Gaming GTA Chinatown Wars graphics

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Not a fan of the GTA series, but the first two were by far the best of the series. After number 3 it got a big "blergh!" - just another generic 3rd person action game.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quim69 said:
Not a fan of the GTA series, but the first two were by far the best of the series. After number 3 it got a big "blergh!" - just another generic 3rd person action game.

I wouldn't say generic...

GTA 2 was just filled with a bunch of missions, it didn't have much of the sandbox gameplay that most people prefer.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Awdofgum said:
quim69 said:

I wouldn't say generic...

GTA 2 was just filled with a bunch of missions, it didn't have much of the sandbox gameplay that most people prefer.

Yes, I never got into number two either. The first one I liked most. Then the 3D ones have sort of an equal standing with me.

D

Deleted-119707

graphics are poor. the screenshots are bigger than the screen itself. so maybe it will be good at a ds' screen size.

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
Some new info:

- Camera can swivel 360 degrees
- Trains will pass overhead in the city, cars will circle, pedestrians will be walking, etc.
- GPS seen on the touch screen while you move through the city
- PDA allows you to gain access to the map with more details as well as the goals of missions
- You can mark points that you want and the GPS will always tell you the shortest legal route to the destination with yellow or blue arrows
- New discoveries (such as gas stations) are added to the map
- Top screen brings you all the action, while the lower screen will let you control elements like the PDA, GPS, the radio, access to the people on the map, or using Motolov cocktails and grenades.
- Drugs have a big importance in the game
- Drug system can be compared to Drugwars
- You have to control the stock of drugs, buy them in one neighborhood and sell them in another - Good way to make money in the game
- You are given a map so that you know what people demand and at what prices
- Like other GTA games, in Chinatown Wars, you can catch a taxi - whistle into the microphone so the taxi will stop

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2008/11/16/gran...town-wars-info/

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hey_suburbia said:
Some new info:

- Camera can swivel 360 degrees
- Trains will pass overhead in the city, cars will circle, pedestrians will be walking, etc.
- GPS seen on the touch screen while you move through the city
- PDA allows you to gain access to the map with more details as well as the goals of missions
- You can mark points that you want and the GPS will always tell you the shortest legal route to the destination with yellow or blue arrows
- New discoveries (such as gas stations) are added to the map
- Top screen brings you all the action, while the lower screen will let you control elements like the PDA, GPS, the radio, access to the people on the map, or using Motolov cocktails and grenades.
- Drugs have a big importance in the game
- Drug system can be compared to Drugwars
- You have to control the stock of drugs, buy them in one neighborhood and sell them in another - Good way to make money in the game
- You are given a map so that you know what people demand and at what prices
- Like other GTA games, in Chinatown Wars, you can catch a taxi - whistle into the microphone so the taxi will stop

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2008/11/16/gran...town-wars-info/
the graphics don't look crap. and it doesn't matter about the fact even if they did.
Its the game. Just hope it won't kill itself.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
berlinka said:
I figure that when you'll see the game in motion it will look much better.
Still I think this isn't what GTA should be. Today the experience is all about BEING the character, identifying with him, experiencing a virtual world that's big and versatile. With San Andreas I really had that feeling. I spent hours upon hours just trying things, shooting people, stealing cars. I hardly got into the missions because I liked the free roaming so much.

I think without even having played the DS version I can tell this is going to be a dissapointment. Off course the IP alone is enough to sell like crazy, but personally I think they should not call this a GTA game, because the franchise has evolved too much. I remember playing the GBA version where I constantly had to tell myself I was actually playing a Grand Theft Auto game, because I was constantly forgetting that that was the case.

To be honest I'm not even mildly interested in this game.
I hear you, but I wouldn't agree at all..You know why, because I'm a GTA player from the first two sequels! After GTA got 3D, I stopped playing it, couldn't get into it at all....I couldn't "feel" like I'm a character, and with first two I got that feeling..

Also, I think if they did it in full 3D with the third person view, I doubt that we would have big city and that it could work nice without slowdowns..Not with all the random persons walking around and traffic..
I think they couldn't decide better to go with the graphics..

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
This looks great, now I'm currently playing it on my PSP
biggrin.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
A shame it might be the only way you can utilize your mic....

Wait a minute... do I have to whistle at all? Will a clap be enough?

Also, do you think we'll get the bribe icon like VCS?
rolleyes.gif

Nintenterd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BankaiKirby said:
I hope it has the "Violence Factor". If they didnt have blood violence etc. Itd be a fair seller.

yeah, they have put drugs into the game, but probably the drugs are coffee, glue and cigarettes, cuz u know how nintendo is, kiddish, we dont want kids with violence and stuff..

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintenterd said:
BankaiKirby said:
I hope it has the "Violence Factor". If they didnt have blood violence etc. Itd be a fair seller.

yeah, they have put drugs into the game, but probably the drugs are coffee, glue and cigarettes, cuz u know how nintendo is, kiddish, we dont want kids with violence and stuff..

Look at some of the newer screenshots, the drugs in this game are REAL drugs like coke, weed, heroin
grog.gif

Nintenterd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
754boy said:
Nintenterd said:
BankaiKirby said:

Look at some of the newer screenshots, the drugs in this game are REAL drugs like coke, weed, heroin
grog.gif

ohhhh...thats good
yaynds.gif

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
Nintenterd said:
BankaiKirby said:

Look at some of the newer screenshots, the drugs in this game are REAL drugs like 0's and 1's
grog.gif

Fix'd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge