Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I just got a PSP.
It's the black one, got a TA, and the custom firmware (Dark Alex)

I've got some ISOs on the 2gig I got...

1)I've put a movie UMD in, but I still cannot boot a single ISO (cept the SNES emulator)

2)How can I get rid of dead pixels on my screen, they're really annoying.

3) What are some of the best homebrew applications and things I should get.

Thanks yo.

muhamad520

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry didnt read the top. Try going to recovery mode and make sure that no umd is turned off but you need a game umd not movie. Make sure the games are in the iso folder.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, you need to learn how to get into the recovery mode (hold R when starting). This will give you the option to select which UMD emulation mode you want. You also need to understand the folder structure i.e. GAME, GAME150, GAME352 (stick new firmware number there), ISO, VIDEO, MP_ROOT. This is important because certain homebrews will only run under certain kernels and games need to be in the appropriate folders also certain movie types will need to go to the appropriate folders as well.

For ISO emulation, you need a UMD game for some of the UMD emulation modes. The newest CFW has perfect game emulation so you don't need a UMD at all. For dead pixels, you can download a video file that flashes colors to try to unstick them if they are stuck. If they are dead, you're out of luck. You'll just have to replace the LCD screen. It might not even be a dead pixel, it could just be a scratch or blemish on the faceplate screen (the actual LCD is protect under the faceplate).

TheDrizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you put your isos in the iso directory in the root? Go to game, memory stick, start your iso?

dead pixels are most of the time, dead. There is a pixel program that will attempt to fix it if it is stuck. If the pixel is dead...then its dead. Stuck is fixable.

Homebrew? There are options..you just need to ask what you want to do with it.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The above guys have answered most of your questions, in terms of running ISOs without a game UMD, go into the recovery mode and switch on the NOUMD mode.

You won't be able to run all ISOs under Dark Alex's custom firmware with NOUMD mode, but the newer custome firmwares can run just about everything under NOUMD.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they are dead pixels, they cannot be removed. Stuck pixels (solid color - red/blue/etc) can be removed, sometimes by massaging the screen, or by flashing the screen really fast with bright colors (generally does not work)!

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I just got a PSP.
It's the black one, got a TA, and the custom firmware (Dark Alex)

I've got some ISOs on the 2gig I got...

1)I've put a movie UMD in, but I still cannot boot a single ISO (cept the SNES emulator)

2)How can I get rid of dead pixels on my screen, they're really annoying.

3) What are some of the best homebrew applications and things I should get.

Thanks yo.

The UMDs can be ANYTYPE ( Demo, Games, etc ) EXCEPT Movies dumbass, Pretty much everyone who is smart enough to flash their PSP knows that. Or will know that now >;|

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yo dudes, just got a PSP and planning to install 3.71 M33-2. I had never heard before that you may need a UMD in the drive to get anything to work. Is this still the case with 3.71 M33-2? If so, I will go pick up a used game while I'm out today.

I also have a pixel issue, check this out:

I was just using my brand new PSP last night in the dark and noticed that on a black screen there is this tiny pinpoint of white light. It's smaller than a pixel, and is invisible on a non-black background. I plan to get an exchange but I was just wondering if anyone had seen something like this before. I would have expected it to be more obvious and a full pixel, but it is nearly invisible and definitely seems smaller than a pixel. If I thought it was possible, it looks like someone took a pin and made a hole in the lcd screen so that the backlight shines through. I don't think this is possible though, but that is what it looks like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up