Homebrew got a nds for the kids for xmas and an r4 card, how do i make it work ?

Marco_Buns

Barely in Europe
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I am getting a R4 soon, i have learned some of it and my knowledge you must have a micro sd card (of course)and a micro sd card adapter. Then you must download the firmware (i can't send any downloadable link). I have heard that R4 firmware doesn't look good like most other firmware's out there, so i would look for firmware which looks better then R4. When you found the firmware were you have been looking for, download it and extract the .nds into the micro sd card with the adapter. If you boot up the card in the 2DS i think it would boot up the firmware that you downloaded. You can find NDS roms just anywhere on the internet. That's everything that i know. Also if you have trouble looking for firmware's then you are always welcomed to ask anything here. I hope that i helped you. Have a nice day :)

Last edited by Marco_Buns,

dennnny29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks marco.

ive got the basic idea. iv got all the gear, but the problem seems to be the firmware. iv had a nose about and there seems to be lots of it !

what im really hoping is someone can say this is the firmware you need for my ds / r4 card combination.

cheers

Marco_Buns

Barely in Europe
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
And yeah i forgot to tell what kind of firmware you need. If your flashcard is R4 then i recommend going to the main site (could see that on the flashcard) and download the firmware there. But if you boot up and doesn't work then you must download a upgrade on the same site and extract it to the Micro SD. Still doesn't work then i think i can't help you with that :/. But if it would work then i hope your kids would have a wonderful time playing full of NDS games :)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys.

guess you get asked this a lot !

im looking for an idiots guide on how to make the r4 work.

iv got one of these -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Handheld-Console-2DS-Black/dp/B00E4LGJ3I

and one of these

http://www.r4igold3ds.co.uk/r4i-gold-3ds-rts-for-n3dsn3ds-xln2dsndsindsi-xl-p-27.html

help !!

thanks in advance guys.
go to the website listed on the r4 packaging it will have fw dl links if it can use the wood fw then the website will be proud enough to tell you outright
but on those kind of card its as simple as drag and drop

Marco_Buns

Barely in Europe
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I was reading the description of the product and i think it said that it would come with a wood firmware. I can't say if it said it can run it or already pre-installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...