Hardware Got my 3DS back from Nintendo Repair

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Had an old LG enV that would click so damn loud. I decided to take it apart one day and see if I could fix it.

It permenantly broke. Wanna know the problem? The inside of the plastic around the hinge click-barrel cracked. When I took it apart a piece fell out, removing any resistance from the hinge (screen freely flopped open and close)

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gameandmatch said:
ok so it seems I am the only one who has mess up their 3DS yet, but I would check upon that because that seems irregular.
You're not the only one whose 3DS doesn't hhave problems... mines still awesomely awesome and in as a mint condition as i can maintain.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
Anyways, very old news, there wont be a lite version. And my screen is not scratched from the bottom screen, it just leaves little grease marks. Someone needs to take better care of the system, maybe a little less pressure?

I'm going with this. I keep mine in a case almost any time it's not charging or being used. All I ever see on it is dust and grease. Learn to take a bit better care of your things, people.

And for those waiting for a 3DS lite, you're idiots. There won't be one. The 3DS is as compact as you can get it. The only thing there's a SLIGHT chance, very slight, is a 3DS XL.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why send back over this? either take it to the store or keep it is what I would do... I'd be a LOT more concerned over dead pixels.

D

Deleted-273695

haddad said:
Masterpaul said:
It was made wobbly on purpose, to limit strain on the hinge. Some minimal wobbliness is normal but nothing over the top though.
DS lite cracked because it cause to much strain on the hinge.

That is what Nintendo told me when I called them. My DS Lite is actually perfect with no wobble at all, 100% secure
Same here.
4 Years running and still perfecto hinge
biggrin.gif

Also DS PHAT like 6 or 7 years running perfect
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

DDJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ihackedit said:
haddad said:
Masterpaul said:
It was made wobbly on purpose, to limit strain on the hinge. Some minimal wobbliness is normal but nothing over the top though.
DS lite cracked because it cause to much strain on the hinge.

That is what Nintendo told me when I called them. My DS Lite is actually perfect with no wobble at all, 100% secure
Same here.
4 Years running and still perfecto hinge
biggrin.gif

Also DS PHAT like 6 or 7 years running perfect
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

I wonder what some people make with their DS/3DS... I just open it and play, when I'm done I close it. And my consoles are always perfect and in a brand new condition even after years. I think it's not Nintendo's fault if you treat your hardware not nicely...

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mabilouz said:
My DSi XL has no wobble at all.

Funny, because every single XL I've either owned or played has had quite noticeable wobble which I'm quite sure is by design. I believe there are actually very few that do NOT wobble.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
And for those waiting for a 3DS lite, you're idiots. There won't be one. The 3DS is as compact as you can get it. The only thing there's a SLIGHT chance, very slight, is a 3DS XL.

I agree. It would be quite difficult to compact it, plus it wouldn't make much sense when even bigger NGP is coming.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
The only thing there's a SLIGHT chance, very slight, is a 3DS XL.
Actually, that will not happen. If they were to try to make that happen then you would need to hold the screen even further from your face, or they would have to increase the resolution, and neither will happen. A 3DS slim is already being designed, but they can not ever make an XL version and have it still give the same 3D effect.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
haddad said:
I called them, and they said I was replaced with a BRAND NEW 3ds system. And it is suppose to snap in place with a slight wobble. Is that regular?

i'm curious. did this "new" system still have your personal information, wifi points, and stuff?

-another world

Yes, all info/mii's/stats/stuff/wifi was all transferred

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
haddad said:
Another World said:
haddad said:
I called them, and they said I was replaced with a BRAND NEW 3ds system. And it is suppose to snap in place with a slight wobble. Is that regular?

i'm curious. did this "new" system still have your personal information, wifi points, and stuff?

-another world

Yes, all info/mii's/stats/stuff/wifi was all transferred
Most Interesting.
Most.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masterpaul said:
Impossibly un-likely:
:: it becomes an mobile

They can definitely improve it, the question however is when?
What up with you trying to make it a phone?
laugh.gif

omgpwn666 said:
Anyways, very old news, there wont be a lite version. And my screen is not scratched from the bottom screen, it just leaves little grease marks. Someone needs to take better care of the system, maybe a little less pressure?
When you say grease marks you mean fingerprints right and not meaning you are not eating with you 3DS at hand?
laugh.gif

DeadlyFoez said:
QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ May 4 2011, 02:28 AM)
The only thing there's a SLIGHT chance, very slight, is a 3DS XL.
Actually, that will not happen. If they were to try to make that happen then you would need to hold the screen even further from your face, or they would have to increase the resolution, and neither will happen. A 3DS slim is already being designed, but they can not ever make an XL version and have it still give the same 3D effect.
And you think in the future they wouldn't improve screens to be different sizes yet same distance?

What some people want? A 3DS Micro?
laugh.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
amptor said:
why send back over this? either take it to the store or keep it is what I would do... I'd be a LOT more concerned over dead pixels.
This.

Sending your system back over this is being too whiney.
It's not like it ruins the system, and they get wobbly over time anyway. Are you going to send it back each time?

D

Deleted User

Idea numero dos. Nintendo should spend more than 4 seconds designing the 3DS

D

Deleted User

KingVamp said:
tigris said:
Idea numero dos. Nintendo should spend more than 4 seconds designing the 3DS
Are you being serious?

Link
Wait, rephrase that then so it talks about the people that tried to get Nintendo to release it early
/what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1