coconut Dodge (99p, also a legitimately good game.)

Otherwhise, wait a few days for my tutorial on backup transfer, which will allow you to transfer a backup from a different Vita right onto your Vita, VHBL included.
But what if he doesn't have another Vita (Which I highly doubt) or what if he can't find anyone else with a Vita that has a PSP game/demo?

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AKA pretty much everyone on this forum?

The backup transfer can be done over Internet too, and it requires no user input from the target Vita.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP

The backup transfer can be done over Internet too, and it requires no user input from the target Vita.
Sounds cool! Looking forward to your next tutorial! :)

Sorry for the bad logic just then; I only just thought of the answer you just gave me. :P

norbert ferrer

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

when are you posting it im very interested on it, and vhbl is for homebrews right? but can i still install tnv with it? and if i update after i have tnv to use online services will it remain in the vita?

Last edited by norbert ferrer,

LeopoldBloom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for maintaining this thread.

I have a PS Vita slim, OFW 3.35, unhacked. I plan on installing ePSP firmware. I've been using my old PSP for a decade as a portable emulation machine and I'd like to finally replace it (I know I can't get perfect PSX emulation on the Vita without being on TN-X but I can live with that).

I'd like to end up on firmware 3.50 so I can play the Lost Dimension cartridge which came with my system (which has a forced update). What features do I lose by going from 3.35 to 3.50 before installing ePSP (TN-V etc.)? Is it better to update before or after installing ePSP firmware?

Thanks!

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
when are you posting it im very interested on it, and vhbl is for homebrews right? but can i still install tnv with it? and if i update after i have tnv to use online services will it remain in the vita?

Working on writing it atm, can't give an exact date because I'm still waiting on a response.

TN-V is patched on 3.60, so you can get the bubble if you want but it won't be much use. Right now, I would recommend simply using game transfer, as the alternative method will take several hours and you can more easily find someone willing to share account than to potentially fuck up his Vita.

Zouhair_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very cool thank you !
I have a question : i have a psv 3.52 and i cannot get into the store without updating + i dont have a ps3 + I dont have a base game installed on my psv.

What should I do ?

Thank you in advance !

Last edited by Zouhair_,
D

Deleted User

OP
Guide updated with a tutorial on how to dump the whole memory card.
Also updated FAQ with new Q/As.

Edit: Also reformatted the wording so it says "Tutorial X" instead of "Part X".

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Guide updated again,

Added Tutorial 7, which contains various Vita Registry hacks.

Caseyfam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really appreciate the guide. Thanks a lot.

However, I think I'm going to update from 3.18 since it's holding me back from playing stuff I've legally purchased. If I install VHBL, that will first stay on my system on the newest firmware, correct? Also, will I still be able to add and delete homebrew / emulators once I've updated or will I be stuck with whatever I installed prior to updating?

kikukku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello Guys, wanna ask some question about Japan vita tv fw 3.01:
(I have search google but i didn't find any good information)

1. Any way of using us psn account on Japan vita tv below fw 3.30?
=> Not necessary as i already bought exploit game on region 3. Just to make sure.

2. Im trying to connect to ps3 to activate the vita tv, here is what i did:
A. using wifi router (im sorry i forget router's brand and type)
- the ps3, vita tv and pc has already connected to the same router.
- cannot add/find any device on vita (no devices were found)
- i have disable router's firewall and check the dhcp enable. through router setting, i can see all of my devices got local ip
B. using handphone tethering connection (cdma iph*ne)
- the ps3, vita tv and pc has already connected to the same handphone "router".
- my vita tv can find/connect to pc or ps3
- on the contrary, my ps3 cannot sign in to psn (isp problem i think, or maybe iph*ne security problem?)
=> So, any advice on router setting? i prefer using A btw

3. If i activated my other ps vita using psn id A, and move the memory card to un-activated vita tv (initial set up using psn id A), will my vita tv get activated to?

4. Tekken 2 (japan) on asia region, is the same as Tekken 2 on japan region, am i right? I checked wiki, there are only 3 regions back then: us, japan and europe.

Well that is it that i want to ask. Thank you for your reply :D

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
It certainly can run TN-V! :)
Also, this guide was mainly made for users on 3.00-3.52 anyway, so you could do every single tutorial I wrote up in the OP.
Going through the steps now, I just bought a ps vita slim for a steal price so I decided to give it a go.
The gmail email part gave me a hard time.
For ps vita on 3.35, any psp game is okay? Any suggestions? XD

D

Deleted User

OP
The gmail email part gave me a hard time.
For ps vita on 3.35, any psp game is okay? Any suggestions? XD
Absolutely any PSP game/mini/demo will do for the PBOOT injection.
Also, mind filling me in on how the gmail part gave you a hard time?

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Absolutely any PSP game/mini/demo will do for the PBOOT injection.
Also, mind filling me in on how the gmail part gave you a hard time?
It was the GMAIL security thing, it won't let me log in on other devices, I had to tweak my own account settings. one of my first choice email didn't work too, dunno why. the guide was fine. XD

So by demo, I don't need to buy it? Great, i thought I need to buy a psp game for tnv just to play psp isos.

Edit: After the email set up I can go directly to TN-V right? I think I will read more on this for now and will resume hacking tomorrow. Thanks for this. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2