Homebrew GUI for retroarch ?

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, does exist a gui for retroarch on wii ? Like hyperspin or wiiflow ?

Instead of going in retroarch and load game from a list ?

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
wiiflow can run retroarch as plugin.

but for me, things gets much more complicated. Some time ago, CPS1 and CPS2 cores worked via wiiflow fine (RA 0.9.9, roms is fine, works thru RA GUI). But now it gets DSI error. :/
same with mame2000 (which was 1.0.0.2). Standart FBA and NeoGeo works.

I can't run newer RA FBA cores (tried 1.3.6, and 1.7.1), just reset. Also i can't run mame2000 core (DSI error)

But new mame2003 cores works (which based on 1.7.1)! My brains is fkd up

Last edited by vEN2,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had some headaches as well with retroarch on wiiflow (IMHO best GUI ever). But now everything works perfect.
I'm using only plugins based on RA 1.0.0.2. so that there are no conflicts between their cfg files. Also make sure you're using the proper rom sets

vEN2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Maybe somebody know how to config later versions of ra in wiiflow to run games from usb?
If games on sd - ra plugin works fine, but when roms on usb it crash or resets..

For some reason only 0.9.9 version works fine as wiiflow plugin

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe somebody know how to config later versions of ra in wiiflow to run games from usb?
If games on sd - ra plugin works fine, but when roms on usb it crash or resets..

For some reason only 0.9.9 version works fine as wiiflow plugin

I wonder why they are release a new version if the new version break previous features ? new version supposed to mean "improvements" lol

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tested many different versions of RA and never had any problems running games from usb. Did you check if you have the correct paths on your .ini files in the plungin folder? Other than that, another thing that come to my mind is that maybe you have Wiiflow on both Sd and usb, try to remove your sd card and be sure to have everything on usb.

Cypher16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tetsuo Shima would you mind throwing up one of your ini files in you wiiflow/plugins directory as an example? The console roms are much easier than the arcade roms to get working, simply because there's only one "core" and its already included in the console emulator. MAME/FinalBurn Alpha/RetroArch are a bit more complicated, and I've found no tutorial on properly setting them up so they run from wiiflow, so if you wouldn't mind, let us know what your plugin.ini files look like.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima would you mind throwing up one of your ini files in you wiiflow/plugins directory as an example? The console roms are much easier than the arcade roms to get working, simply because there's only one "core" and its already included in the console emulator. MAME/FinalBurn Alpha/RetroArch are a bit more complicated, and I've found no tutorial on properly setting them up so they run from wiiflow, so if you wouldn't mind, let us know what your plugin.ini files look like.
Sure, I will do it in the next days, when I'll come back from summer vacation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!