GPD Win4 Handheld

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've watched a few very good videos on it, ETA Prime and Taki Udon I'm pretty sure put them out

It's a fantastic piece of kit and I was strongly interested in it, but the price put me off tbh when I already have a gaming laptop and a high spec mini pc

So I ordered a Steam Deck yesterday lol, I know, I know, half the specs etc... but there seems to be a really good community around it which kind of tipped me in it's direction

As for the GPD Win 4 it's an absolute beast, beautiful and an even more beautiful price to go along with it :D

Edit:- added some videos

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've watched a few very good videos on it, ETA Prime and Taki Udon I'm pretty sure put them out

It's a fantastic piece of kit and I was strongly interested in it, but the price put me off tbh when I already have a gaming laptop and a high spec mini pc

So I ordered a Steam Deck yesterday :o I know, I know, half the specs etc... but there seems to be a really good community around it which kind of tipped me in it's direction

As for the GPD Win 4 it's an absolute beast, beautiful and an even more beautiful price to go along with it :D
Yeah. I hear you, but I think I’d be willing to do some naughty stuff for one of these. Congrats on your purchase. Steam Deck is still a very cool piece of kit!

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah. I hear you, but I think I’d be willing to do some naughty stuff for one of these. Congrats on your purchase. Steam Deck is still a very cool piece of kit!

Video proof of 'naughty stuff' or it never happened :rofl2: If I were a bit younger I'd probably have a go at the naughty stuff myself but I'm too old and burned out for any more time haha

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I kind of liked my gpd xd+ and even the first gpd win. But even so.... It seems tough to compete with the steam deck. At least they're claiming compatibility with steamos. And this isn't the fanboy in me talking but one who is just frustrated with windows on a mobile platform.

The fold out keyboard looks cool, but anything smaller than a laptop model just isn't convenient. Below that, it's at best in the same range as an onscreen keyboard... So why not use that instead?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Neat piece of tech, but the market is saturated with these high-end insanely expensive Windows handhelds and I've grown jaded. Sure, it has all the bells and whistles but it costs like a million dollars. Just like all others.
The first GPD Win cost $330 and that was impressive bang per buck.
The Deck costs $400 and that is impressive bang per buck.
"$1200 PC runs (most) modern titles (reasonably well)" lacks a certain must-havitude.
I understand that both with performance and miniaturization you run into diminishing returns pretty fast, so this can't help but cost an arm and a leg. And obviously there are people who will pay top dollar for it. But that ain't me.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it's so tiny...
Its the perfect size for handheld gaming (in my silly opinion).
A question for you and anyone it applies to... If you bought a Nintendo Switch, how much do you take that nintendo switch with you to play randomly when traveling outside of your house to other areas?

Lets replace the nintendo switch for the steam deck...how much do you travel outside of your computer...I mean house area to play games with your steam deck?

Here's another question for anyone applicable, did you ever own a psp/psp vita, and/or a nintendo ds?
If so to the above, how much did you enjoy the portability, and would you like to see the same in future handhelds?
And also...how much did you take the smaller handhelds with you outside of your normal home area?

The reason I asked all of these questions is because anytime someone says a handheld is too small, then we should be asking: how small for the screen is too small? Also dont forget the bigger the screen the wider the controls will be... And if the screen is too big, not counting the rest of the device...how much do you want to deal with people asking questions on what the hell it is? lol~ 😅

Just thoughts. 😯

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Its the perfect size for handheld gaming (in my silly opinion).
A question for you and anyone it applies to... If you bought a Nintendo Switch, how much do you take that nintendo switch with you to play randomly when traveling outside of your house to other areas?

Lets replace the nintendo switch for the steam deck...how much do you travel outside of your computer...I mean house area to play games with your steam deck?

Here's another question for anyone applicable, did you ever own a psp/psp vita, and/or a nintendo ds?
If so to the above, how much did you enjoy the portability, and would you like to see the same in future handhelds?
And also...how much did you take the smaller handhelds with you outside of your normal home area?

The reason I asked all of these questions is because anytime someone says a handheld is too small, then we should be asking: how small for the screen is too small? Also dont forget the bigger the screen the wider the controls will be... And if the screen is too big, not counting the rest of the device...how much do you want to deal with people asking questions on what the hell it is? lol~ 😅

Just thoughts. 😯
I dont travel with my consoles since I drive. So I use them at home. I got gorilla hands so a PS vita is already small for me. So this will also be small for me. The Switch is a little small but not to bad. The Deck fits my gorilla hands perfect.

Reactions: eternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol