'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City' ported to the PS Vita

gta vice city vita port.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is not the only GTA port that the PS Vita is getting as modders Rinnegatamante and TheFlow have announced that they brought GTA: Vice City to Sony's handheld. Titled reVC-vita, this port is based on the newly-released reVR, the full reverse engineered reimplementation of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

In order to run Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on PS Vita or PS TV via reVC-vita, you will need to provide game files from your own copy of the game. Rinnegatamante posted a full installation guide and a link to download relevant files in the source link below. The guide also includes suggested settings for the best experience as well as known issues with this port.

:download: Download link and installation guide

Attachments

• vc ps vita 4.jpg
    vc ps vita 4.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 244
  • vc ps vita 3.jpg
    vc ps vita 3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 150
  • vc ps vita 2.jpg
    vc ps vita 2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 178
  • vc ps vita 1.jpg
    vc ps vita 1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 149

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Saturn wasn't that bad, the problem was that Sega didn't offer enough technical documentation to make programing to it easier.

The 32x was a pet project of Sega USA that was completely redundant, as Sonic 3d blast showed, Sega CD games could be perfectly be ported to the Saturn and kids already had a Sega CD.

Partnering with Microsoft was part of an old deal to port Sega games to Windows that basically went nowhere save for Sonic CD and the infamous Sonic 3 for PC.

Thing is, Sega wanted for some reason to expand to the PC market and back in the 90s that meant Windows.

Saying the deal with Microsoft ruined Sega is ridiculous since by the time the Xbox came out Sega already had huge economic problems.

The fight between Sega USA and SEGA Japan, the 32x and the head of Sega USA at the time only caring about sports games was the main reason the Saturn failed.

Is akso false rhe Saturn had no Sonic games.

It had Sonic Jam, the Sonic 3D Blast remake and Sonic R.

Thing is, the whole Sonic Extreme thing being canceled also helped to hurt the console.

Sonic the fighters was going to get ported to the Saturn but rushing the Dreamcast got that canned.

Looking back at it ;Sega did so many things wrong is amazing they didn't end disappearing.

You really need to differentiate Sega Japan from Sega USA more; I'm not going to say that Sega Japan didn't make ANY mistakes, but it's certainly true that all the critical errors were down to the North American division either flogging a dead horse or rushing products to market that were either bad ideas from the get-go or had a poor selection of rushed launch titles
Microsoft didn't ruin Sega, but the shadowy way that a US Sega exec undermined what was released for Dreamcast (the notoriously expensive Shenmue II, which is arguably what pushed Sega over the edge financially, not getting a US release) knowing his Xbox position was already in the bag... scummy af

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You really need to differentiate Sega Japan from Sega USA more; I'm not going to say that Sega Japan didn't make ANY mistakes, but it's certainly true that all the critical errors were down to the North American division either flogging a dead horse or rushing products to market that were either bad ideas from the get-go or had a poor selection of rushed launch titles
Microsoft didn't ruin Sega, but the shadowy way that a US Sega exec undermined what was released for Dreamcast (the notoriously expensive Shenmue II, which is arguably what pushed Sega over the edge financially, not getting a US release) knowing his Xbox position was already in the bag... scummy af

In 2001 Sega was already having huge financial problems, 9/11 and the dot com bubble crash did not help at all.

Basically Sony PS2 was outselling them in the false premise the hardware was more powerful but due to a design problem it really wasn't. And also riding on the popularity of the PS1 since it was backwards compatible if with a tendency to ruin CDs.

Edit: Basically people could sell their Playstation and keep the games because they worked on the PS2.

Last edited by raxadian,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 32x was a pet project of Sega USA that was completely redundant

Project Mars was Sega Japan's idea. It was originally going to be a brand new console you needed to buy, Sega USA asked for it to be an addon.

I'm not going to say that Sega Japan didn't make ANY mistakes

Sega Japan made all the mistakes, they resented Sega USA as they were jealous of how much money that USA were making.

Anything USA said bad about the Saturn made Japan double down on it. Their main objective seems to have been to get Japan making more money than USA, even if that meant reducing the amount they both made.

Last edited by smf,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Project Mars was Sega Japan's idea. It was originally going to be a brand new console you needed to buy, Sega USA asked for it to be an addon.

Then explain why it was mostly sold in the USA and nowhere else. Heck I didn't even knew the 32x was a thing and I knew of Sonic CD.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then explain why it was mostly sold in the USA and nowhere else. Heck I didn't even knew the 32x was a thing and I knew of Sonic CD.

Because Sega Japan was readying the Saturn but didn't want USA to have it at the same time, so they had to make do with 32x instead.

Saturn was not a very good design. Sega Japan turned down offers from Sony and SGI to partner with hardware design, they literally turned down the PS1 and N64 for that monstrosity.

Last edited by smf,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Saturn was not a very good design. Sega Japan turned down offers from Sony and SGI to partner with hardware design, they literally turned down the PS1 and N64 for that monstrosity

The problem is that Sega was behind the times, the Saturn was supposed to be a better Sega CD aka made for 2D gaming. Completely ignoring eveeyone ekse was doing 3D until a deal for the 3D card went bad and they added a second processor to compensate. Problem is, dual processors was something not many people knew to program for back then.

So not only the Sega Saturn launched after the PR disaster that was the 32x, it was inferior to the Playstation and to the Nintendo 64. Marketing for the console in the USA was also freaking terrible.

Could they have saved things? Maybe if the 32x was not launched, Sega USA was not focusing just in sports games and the two branches actually talked to each other.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that Sega was behind the times, the Saturn was supposed to be a better Sega CD aka made for 2D gaming. Completely ignoring eveeyone ekse was doing 3D until a deal for the 3D card went bad and they added a second processor to compensate. Problem is, dual processors was something not many people knew to program for back then.

First I've heard about a 3d deal going bad. Sega were hot for quad rendering and they had experience with sprite scaling, so I was under the impression they thought that it would be good enough to use distorted sprites (mega drive took it's inspiration from system 16, saturn took it's inspiration from system 32). They only said that Saturn was aimed at 2d and 3d was less important, because Sony were better at 3d and worse at 2d. I don't think they went in aiming to be worse at 3d than Sony.

The second cpu was because their main cpu was less powerful, but they made the mistake of putting it on a memory bus that only had bandwidth for one cpu. Only being able to run full speed when your code was running out of cache, and the cache was small, made it very difficult to get full speed out of it.

Having a 68000 for sound was just crazy, this is what you get from a company that came out of arcade hardware. It's because of a division of labor, the sound programmers and main programmers were kept separate from each other. But arcade hardware is so expensive you can pay the premium for that, home computers and consoles need to focus more on unit cost than employee disputes.

Sony made fewer mistakes with the PS1. The fixed GTE microcode was a disappointment, the Sega Saturn DSP was more flexible & at launch the libraries and games didn't take full advantage of the hardware. The performance analyzer card really helped Sony.

Last edited by smf,

Griffathan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have an issue with my ps vita port. The vehicle engines are all white, and certain vehicles look textured and have white steering wheels on certain vehicles. Plus my assault rifle is a giant Tommy gun for some reason but everything else looks fi e. Any ideas why they look like this? I downloaded it from from vpk on my vita

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

have an issue with my ps vita port. The vehicle engines are all white, and certain vehicles look untextured and have white steering wheels on certain vehicles. Plus my assault rifle is a giant Tommy gun for some reason but everything else looks fi e. Any ideas why they look like this? I downloaded it from from vpk on my vita

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo