• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 700,897
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
The guide's been updated. I took the liberty of replacing the Vita Email Hacker steps with Thunderbird steps again, since I really feel that Vita Email Hacker is unreliable now. Sorry, @RazorX2014. :(

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again.. Ive come back to trying to get rejuvenate working on my vita again..... I ve got the dev asst for unity installedon my vita and ive run the update for it that it asked me to do, which went through with no problems.... however the dev app is still asking me to update...... I have been reading around trying to find a solution to this problem, and i am startingto think that i should of updated the dev app before i installed it to my vita.

Am i right? and if so how can i do that?

D

Deleted User

OP
Hi again.. Ive come back to trying to get rejuvenate working on my vita again..... I ve got the dev asst for unity installedon my vita and ive run the update for it that it asked me to do, which went through with no problems.... however the dev app is still asking me to update...... I have been reading around trying to find a solution to this problem, and i am startingto think that i should of updated the dev app before i installed it to my vita.

Am i right? and if so how can i do that?
Does it prompt you to update, and then says "PlayStation®Mobile Developer's License could not be confirmed.", by any chance?

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it prompt you to update, and then says "PlayStation®Mobile Developer's License could not be confirmed.", by any chance?

Yes it does and i realise now thats correct... :)

Now i have another problem........

I have the vitadefilerclient installed on my vita :)

trying to run some homebrew but the thing stalls at waiting for vita connection.......

Any ideas

Last edited by nikeymikey, , Reason: new problem
D

Deleted User

OP
I have the vitadefilerclient installed on my vita :)

trying to run some homebrew but the thing stalls at waiting for vita connection.......

Any ideas
Ah, sorry I didn't see this in time!! :P (it's good to bump the guide every now and then as well. ;))

If you haven't already solved it, you need the Vita and the PC on the same network, then you will need to drag and drop the .velf (homebrew) file on the run_homebrew_unity.bat before you open VitaDefilerClient. I think it should work then. :)

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, sorry I didn't see this in time!! :P (it's good to bump the guide every now and then as well. ;))

If you haven't already solved it, you need the Vita and the PC on the same network, then you will need to drag and drop the .velf (homebrew) file on the run_homebrew_unity.bat before you open VitaDefilerClient. I think it should work then. :)

I had pretty much given up on it, i tried what you siad and now all i can get is this....

http://pichost.me/2034046/

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what is in the pic in the link on my earlier post, its starts and then crashes immediately :(
I had that issue before when trying to use the .bat in the /vitadefiler/ folder, There should be another set of .bat files where the vitadefiler folder is located which actually work.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had that issue before when trying to use the .bat in the /vitadefiler/ folder, There should be another set of .bat files where the vitadefiler folder is located which actually work.

ok ill try those now

Edit: Now it just freezes at the waiting for vita connection on the network screen

Also if i click on the defiler client on my vita, it says some shit about failed to authenticate blah blah

Last edited by nikeymikey,

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

arekku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, just got a PSTV and I have a few questions.

I've heard that the base firmware that it should come with is 3.20, so I think I'm good to run most exploits, but I wanted to know a few things...

Wont it make me update when I link my PSN account to it?
Wont it make me update before I can access the PS Shop to download a PSP game for part 3?
Is there a restriction to what game can be used for part 3?
And I assume you cant keep the game you use for this, right? (Not that big of a problem to be honest)
Can you run PS1 games (Using the old Popstation exploit, I believe) using either hack (VHBL or TN)?
It also mentions that you can update to 3.55 and keep VHBL / TN, is this true for 3.6 as well? Is there any benefit of keeping an old Firmware aside from the whitelist?
Can I log into a PSN account after installing VHBL?

Last edited by arekku,
D

Deleted User

OP
3.20 is the golden firmware for a PSTV. If you got that FW, I suggest staying on that 3.20 firmware.

Wont it make me update when I link my PSN account to it?
No, not if you just link your PSN account at first-time setup. You WILL be prompted to update if you try to activate your PSTV though. (basically activating the PSTV allows you to play content from a memory card, whereas if you still have the PSTV deactivated, you can't play anything from a memcard... Which pretty much sucks in my opinion.)
However, you CAN bypass the update nag when trying to activate your PSTV. But it does require a PS3! All you have to do is transfer some content from a PS3 to the PSTV, be it a PSP game, a Vita game, basically anything transferrable from a PS3 to a Vita/PSTV. Then it will automatically activate the PSTV and you should be good to go with playing the PSP game(s) from the memory card! (You will need the same PSN account tied to both devices for it to work though.)

Wont it make me update before I can access the PS Shop to download a PSP game for part 3?
Yes. But like I said above, just buy something from the PS Store on the PS3, and transfer it to the PSTV, then you are ready to start the tutorial.

Is there a restriction to what game can be used for part 3?
I don't think so. Just make sure it's purely PSP content.

And I assume you cant keep the game you use for this, right? (Not that big of a problem to be honest)
Actually, you can still run the replaced game from within TN-V or ARK afterwards! :)

Can you run PS1 games (Using the old Popstation exploit, I believe) using either hack (VHBL or TN)?
You're best option for PS1 games is TN-X (Requires a legitimate purchase of Tekken 2, if I remember correctly). TN-X is completely different to TN-V or ARK, but it's meant to be really good! :)

It also mentions that you can update to 3.55 and keep VHBL / TN, is this true for 3.6 as well? Is there any benefit of keeping an old Firmware aside from the whitelist?
3.57 and 3.60 patch the current PSP-side kernel exploits (TN-V and ARK), so no. Also, updating to 3.55 would be pointless, because it patches out nearly all possible Vita/PSTV exploits (including whitelist), and still doesn't allow you to access online/PSN content.

Can I log into a PSN account after installing VHBL?
Nope. VHBL is homebrew-related anyway. There's just no way to enable PSN content under the latest firmware yet. :/

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I'm here again :P
I do not understand some steps:
1) How i can activate a PS TV?
I can't directly connect it with a ps3, or am I missing something?

2) How many games should i transfer from the ps3?

Just a generic one (psp or vita doesen't matter) to activate?
One (obligatory psp) for each exploit i intend to use?

3) How can i add more games without a PS3 (that i'll just borrow for this trick)?

4) Do i need an external memory card, or for emulator and homebrew the internal memory is enough?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Jhyrachy,

Pita26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this guide! It's quite helpful considering I've been out of the scene since before the vita even launched...

Just a quick question: In part 2, where we're injecting the edited database into the vita, I keep getting the error c1-2738-0 instead of getting the "cannot display this image" error. I'm not quite sure how to work around this. I've tried factory restoring the system but I keep running into the problem. Everything works fine up until the point where I am trying to inject the database back into the system. I'm attempting to do this on a PSTV running official firmware 3.20. Any suggestions?

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks for this guide! It's quite helpful considering I've been out of the scene since before the vita even launched...

Just a quick question: In part 2, where we're injecting the edited database into the vita, I keep getting the error c1-2738-0 instead of getting the "cannot display this image" error. I'm not quite sure how to work around this. I've tried factory restoring the system but I keep running into the problem. Everything works fine up until the point where I am trying to inject the database back into the system. I'm attempting to do this on a PSTV running official firmware 3.20. Any suggestions?
You need to set the email subject as "ur0:shell/db/app.db" (without quotes) and make sure the attachment is named "#0" (again, without quotes). Make sure you have done all of those things.

Pita26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, so the subject line is the location where the file needs to be written on the PSTV. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.