Homebrew RELEASE GUI for NSP Forwarder tool for 12+

xHardcoreChildx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the best NSP forwarder out there right now? All the older ones are deprecated due to the 12.x.x firmware changes. Just a little worried using this one since the author said he's not that good at programming. Figured maybe there's other, better apps out there? I heard SAK can create NSP forwarders still. Someone please point me in the right direction, thanks. Looking to create NSP's for Super Mario War NX and Sonic 1 & 2 Android ports.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just a little worried using this one since the author said he's not that good at programming.
I think when they said that, they meant it more as in, they don't know how to build GUI applications from scratch by themselves, so they used an easier language that automates it for them. It shouldn't really affect the quality if the apps created with it.

You can always try both and compare, either way. Or if you're worried enough about it, you should be well-served by SAK either way. But perhaps @EddCase (or anyone else really) could chime in about how their program works so we could ease your worries as well.

Reactions: OrGoN3

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to create forwarders for ps1 games? It becomes a bit complicated since ps1 games have multiple files associated with them (like .bin and .cue files or multiple .bin files etc).

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to create forwarders for ps1 games? It becomes a bit complicated since ps1 games have multiple files associated with them (like .bin and .cue files or multiple .bin files etc).

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use a chd converter for PS1 games. - google "CUE or GDI to CHD.bat"
And for multidisc games, google "PS1 m3u"
That way you don't have multiple files for a single PS1 game.

And it's very easy to forward the .chd ps1 games with the forwarder tool.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, but can anyone confirm if the retroarch forwarders work on the latest switch software (14.x)? I know the title of this post confirms 12+ but wanted to be sure before updating my switch.

Thanks!

minomore

Trophies
XP
Country
hey sorry to be a pain in the ass, ive been trying to create forwarders for a while but everytime i do the image shows but i get a message saying the software has been closed. any help would be welcome.

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey sorry to be a pain in the ass, ive been trying to create forwarders for a while but everytime i do the image shows but i get a message saying the software has been closed. any help would be welcome.
Wrong filepath is my guess. Check that you don't have any blank space after the file path

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same issue as you. someone posted a helpful youtube video in this thread somewhere that I would look for and check out. It helped me out.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure if this applies to this app but nro2nsp you had to use "\" and not "/" which was a easy thing alot of ppl missed when creating their forwarders

kronictripy420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have like 12 made as of now but the gui keep breaking tho not sure why? which one do u need can make them for you

kronictripy420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i have been using Menu_v0.12b_AIO and i seen to be either not using the gui right which i know i am every icon is 256x256 and in .jpeg and the logo is 160x40 and in .png using this for core
/retroarch/cores/pcsx_rearmed_libretro_libnx.nro and i always click on the disable image conversion or the gui is broken in some way cause iam experiencing an issue where i can only make a few nsp files or 1,2 or none at all and after i try like a dozen times i have to delete the entire Menu_v0.12b_AIO which is in a folder not sure what is causing this but i pulled up task manager and realized that the gui is a 32bit version not sure if there is a 64bit version out there and not sure that this is the problem but i know from other programs that you are supposed use the correct 32bit programs for 32bit operating systems and 64bit programs operating systems cause some will operate but not to full capacity or not at all could someone please help with my issue please and thank you in advance

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hello everyone, i have been using Menu_v0.12b_AIO and i seen to be either not using the gui right which i know i am every icon is 256x256 and in .jpeg and the logo is 160x40 and in .png using this for core
/retroarch/cores/pcsx_rearmed_libretro_libnx.nro and i always click on the disable image conversion or the gui is broken in some way cause iam experiencing an issue where i can only make a few nsp files or 1,2 or none at all and after i try like a dozen times i have to delete the entire Menu_v0.12b_AIO which is in a folder not sure what is causing this but i pulled up task manager and realized that the gui is a 32bit version not sure if there is a 64bit version out there and not sure that this is the problem but i know from other programs that you are supposed use the correct 32bit programs for 32bit operating systems and 64bit programs operating systems cause some will operate but not to full capacity or not at all could someone please help with my issue please and thank you in advance
That was hard to read.

So, your problem is that you can only create a few forwarders and after that the program stops working? Or is there another problem?

I'm still using the old 0.8 version and it's working perfectly fine. I've created well over 50 forwarders so far (Dreamcast, PS1, PSP, Wonderswan) and everything is working perfectly.

kronictripy420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was hard to read.

So, your problem is that you can only create a few forwarders and after that the program stops working? Or is there another problem?

I'm still using the old 0.8 version and it's working perfectly fine. I've created well over 50 forwarders so far (Dreamcast, PS1, PSP, Wonderswan) and everything is working perfectly.
yes the program just stops working all together, it does still create nsp files just none are working after installing, and no there is no other program maybe i might not have everything needed in the AIO version not sure why or what's causing this problem. Also not sure does the menu gui have to be closed after every nsp is made. Could you please point me in the direction where to get the 0.8 version of the menu im also on 13.2.1 HOS and 1.2.6 AMS

kronictripy420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what the menu 0.12 Beta folder looks like

Attachments

• Menu.png
    Menu.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 64

Site & Scene News