Gaming Goodboy Galaxy - new GBA game, Kickstarter launched

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-exploration-platform-game-gba-pc-and-switch/

Goodboy Galaxy is a brand-new exploration-focused adventure platform game in development for the 20-years-old Game Boy Advance. It's kind of like Cave Story, or a cuter Metroid. It’ll be released on real cartridges as well as digitally for GBA and modern platforms.

We’re also hoping to raise enough to fund an enhanced version for PC and Switch that will take advantage of stronger hardware capabilities (modern aspect ratio, remastered audio, couch co-op and other extras).

There's a link to a demo version to check out. The game is looking great, and the Kickstarter is almost fully pledged already since it launched this morning!

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks great!
I've grabbed the GBA and 3DS demo versions to give it a try - if it's as much fun as it looks I'll def be backing it for a physical GBA cart :)

edit
Saw that there's less than half of the 200 physical carts left on that particular pledge tier, so I've backed it at that level to secure my copy without trying the demo first ...I'd be heartbroken if I loved the demo but couldn't back it for the physical release ;)

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They stormed through all the original Kickstarter stretch goals (more to come, apparently) on the first day, so there will be enhanced Switch/PC ports, physical Switch release as well as the physical GBA release, and co-op multiplayer in the enhanced ports.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Full GBA game released digitally yesterday - oh and an Evercade physical release too! Physical GBA release soon, enhanced PC and Switch ports coming next year.

If you want to play the full game, it's still worth playing the demo first as it's Chapter 0/the prologue. Tho if you don't want to, there's a comic in the full game manual that recaps the prologue story.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full GBA game released digitally yesterday - oh and an Evercade physical release too! Physical GBA release soon, enhanced PC and Switch ports coming next year.

If you want to play the full game, it's still worth playing the demo first as it's Chapter 0/the prologue. Tho if you don't want to, there's a comic in the full game manual that recaps the prologue story.
Howdy y'all

My name is Adrian Comeau, a few folks in the handheld/gaming community know me for writing Huntdown, as well as Forgotten Memories!

I just wanted to pop in here and say hi! I also did a tiny bit of writing for Goodboy Galaxy (a very very tiny bit) as well. Specifically for a special bit of content in the game related to Huntdown.

I can tell y'all right now, Goodboy Galaxy is a game you do not want to sleep on. Thats why we (Easy Trigger Games) reached out to them for this little bit of crossover content, because we knew this game was shaping up to be something truly special. And now that it is out, I can say with confidence that is IS something truly special.

Huntdown fans who know where to look might find a few familiar faces when they play through this rad GBA game!

HuntdownXGoodboyTeaser.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton