Hardware Graphically, how well does the Nintendo Switch par up to the PS3

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny how people compared Switch with PS4 at start, now they jumped 10 years in the past and do it with PS3 instead :lol:
i think people cant really compare it to the PS4, so will get a buzz comparing it to a console that was released fecking years ago.

the fans did the same with the wii u, compared the likes of batman to the ps3 version, but the thing is, this is a new system and really should easily piss over a console that was released years ago.

but when to comes to comparing to current systems (which it cant) its then not about graphics and claims of nintendo games being so innovative and fun.

id love to see how it can compete when sony and ms release their next gen systems which the wii u failed to compete with the ps4/xbx1 so nintendo are already into their next gen.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You are so closed minded and wrong at the same time if you think shooters are the only games available on the other platforms. If that were the case, the wiiu and its first party games should have been successful, even with the bad marketing, but hey, it wasnt. No one wanted a wii u. Second, nintendo is still silly to release undetpowered crap compared to last gen consoles, because you know, since the switch is new gen, the current one is old now.

IF THIRD PARTIES DEVS START TO LOSE INTEREST ON THE SWITCH, most consumers will go with the other platforms, since you nintendrones just think shooters are the only games available on the other platforms.

ffs.
Oh sorry about that, as far as I knew FPS titles are the only games available for Playstation & Xbox and of course the rest never do any good, ie good platformers or fun racing games, that's why their only known for there Call of Duty, Killzones & Gears of Wars. What a depressing console of choice, if that's what I have to look forward too in life :cry:

Last edited by Reecey,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry about that, as far as I knew FPS titles are the only games available for Playstation & Xbox and of course the rest never do any good, ie good platformers or fun racing games, that's why their only known for there Call of Duty, Killzones & Gears of Wars. What a depressing console of choice, if that's what I have to look forward too in life :cry:
Huh, yeah, i only see titles that the switch will never have. Way to defend the crappy decisions nintendo has been done. I loved when they were competitive, nowdays is just gimmick, fanservice and/or childish crap.

Despite me being a nintendo fan, owning most of their consoles and wanting a switch in the future, i'm not blinded to ignore their shitty decisions and celebrate the stuff they are doing. Well, i can thank the wii u for opening my eyes.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually this is all people who hate sony or ms seem to see.

depressing console of choice yet they always get the better third party support nintendo keep promising every time they release a new system.

love the "fun" statement, knew it would come, what is your definition of fun?

are you trying to say if its not cartoony, brightly colored aimed for ages 3+ its not fun?

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
actually this is all people who hate sony or ms seem to see.

depressing console of choice yet they always get the better third party support nintendo keep promising every time they release a new system.

love the "fun" statement, knew it would come, what is your definition of fun?

are you trying to say if its not cartoony, brightly colored aimed for ages 3+ its not fun?
No not really, just a fantastic fun game that keeps me glued to the screen without the need of blood & violence to keep me happy but it does go to show how a powerful and very successful company like Nintendo can produce fantastic first party titles without the worry & need of third party support for there console/handhelds to sell like hot cakes!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: PkPizza

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, yeah, i only see titles that the switch will never have. Way to defend the crappy decisions nintendo has been done. I loved when they were competitive, nowdays is just gimmick, fanservice and/or childish crap.

Despite me being a nintendo fan, owning most of their consoles and wanting a switcg in the future, i'm not blinded to ignore their shitty decisions and celebrate the stuff they are doing. Well, i can thank the wii u for opening my eyes.
my eyes started to open when sony came to the market, the N64 i loved, but it never had the games that the PS1 was taking lead with.

the cube got worse, had even less support.

the wii i couldnt be bothered rebuying a cube again to play party/mini games.

the wii u i knew it would fail before it even launched, dont care what people say, third party support was the problem, people these days will still buy/play retro consoles, if the wii u was getting great games then people would buy it.

the switch i can see being no different, yes we all know and can see nintendo are now bragging about high sales (yet heard fuck all when the wii u failed) but this isnt going to improve anything, its hardware is limiting what devs can do, teh cost of carts will limit what devs can do, so what support it will get will be cheap games to hope a high return on the install base.

and i look at a console for what potential it has for the investment you pay out for it, and i cant see it having much hope to bring anything new that devs start releasing when ms/sony release their next gen systems.

and fyi guys, hardware is not just about graphics, hardware is what allows devs to bring new gameplay ideas into their new games.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PS3 = 1080P
NS = 900P

And that only applies to games that actually do use use those display options. Though we do have to note that Switch is using Nvidia which technically they said the Tegra X1 exceeds ps3 and xbox 360. Is a matter of opinion, so is subjective. if you talking about facts and statistics, then there you go. :P
PS3 games most of the time are 720p

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not really, just a fantastic fun game that keeps me glued to the screen without the need of blood & violence to keep me happy but it does go to show how a powerful and very successful company like Nintendo can produce fantastic first party titles without the worry & need of third party support for there console/handhelds to sell like hot cakes!
The wii u says hello.

First party stuff isn't enough...

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can only see games that are blood and violence then you really should get out more.

as for the very successful company like nintendo - i guess you fail to see how it wasnt that successful with the N64, worse with the cube (which was actually a financial problem for the big N), wii they struck gold by releasing a cheap console and marketed it very well.

this here is where they stopped caring.

greed

nintendo thought how can they release another cheap system, hope for high sales and rake in the profits....... hmmm well mobile gaming and tablets are the now thing, lets release a console with a tablet controller.

the wii u failed (your logic failed)

the switch is the same thing again, cheap console but this time they copied off the morphus x300 and to try prevent failure, combined home console and portable console markets into one.

yes everyone is thinking this is something innovative (sorry its just copied off the x300) and yes it can sell like shit off a stick, but it can still fail to get the games nintendo promise.

as for fantastic first party, that again i guess is if your a fan or not, everyone loves mario and will love anything with mario in it, to me i cant stand mario games, would call it far from fantastic i ran around collecting coins and repeating then fighting bowser back on the nes/snes/n64/cube/wii/wiiu....

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
The wii u says hello.

First party stuff isn't enough...

if you can only see games that are blood and violence then you really should get out more.

as for the very successful company like nintendo - i guess you fail to see how it wasnt that successful with the N64, worse with the cube (which was actually a financial problem for the big N), wii they struck gold by releasing a cheap console and marketed it very well.

this here is where they stopped caring.

greed

nintendo thought how can they release another cheap system, hope for high sales and rake in the profits....... hmmm well mobile gaming and tablets are the now thing, lets release a console with a tablet controller.

the wii u failed (your logic failed)

the switch is the same thing again, cheap console but this time they copied off the morphus x300 and to try prevent failure, combined home console and portable console markets into one.

yes everyone is thinking this is something innovative (sorry its just copied off the x300) and yes it can sell like shit off a stick, but it can still fail to get the games nintendo promise.

as for fantastic first party, that again i guess is if your a fan or not, everyone loves mario and will love anything with mario in it, to me i cant stand mario games, would call it far from fantastic i ran around collecting coins and repeating then fighting bowser back on the nes/snes/n64/cube/wii/wiiu....

Hello WiiU :yayu:

Look at the end of the day there are way, way too many "brothers" losing there lives in the ghetto around my ends all in the name of "gang affiliation" just to protect there turf! We should all start laying down our Grand Theft Autos & Gears of Wars and pick up our Mario Karts out of respect :wink:

Last edited by Reecey,

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
Good comparison video

Better textures on switch but otherwise very similar to PS3 version.

This video is telling too.

PC orignal seems to have better textures, similar polygon counts comparible lighting AA etc.

But Switch has much nicer particle effects and water ? caustics?

Last edited by wolfmankurd,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello WiiU :yayu:

Look at the end of the day there are way, way too many "brothers" losing there lives in the ghetto around my ends all in the name of "gang affiliation" just to protect there turf! We should all start laying down our Grand Theft Autos & Gears of Wars and pick up our Mario Karts out of respect :wink:

yea because gta/gow is what drives people to kill.

so wouldnt mario kart inspire people to take mushrooms and fire at other drivers?

he he he he he

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good comparison video

Better textures on switch but otherwise very similar to PS3 version.

PS3 A NEARLY 12 YEAR OLD CONSOLE and the switch has very little difference, now do you pay £280 + the price of this game or pay £3 get the game pre owned for the system you already own?

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
yea because gta/gow is what drives people to kill.

so wouldnt mario kart inspire people to take mushrooms and fire at other drivers?

he he he he he
That might depend on what mushroom they took. I just hope they don't pull there blue shell out in a drive-by, that could be very lethal in the ghetto! :lol:

Last edited by Reecey,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question is truly unanswerable. The difficulties of programming for the PS3's Cell processor means, it's full potential was never utilized.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
but we also need to state that we are in the year 2017.

the ps3 was released in 2006.

anyone else see how pathetic it is really to compare a new console to one that was released nearly 12 years ago?
And we need to state that nowadays effects,engines and technologies are more complex than they were before so comparing them wouldn't be fair.
Though we already have the info/specs that the Switch is stronger than PS3, isn't that enough?

Reactions: PkPizza

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't expecting so many replies >_>.
Uh, keep up the good work? :unsure:
Uh oh, he tricked us, everyone, no more comments, he feeding off them. :ninja:
PS3 games most of the time are 720p
Yeah, that was a point i made earlier, DEPENDING ON THE GAME, it will just be which ever resolution it will be. Most games on ps3 was 720 and not 1080, First game on nintendo switch.... 900P? O_O

Yeah is gonna be like that, games not being 1080P

Why, i dunno. To me most of the games that was 720P was 60FPS, most games at 1080P was not always 60FPS. To me is just a idea that maybe lower resolution will effect performance some how. (Still i want a Xenoblade chronicles HD in 60FPS) :D

Reactions: petethepug

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And we need to state that nowadays effects,engines and technologies are more complex than they were before so comparing them wouldn't be fair.
Though we already have the info/specs that the Switch is stronger than PS3, isn't that enough?
but the ps3 is nearly 12 years old, how can that be anything really to brag about?

what about comparing the console to the last gen systems (PS4/XBX1) which released four years ago?

for a company that brags about innovation its released a system in the year 2017 that is inferior to consoles released in 2013 and its fans get excited because it has a game with better graphics when comparing to a console released in 2006.

hmmmmm

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
but the ps3 is nearly 12 years old, how can that be anything really to brag about?

what about comparing the console to the last gen systems (PS4/XBX1) which released four years ago?

for a company that brags about innovation its released a system in the year 2017 that is inferior to consoles released in 2013 and its fans get excited because it has a game with better graphics when comparing to a console released in 2006.

hmmmmm
The Switch has games that go from 720 to 1080p. Does it need more or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...