Hacking got a question about two ps4's dont know which to mod

GotchaMika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi my current ps4 is on version 5.05 so i guess im kinda lucky that i didnt update
its an old ps4 the standard one i ordered myself a slim console checking the firmware its on 3.55
should i keep my slim for my online play? and wait for a a release for the 5.05 for my normal ps4?
just some questions :)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi my current ps4 is on version 5.05 so i guess im kinda lucky that i didnt update
its an old ps4 the standard one i ordered myself a slim console checking the firmware its on 3.55
should i keep my slim for my online play? and wait for a a release for the 5.05 for my normal ps4?

Hack the hackable, and keep the other one on 5.05 until its also hacked.

Reactions: Lumince

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What slim did you buy that had 3.55 on it? Im looking into getting one to replace my old old ps4 that has disc eject issues.... I was going to look for a ps4 pro on 4.55 but someone told me that they cant get the debug menu and such..

And if the ps4 pro thing isnt an option, should I go for a slim or a regular ps4 model? lol

About your question, I would just hack the slim tbh, no sense in waiting for 5.05 to be hacked when you can do it right now on the 3.55 one. And im pretty sure you can use a proxy to bypass updates unless sony patched that again...

Last edited by Lumince,
Reactions: KiiWii

GotchaMika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What slim did you buy that had 3.55 on it? Im looking into getting one to replace my old old ps4 that has disc eject issues.... I was going to look for a ps4 pro on 4.55 but someone told me that they cant get the debug menu and such..

And if the ps4 pro thing isnt an option, should I go for a slim or a regular ps4 model? lol

About your question, I would just hack the slim tbh, no sense in waiting for 5.05 to be hacked when you can do it right now on the 3.55 one. And im pretty sure you can use a proxy to bypass updates unless sony patched that again...
it was the uncharted 4 bundle 500gb

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure why you want to update a hackable one for online play, while keeping a not-yet hackable for the hack.
well the reason i said this was because the next kexploit will probably be for 5.05...

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was the uncharted 4 bundle 500gb

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well the reason i said this was because the next kexploit will probably be for 5.05...
Yeah, but if you reeeaaaly wanna play online. Why not just update the 5.05 og ps4 to the latest, and update the slim to 4.55 for hacks....then when 5.05 kex comes out, update the slim to it. That way you have hacks now and later.

Reactions: GotchaMika

GotchaMika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but if you reeeaaaly wanna play online. Why not just update the 5.05 og ps4 to the latest, and update the slim to 4.55 for hacks....then when 5.05 kex comes out, update the slim to it. That way you have hacks now and later.
thats what i was thinking

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Final fantasy 15 limited edition slim at Gamestop, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It also came on 3.55. Ironically final fantasy 15 needs 4.0.0 to be played. Lol
How does a bundle come with a fw and a game that requires a higher firmware?
That's like buying a new car and saying you can't drive it because you have to update the motor or something.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does a bundle come with a fw and a game that requires a higher firmware?
That's like buying a new car and saying you can't drive it because you have to update the motor or something.
Kinda like how all Xbox one's must connect and update upon first power on. But no, it's disc has a 4.0 PUP included on it, and updates the console. Most disc games do this. It also allows them to use surplus motherboards produced before needed firmwares to be used.

Reactions: jbuck1975

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1