Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Opium said:
That said, this is by no ways confirmed. The Nintendo rep could've just been saying 'look out for more info at E3....where we'll also be discussing the 3DS'.
QFT, the message doesn't necessarily mean GS3 will be for the 3DS, the guy could just as well be saying 'if you come to the E3 to get more info on GS3, you can also try out our newest gadget, the 3DS!'.

I'd like it if it was true though, Golden Sun had an incredible impact on the GBA, and by now there's already been tons of good/great games for the DS, so it wouldn't look as amazing as it is if they release it on the DS.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd like to play it on either console, but since I had gotten the DS recently, I doubt I would get enough money to buy this console any time soon. But I don't think it will be a 3DS exclusive, not only because the email does not imply it, but moreover because people can actually PRE-ORDER it already on sites like Amazon! And now, think, would it be logical if these sites like trustyworthy Amazon would offer something where it's not even sure if it will come out on the DS or not? It wouldn't be fair if customers bought a DS game and instead got a 3DS game, they would get so much sued for it.

So maybe it'll come out either on both the DS and 3DS or only on the DS.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still see no proof this came from a Nintendo rep AT ALL. From what i've read, they claim to have emailed Nintendo. Firstly, GSDS is not something they'd just announce to be for a new system in some random email like that. Secondly, i see no proof the email exists. Emails are easy as pie to forge, i can do it myself easily if i wanted to. That's probably what they were doing. And this kind of thing happens all the time. They just wanted some internet fame likely. Honestly, after the trouble they went through to announce Golden Sun DS last year FOR DS, make a demo, and even make it a primary game for the DS (it pretty much lead the entire conference last year), i doubt they'd just idly cancel it like that and release it for 3DS instead.

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Comrade Cough said:
Haha, I was about to buy an Acekard2i, and then they announce the 3DS, and I think "Hmm, maybe I'll just save this money for a flascard for the 3DS." Then when the rumors of Golden Sun 3 being on the 3DS began it became a sticky note on the side of my monitor reading: "WAIT TILL 3DS/GOLDEN SUN DS COMES OUT, THEN BUY APPROPRIATE CARD."
Basically, this game will decide where my money goes. I'm thinking I might just pick the actual cart up too, since you never know what these games are going to be worth in 5-10 years.
lol, assuming there will be a flashcart for the 3DS.
lolitrollu

You're kidding right? You know, there hasn't been a single video game system that piracy was not an available option for playing its games? Of course there will be some way to play pirated games on the 3ds, either it being a flashcard, or flashing the consoles firmware (Like a PSP.) or some other means. It might not happen when the console hits, but eventually it will happen.

I commend you on your trollish behavior, but next time, when trying to make a logical fallacy, you need to have some sort of logic involved. /trollface

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
got a reliable source telling me it will be for the DS/DSi: dutch nintendo site has it listed as coming soon for the regular DS.
nintendo.nl said:
Golden Sun DS [insert image of DSlite here]

Categorie:
RPG, Avontuur

Leeftijds- classificatie:
nader te bepalen

Uitgever:
Nintendo

Ontwikkelaar:
Camelot Software Planning

Releasedatum:
translationGolden Sun DS [insert image of DSlite here]

Category:
RPG, Adventure

Age-classification:
To be determined

Publisher:
Nintendo

Developer:
Camelot Software Planning

Release-date:

the fact that it's listed as 2010 EU release pretty much confirms it will be DS/DSi.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole 3D thing nowadays just feels like a gimmick to be honest. It in no way enhances my visual pleasure. I get the HD thing, that was a pretty big leap in the entertainment industry. 3D sounds absurd and completely pointless.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Email looks spoofed to me.... Why block out the reply-to address? It should be the same as sender. Also, people should realize that there was already a demo of it last e3 for the ds.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kafke said:
Email looks spoofed to me.... Why block out the reply-to address? It should be the same as sender. Also, people should realize that there was already a demo of it last e3 for the ds.

Probably made a mistake by blocking out the "reply-to" address.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hah, if it makes any of you feel better.

I have just seen on 2 seperate websites where you can preorder golden sun. Release dates noted as 30th April 2010, or 28th May 2010.

To be honest, I think it will be out really soon regardless of these dates.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kicknhorse said:
Hah, if it makes any of you feel better.

I have just seen on 2 seperate websites where you can preorder golden sun. Release dates noted as 30th April 2010, or 28th May 2010.

To be honest, I think it will be out really soon regardless of these dates.
I cannot see it coming out in the next 6 months or so. I reckon it wont be until late the year/early next year until we actually get the game.
One feature i would absolutely love would be to have the original games compiled in the game so that it could solve any issue if they want to implement the save/clear data from the lost age. I am 99% sure it wont happen but a guy can dream.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up