• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

GOP proves they don't actually care about states rights [against interstate travel for abortion]

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
By that logic, life would begin when the heart begins to beat, or when the central nervous system can feel pain, or when the fetus reacts to outside stimuli. Not only do you lack wisdom, you are anti-science.
1. The start and end are fundamentally different. The start doesn't inherently start with consciousness immediately, but it starts with a body.
2. Women have and should continue to have an abortion at their discretion and within a reasonable time frame. Heartbeat bills are not a reasonable time frame.
3. Your also a guy, talk to women for once and get what they think about. Since it's not your place to make a decision, it's theirs.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The start and end are fundamentally different. The start doesn't inherently start with consciousness immediately, but it starts with a body.
Do doctors say this? It sounds kind of religion-y.
2. Women have and should continue to have an abortion at their discretion and within a reasonable time frame. Heartbeat bills are not a reasonable time frame.
Everybody has the right to life. Without it, every other right, including ones that you've made up, become irrelevant. Every trans person deserves to be born, unless you are a transphobe.
3. Your also a guy, talk to women for once and get what they think about. Since it's not your place to make a decision, it's theirs.
Every woman I know is pro-life. My first child was born when I was 16 and my gf was 17. I've always been prolife, even when it was hard.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP

For the most part they can also make the decision to not become pregnant in the first place.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Do doctors say this? It sounds kind of religion-y.
You know, there's fields that aren't just doctors in the generic colloquial sense. We call them Psychologists. There's also another important field to look at. It's called Philosophy.

But please, go on and continue to project, I'm all here for it now.
Post automatically merged:

For the most part they can also make the decision to not become pregnant in the first place.
Ah yes in the world where you want to ban contraceptives yes?
Also abstinence education works so greaaat!. No it definitely, doesn't increase the odds of unsafe sex or childbirth versus schools who got actual sex education!

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, there's fields that aren't just doctors in the generic colloquial sense. We call them Psychologists. There's also another important field to look at. It's called Philosophy.

But please, go on and continue to project, I'm all here for it now
Figures you'd have to use the soft sciences to state your position.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

It absolutely should be an option. Reproductive rights includes contraceptives, or (obviously) abstinence.

We all know anti-abortion advocates don't want to prevent pregnancy, they're trying to pump out babies to join the far-right cult.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes in the world where you want to ban contraceptives yes?
Who wants to ban contraceptives? I'd like women to be able to get them over the counter. Walmart sells birth control pills for around $8 a month, but with a prescription. That should change and it would be so incredibly easy. Trump even advocated for it. The left say they support easier access to contraceptives, but when it comes time to act, they block it.

https://www.vox.com/2016/9/15/12930976/trump-birth-control

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Everybody has the right to life. Without it, every other right, including ones that you've made up, become irrelevant. Every trans person deserves to be born, unless you are a transphobe.
A fetus, is not born yet. Do I have to explain that part? A fetus, fundamentally is not = to a child. Nor is it equal to an adult.

Play a thought experiment.
You have a choice between saving, a child, a adult, and a fetus.
You can only select two out of the three. The one not selected, dies.

What would you choose?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It absolutely should be an option. Reproductive rights includes contraceptives, or (obviously) abstinence.

We all know anti-abortion advocates don't want to prevent pregnancy, they're trying to pump out babies to join the far-right cult.
Awww shucks, you figured out our dastardly plan.

A fetus, is not born yet. Do I have to explain that part? A fetus, fundamentally is not = to a child. Nor is it equal to an adult.

What would you choose?
What is the physical difference between a 8.5 month old fetus and a 1 day old baby. Please detail brain, nervous system and circulatory system development.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And math is a made up concept that has practical uses. It creates scenarios and situations that aren't possible, but can be applied in real world situations to solve problems.
Math is a way to describe the physical universe, which is what I'm trying to get you to describe now, but you are too scared to do it because of what you are going to have to admit to everyone here.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What would you choose?
To be honest, I'd go with whichever one I can get to first, given such a situation means there's a time limit of seconds. But that probably doesn't follow your intention behind the question, so...

The child and the fetus. They both have the most potential life still to live.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Math is a way to describe the physical universe
Math is a soft science, and it's rules are not limited by the physical universe. Even the most abstract and crazy discoveries made with it, have been used in real world problems.

You're rying to doge the answer since the answer is not congruent with your rhetoric. And it makes you look terrible. So you had to create your own disingenuous question to dodge mine. that's the only sane explanation for why you wanted to push your own question to avoid answering mine.

You have a choice between saving, a child, a (young) adult, and a fetus.

You'd save the child and adult. Not the fetus. Because we value the child and adult for reasons beyond just physical capability at a subconscious level.
We value them for their memories, their person and well being.

Their lives are in the middle or just begun.

A fetus, is on the hard cover of the book, with empty unwritten pages. It has not started life just yet.

What is the physical difference between a 8.5 month old fetus and a 1 day old baby.
So to answer your disingenuous argument.

Or rather,to point out the fact it misconstrues abortions. Abortions happen at 12 weeks roughly, and often before then. 8.5 months, as you wanted tell me about fake, or unreal scenario's, this would be one of them.

The child and the fetus. They both have the most potential life still to live.
Fair, I forgot to mention young adult in my question to narrow it down. I see your thinking it as a elderly person or someone closer to the end, that's a reasonable interpretation.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your thought experiment is not real. It is a made up scenario that doesn't require an answer. However, telling everybody the difference between an 8.5 month fetus and a 1 day old baby is the key to this whole argument.
Copping out again just like you did for debunking the sources.

That's all you've accomplished here. Not being able to support your claims with any data.

This debate is still going?!
It's not really a debate at this point. It's a few guys posting unsubstantiated generalizations and a lot of "I think" or 'I feel"

And then the rest is an educated crowd posting verified data actually backing up their claims, or disproving the claims of the few others.

Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Math is a soft science, and it's rules are not limited by the physical universe. Even the most abstract and crazy discoveries made with it, have been used in real world problems.
Math is a soft science? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Math is the basis of all of the hard sciences like chemistry and physics.
You're rying to doge the answer since the answer is not congruent with your rhetoric. And it makes you look terrible. So you had to create your own disingenuous question to dodge mine. that's the only sane explanation for why you wanted to push your own question to avoid answering mine.
You'd save the child and adult. Not the fetus. Because we value the child and adult for reasons beyond just physical capability at a subconscious level.
Since one of them is a fetus, that means the adult has to be a pregnant woman. Therefore, I can save the adult and the child and the fetus all at once.
So to answer your disingenuous argument.

Or rather,to point out the fact it misconstrues abortions. Abortions happen at 12 weeks roughly, and often before then. 8.5 months, as you wanted tell me about fake, or unreal scenario's, this would be one of them.
Then why do Dems keep pushing and passing laws to legalize abortion up until the moment of birth?

https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/04/colorado-governor-signs-bill-legalizing-abortion-birth/

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb22-1279

Copping out again just like you did for debunking the sources.

That's all you've accomplished here. Not being able to support your claims with any data.
I answered his stupid question, yet he still did not answer mine.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes ,abortions need to be legal up until birth because complications can arise even a couple weeks before a planned due date.

Another way to describe that is inducing a miscarriage.

Bears repeating that in my state we can no longer do this thanks to you, and people like you.

Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesz abortions need to be legal up until birth because complications can arise even a couple weeks before a planned due date.

Another way to describe that is inducing a miscarriage.

Bears repeating that in my state we can no longer do this thanks to you, and people like you.
Except not a single abortion law passed allowing abortions up until birth limit it to just medical complications.

Your reasoning is a lie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740