xboxrules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swizler said:
zektor said:
xboxrules said:
Yes this app is legen... (wait for it) dary! The convenience of SMB cannot be stated enough times.

Agreed. SMB should be mandatory in ALL wad managers
smile.gif
WTF IS SMB?

I've always qualified SMB as Server Message Blocks which in turn equal a windows share (under MS Windows 98, XP, Server etc etc).

zjed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice idea, but still has a few issues.
It can't run smb without a SD card!
When running from USB it doesn't recognise the config.xml file on the USB drive.
It will only use the config.xml file on SD.
Try to save smb config without the SD card in and it crashes.
Also, it will run from USB but can't browse USB????
Should also be able to set the default "browse device" or browse smb first, I think this is what most people will use.
Currently it looks for the SD, then throws an error if it's not there.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could care less about nand emulation, but do agree that the dependency of an SD card for using SMB should be removed. Maybe create an option that allows the manager to use SMB settings for that session without the need of writing a config file at all....and of course the option to save it to card if you have one present.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i think it was another case like Wiipod, or maybe decided not to release due to the current one released

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "other guy" was giantpune from USB Loader GX, so rest assured that he wasn't bluffing as the WiiPod stuf. IDK where he is lately, but something might have arose along the way
unsure.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The development of this has been pretty quiet. Other than the initial release we have really heard nothing more. Is it still being worked on? I have already experienced a few DSI Exceptions while installing wads....although it is random and I cannot seem to reproduce it on demand. I was also hoping for a no SD needed for temporary SMB settings to be implemented. Any news?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
zektor said:
The development of this has been pretty quiet. Other than the initial release we have really heard nothing more. Is it still being worked on? I have already experienced a few DSI Exceptions while installing wads....although it is random and I cannot seem to reproduce it on demand. I was also hoping for a no SD needed for temporary SMB settings to be implemented. Any news?
you "need" the sd card, or usb drive (unless) you compile it and have so the settings is already inside the dol making you need to change things and compile yourself.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
zektor said:
you "need" the sd card, or usb drive (unless) you compile it and have so the settings is already inside the dol making you need to change things and compile yourself.

Yeah, I know, but it can be very possible to adjust SMB settings for one session without having to write it to sd or usb....perhaps cache it in memory for the session.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi