Hacking [Guide] Change emuNAND Region

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also, quick update. You can't change the region for a 2DS, that seems to be the issue I have. It worked fine on my n3DS, but not my 2DS.

If I have read this before... spent hours trying to change my 2DS region into (E) without success, now I know this isn't possible :(
Oh well. Learning every day, I guess :P

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have read this before... spent hours trying to change my 2DS region into (E) without success, now I know this isn't possible :(
Oh well. Learning every day, I guess :P
Yeah, I tried doing it for days, with several different methods. None work at all. Once I try booting into emuNAND, it stays on a black screen.

I assume it's because the 2DS isn't even out yet in Japan (I tried to change U to J). I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't already developed a Japanese firmware for the 2DS though. Latest I tried was 10.4J, and not 10.5J, so I wonder what the Japanese 2DS' will ship with.

Not sure if Europe has the 2DS though, if not, I assume it's why you can't change it either.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I tried doing it for days, with several different methods. None work at all. Once I try booting into emuNAND, it stays on a black screen.

I assume it's because the 2DS isn't even out yet in Japan (I tried to change U to J). I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't already developed a Japanese firmware for the 2DS though. Latest I tried was 10.4J, and not 10.5J, so I wonder what the Japanese 2DS' will ship with.

Not sure if Europe has the 2DS though, if not, I assume it's why you can't change it either.

Curiously, Europe already have the 2DS... possibly I'm doing something wrong in the process :/
...later I'll try again, maybe I'm forgetting something.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Japanese 3ds xl running 9.2 system and 10.5 USA emunand. I injected the secure A file (USA version) by using the rxtools menu. Problem now, It didn't work and I get the message 'the service is not available in your region' whenever trying to open eshop. I got secureA from that iso site.

Also my friend list freezes every time I try to close it

ImInsane

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have 2 3ds, one USA and other EUR, if I change emuNAND from the EUR to USA can I play local with both ?
Cause they dont recognize each other to play local games like Mario Kart.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Japanese 3ds xl running 9.2 system and 10.5 USA emunand. I injected the secure A file (USA version) by using the rxtools menu. Problem now, It didn't work and I get the message 'the service is not available in your region' whenever trying to open eshop. I got secureA from that iso site.

Also my friend list freezes every time I try to close it
the eShop doesn't work on a region changed emuNAND unless you're using a SecureInfo_A file from a 3DS that has never connected to the internet.

Edit: You can access the eShop with this guide, but you will lose access to the Japanese eShop. https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-change-tutorial-easy-way.386207/

Last edited by Supster131,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the eShop doesn't work on a region changed emuNAND unless you're using a SecureInfo_A file from a 3DS that has never connected to the internet.

Edit: You can access the eShop with this guide, but you will lose access to the Japanese eShop. https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-change-tutorial-easy-way.386207/
I am in the exact same boat, jap n3ds w. 10.5emu USA and I already tried that guide, does not work. Is there any other way?

This is what I had done: If this is not correct let me know.
Could someone please help me? I tried the steps below but nothing changed, am I doing it wrong?

Step 8: With the 1st SD Card, set up an NNID. BUT DON'T SET IT UP ON THE 2ND SD CARD.
Step 9: After setting it up, launch the eShop. Set it up as usual. While on the main page, press HOME and close it off. Turn off the 3DS.
Step 10: Use the 2nd SD Card you didn't set up an Nintendo Network ID with, and launch eShop. It'll say an error message. When you see the error message, TURN OFF the 3DS. This is very important.
Step 11: Now use the 3rd SD Card with another region. Launch the eShop. Aw, it worked! Great job!

I have a Jap n3ds so my SD Cards are as follows:

SD 1 Jap Emu 10.5 w/ Jap NNID
SD 2 Jap Emu 10.5 w/ NO NNID
SD3 USA Emu 10.5 w/ Usa NNID

I inserted SD 1, went into eshop fine, exited and powered n3ds off. Inserted SD 2, *one with no NNID* and accessed eshop, got error so I powered off by holding button until shutoff . Inserted SD 3 which has USA Emu and (already configured USA NNID) enter eshop and continue getting the same error 007-2001, can someone help me with this please?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in the exact same boat, jap n3ds w. 10.5emu USA and I already tried that guide, does not work. Is there any other way?

This is what I had done: If this is not correct let me know.
I actually didn't try this myself, as I'm just using a Japanese EmuNAND as my 2nd emuNAND. My American EmuNAND is my primary emuNAND, and I'd prefer not to lose access to the American eShop.
Not only that, but, I actually have both emuNANDs on 1 SD card, so I wouldn't be able to follow that guide.

You sure you backed up the emuNAND from the 1st SD card and injected it to the 2nd SD card? Also, did you format all the 1st card?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having trouble getting super smash/monster hunter 4 working on my usa emunand on a jap 3ds. It gives me a black screen whenever I try to boot it

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States

Well, I wouldn't want to do that in the first place, since you'd be using 3DS firmware on a 2DS, and one of the steps is to format your system memory. Since it is seen as a 3DS, it will wait for you to turn the 3D Depth Slider all the way up as part of the set up process, and....
yeahhh...

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I wouldn't want to do that in the first place, since you'd be using 3DS firmware on a 2DS, and one of the steps is to format your system memory. Since it is seen as a 3DS, it will wait for you to turn the 3D Depth Slider all the way up as part of the set up process, and....
yeahhh...
It wouldn't boot up upon changing the region, so I wouldn't be able to format it anyways. I wonder if there's any 2DS firmwares online.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't boot up upon changing the region, so I wouldn't be able to format it anyways. I wonder if there's any 2DS firmwares online.
2ds firmware is the same as O3ds .. I confirm this as I used O3DS firmware to downgrade a 2ds

gotenks266

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello people! i just changed my Japanese Emunand on a 10.5 New 3DS to a US Emunand and i had a question regarding installing Pokemon Omega Ruby. everytime i install it via FBI it still comes up in Japanese while ingame. the icon for the game itself is in english. any way to have it fully english ingame too? thanks in advance for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant