Google: UNRELEASED Wii-u Game? Silver Falls: Ghoul Busters

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't you post something interesting about it then rather than demand we google some shit?

Where exactly are you going with this?? I'm sure there were plenty of unreleased games for the wii u... What's your point caller?

Reactions: ack

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't you post something interesting about it then rather than demand we google some shit?

Where exactly are you going with this?? I'm sure there were plenty of unreleased games for the wii u... What's your point caller?
Link posting gets you banned on this site.

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess the point is that the game is actually flying around the net as an installable WUP package.

//EDIT: The filename is UNRELEASED Wiiu game SilverFallsGhoulBusters.zip but I didn't download and confirm it's really the game.
It seems to be the case it was found (presumably) URL surfing a server.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Link posting gets you banned on this site.
Discussion doesn't and if its a leaked game you could have at least mentioned that part but by the sounds of it I'm gonna say its a fake AND a virus and stay well clear! DL it and prove me wrong!

Thanks for the clarification @V10lator .

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it was found (presumably) URL surfing a server.
Do you have more informations about what server this was? Or at least from what company? Cause I just extracted the title ID from the tmd file and URL surfed that on the NUS but it isn't there:
Code:
$ wget http://ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/000500001021dd00/tmd
--2024-01-28 10:32:04--  http://ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/000500001021dd00/tmd
Resolving ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net... 92.123.133.201, 92.123.133.203
Connecting to ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net|92.123.133.201|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2024-01-28 10:32:04 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Also Nintendos signature is missing inside of the tmd file, so this looks more like something done with NUSPacker than with the Nintendo SDK / approved by Nintendo. Is this even installable without a CFW / sigpatches?

I'm gonna say its a fake
If a fake it's a good one as the title and group IDs match perfectly with other Silver falls games, for example. Why care about all these little details most people won't even see just for a simple fake?
Still I wouldn't install it before confirmation as, well, the title.tmd file looks like done by a Wii U homebrew dev, not by Nintendo. Not saying it's impossible that the developer of the game used NUSPacker and leaked it for himself as it was too late to release on Wii U while at the same time the whole port was done already but sounds a bit unlikely.

Reactions: HandsomeJack

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have more informations about what server this was? Or at least from what company? Cause I just extracted the title ID from the tmd file and URL surfed that on the NUS but it isn't there:
Code:
$ wget http://ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/000500001021dd00/tmd
--2024-01-28 10:32:04--  http://ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/000500001021dd00/tmd
Resolving ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net... 92.123.133.201, 92.123.133.203
Connecting to ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net|92.123.133.201|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2024-01-28 10:32:04 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Also Nintendos signature is missing inside of the tmd file, so this looks more like something done with NUSPacker than with the Nintendo SDK / approved by Nintendo. Is this even installable without a CFW / sigpatches?

If a fake it's a good one as the title and group IDs match perfectly with other Silver falls games, for example. Why care about all these little details most people won't even see just for a simple fake?
Still I wouldn't install it before confirmation as, well, the title.tmd file looks like done by a Wii U homebrew dev, not by Nintendo. Not saying it's impossible that the developer of the game used NUSPacker and leaked it for himself as it was too late to release on Wii U while at the same time the whole port was done already but sounds a bit unlikely.
OK, so a late DEV build which someone packaged, presumably someone who had access to it at their workplace, left the job and wanted to dump it on Internet Archive?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK, so a late DEV build which someone packaged
I really don't know but I just googled sungrand studios and it seems to be a one man company, so just a single developer, and that dude posted this yesterday on YouTube under the name of his company:
Have you been going through a tough time lately and haven't been able to pick up new games? DM me and I'll give you a free copy of my new Nintendo Switch game, Silver Falls - Guardians and Metal Exterminators S. Please share so more people can see this message.
So it seems he cares more about people playing his games than about money...

//EDIT:

//EDIT²: This guy even develops homebrew games for Nintendo DS and other old consoles:

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: