Do you expect Gravity Rush to be good?

• Total voters

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gravity Rush has to be easily one of the best new handheld IP's i have ever played. Its just amazing.

This game stole the spot for my favorite current Vita game (It was Disgaea 3 before, and this is coming from a Disgaea fan). I gladly paid full price for this, despite knowing the length

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hmm Guild it is smart to wait until the game is on sale, it is short.(6 hours story mode) but yeah the DLC gives some extra value. It is a great game though, I guess the PS Vita needs more of these games to succeed.

I don't own it so I dunno, I'm also very picky on what I consider "killer apps" and what I just consider "good games". Like Tetris is a killer app; Super Mario 3D Land isn't. To me, at least. It might be a quality game but if it's only picked up and beaten in a weekend then it doesn't justify the purchase of a system like a high replay value game like Tetris or (for the Vita) Lumines.
>Tetris is a killer app
The last time tetris was a killer app was the release of the GameBoy.
Is this the part where you try to convince everyone that you actually knew what a 'killer app' was the whole time, and was only pretending to be retarded?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Tetris is a killer app
Is this the part where you try to convince everyone that you actually knew what a 'killer app' was the whole time, and was only pretending to be retarded?

Tetris lasts more hours than most any other game on the market. As I said, my definition of "killer app" and most other peoples' definitions are different.

To my a killer app is something with a high replay value to justify the continued existence of a console. So even when the game releases are dull, you'll have something to fall back on. I don't consider a fun, 6 hour romp that becomes a dust magnet after that a "killer app".

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
>Tetris is a killer app

Tetris lasts more hours than most any other game on the market. As I said, my definition of "killer app" and most other peoples' definitions are different.

To my a killer app is something with a high replay value to justify the continued existence of a console. So even when the game releases are dull, you'll have something to fall back on. I don't consider a fun, 6 hour romp that becomes a dust magnet after that a "killer app".
A killer app is something that convinces you to buy a piece of hardware. Oh sure, Tetris would be a great killer app, if it wasn't already on every system known to man. Nobody buys new hardware for Tetris.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>Tetris is a killer app

Bro you can't throw around established terms with a completely different meaning to why you're using it.

If only because you're the only damn person who knows what the hell you're talking about and everyone else just thinks you're retarded for using the term wrong.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Tetris is a killer app

Bro you can't throw around established terms with a completely different meaning to why you're using it.

If only because you're the only damn person who knows what the hell you're talking about and everyone else just thinks you're retarded for using the term wrong.

Fine, terminology aside, you get my point as to why I'm not purchasing this game immediately.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
>Tetris is a killer app

Fine, terminology aside, you get my point as to why I'm not purchasing this game immediately.
Yes, I do understand. Short game, low replayability. Even the most impressive game can be a bad buy if it suffers from those two problems. But you can't just make up new definitions for words, that's all :P

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just finished it a few minutes ago.

Pretty short indeed (I've not 100%'ed it), not really challenging as long as you level up your attacks (I died 6-7 times during the whole play through 4 of those were cheap mistakes), the quality of the music/graphics/story/atmosphere outbalance the fact it's short, I hope there will be a sequel...

... Because the ending is screaming for it

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Played my friend's Gravity Rush, he has completed the game and he said it was marvelous.

I have to agree. The game itself was awesome. It's true that you can't judge a book by its cover. I feel like buying it, but how long is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU +1