Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opium said:
Golden Sun creator Hiroyuki Takahashi talked to Joystiq in an interview recently and he mentioned the Solar Soothsayer Golden Sun fake I created back in 2007! Really cool.

QUOTE said:
Camelot may not have needed to worry so much about fans coming back. In 2007, in the absence of a DS Golden Sun, one fan went so far as to invent one. A fan going by the name "Opium" circulated a hoax about an upcoming game called Golden Sun: Solar Soothsayer, and later revealed to Vooks that he did so to generate more discussion about the series. Unfortunately, "Opium" can't take credit for the decision to create Dark Dawn, as Takahashi hadn't seen the Solar Soothsayer hoax until we pointed it out.

"'The Solar Soothsayer' sounds really cool," Takahashi opined. "I wonder how the story would go ... I want to see how it would turn out!" As an admitted fan of his own series, Takahashi mused about what it would be like to play a Golden Sun game without foreknowledge of every aspect. "I really love the gameplay and storyline of the Golden Sun series, so it's natural for us as developers and fans to be curious about how it would feel to play a game in the series without having spent years making it." Nintendo assistant producer Sato Yuya hadn't seen it before either, but said "We now understand that the fan who created this hoax image had a very strong desire for the sequel!"

Please, sir, sign my Death Note. Then I'll have the pleasure of saying it's the last autograph you ever signed.

ph34r.gif

Seriously, though... That's epic. You sir, will become a legend.

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EVERYTHING!
Ive been longing for this game ever since i finished the second game! Argh the tension in the last 7 years almost killed me and now it is very soon here! I am in heaven!

Quaxelbaby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry, getting a couple of white screens is better than it being some kind of evil, DS-bricking file. Clearly the guy who uploaded that video and the "rom" is just an idiot.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Found a second DL which is way suspect. It's 95.7MB and inside the RAR file is "venom.txt" Changing the extension of the txt to rar or zip asks for a password on extraction and reveals it's an iso for fable lost chapters (or at least that's what the filename is)

D

Deleted User

Supposedly a fake dump of the US version of the game. Right now it's just a bunch of hoaxes.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To whom it may concern in Canada who needs to beat the game before uploading

I have beaten the (jpn) game twice and am playing now for the third. I will be glad to help you out.

I thought that Canada allows you to up load a game that you own and allows down loads of games that you own so there should be no problem posting the link.

btw, I (and many others here) do own the NA version as I paid Play-Asia for it months ago.

So ask for help beating the game or up load already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol