7 days to go?
yaynds.gif

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
The problems that Fanboys don't understand, 7.5 is a GOOD score.

In my eyes, any thing rated above a 7 means its good, just not perfect, and has some problems.

When somebody reviews a game its their OPINION, just because you love the game doesn't mean everyone else does, and vice versa.

So for anyone trying to talk on IGN's review score, you need to shut the fuck up until I see you do a proper review about the American version of the game.
You need to shut the fuck up. Period.

I am no Golden Sun fanboy btw. I will probably only poke at it like I do every other JRPG.

Just despise how you sit on your fake high horse and try and speak down to others with your "omg stfu fanboy". Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Yes, you are too. Just stop being such a little bitch about it.

Carry on.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dan80315 said:
brandonspikes said:

In my eyes, any thing rated above a 7 means its good, just not perfect, and has some problems.

When somebody reviews a game its their OPINION, just because you love the game doesn't mean everyone else does, and vice versa.

So for anyone trying to talk on IGN's review score, you need to shut the fuck up until I see you do a proper review about the American version of the game.

I am no Golden Sun fanboy btw. I will probably only poke at it like I do every other JRPG.

Just despise how you sit on your fake high horse and try and speak down to others with your "omg stfu fanboy". Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Yes, you are too. Just stop being such a little bitch about it.

Carry on.
You guys need to calm down...
blink.gif

I usually don't mind IGN's Nintendo reviews (well, at least the ones I've read) but this review was terrible. It was short and I could've written a similar review without even playing the game...

D

Deleted User

dan80315 said:
brandonspikes said:

Carry on.

I'm allowed to say whatever I want to, first off.

I'm not on any "high horse" but people are mentally challenged when they talk down on PROFESSIONAL reviewers, especially when they haven't even played the game.

If you took the time to comprehend what I was trying to point out than maybe you wouldn't rage at nothing.

I myself am a fan of Golden Sun, and I've played a translated version of the game, and I do agree with the review from IGN, for the most part.

It just fascinates me when people rage about a score for a game they were looking forward to.

D

Deleted User

More discussion the game itself, what you liked, didn't like, what you'd like to see in a possible continuation... [Insert Bravado Here].
Review's are bullshit, if you liked the first game (more of a prequel to the Lost Age, in my opinion). Then you're simply happy to
see one of the better traditional RPG franchises w/ actual puzzles rekindled for the NDS.

Being vulgar about review scores is frivolous, and isn't going to amount to anything other than frustrating your fellow Tempers.
I do have a couple of questions though. What makes a professional reviewer "professional"? Anyone can provide a "review" about
something, there isn't any merit in letting someone else put ideas your head, whether you agree with them or not.

The Golden Sun series isn't anything, in my opinion, that can be reviewed as anything other than a complete chronology. That said,
a distinction between console (and respective stories) would be necessary for an objective review. To be perfectly fair, "professional"
reviewers at big-name gaming sites, magazines & so on, are predominantly biased because of their background's, that is, having jobs in the
industry puts them at an extreme end of the projected audience/recipient for the game. This is the case for almost any game from a respected
developer like Camelot, or even Nintendo.

Okay end rant, Enjoy the game next week all.
Edit: 2, Point taken, but it's better than watching Monkey's tell eachother to STFU.

D

Deleted User

I2aven's_Sage said:
More discussion about how much we want to game to get leaked and dumped early would be encouraging. [Insert Bravado Here].
Review's are bullshit, if you liked the first game (more of a prequel to the Lost Age, in my opinion). Then you're simply happy to
see one of the better traditional RPG franchises w/ actual puzzles rekindled for the NDS.

So the thread gets shut down like the Donkey Kong one?

Ashley Riot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apk07 said:
- To my knowledge, this was originally supposed to be a remake of the first Golden Sun, but they decided to change it up instead, so him complaining it didn't feel new is due to that most likely

I think it's more because of the fact it's a Camelot RPG. Have you ever played any other games by the company? They all have a similar feel.

Here's a pic from Shining Force, for the Sega Genesis. You can spot a few familiar things in here.
Shining%20Force%20II_Aug28%208_32_30.png

Also,
QUOTE- He has beef about the story and dragged out dialogue, even though the original one had the exact same thing, and this should be expected of any RPG rich with story

I completely disagree. A game story doesn't necessarily need to be text-heavy in order to be good, it's all about balance.
Vagrant Story packs one of the best stories in RPGs, yet it presents less than a dozen named characters and lasts two days. Outside of RPGs, one could name Ico, SOTC or Silent Hill 2. Not every game needs to do a Xenogears. What they complain is that the dialogue is way too redundant and could be "trimmed" off.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
brandonspikes said:
I'm allowed to say whatever I want to, first off.

I'm not on any "high horse" but people are mentally challenged when they talk down on PROFESSIONAL reviewers, especially when they haven't even played the game.

If you took the time to comprehend what I was trying to point out than maybe you wouldn't rage at nothing.

I myself am a fan of Golden Sun, and I've played a translated version of the game, and I do agree with the review from IGN, for the most part.

It just fascinates me when people rage about a score for a game they were looking forward to.

"Professional reviewer"? Are you taking the piss?

I've played the game and I didn't need some poncy half-translated version to beat it twice. Both saves lasted me a good 50 hours and the ONLY valid things the reviewer said was that the talking goes on for too long at times and there isn't really much challenge in the main game (of course, anyone who wasn't just playing the game to review it and instead played it because they wanted to enjoy the game would've realised that there are four optional superbosses waiting for players after they've beaten the game and all four are challenging and at least one can't be Summon Rushed). But they mistake a conscious decision to retain everything that made Golden Sun and JRPGs in general so good in the first place for lack of originality, complain that the game is nowhere near long enough and even say the game doesn't look that good!

What little the reviewer went into detail on is complete bollocks, to be frank, and that you're defending them in that way is even more stupid. They gave Black Ops a 9, if I recall, and how is that in any way not unoriginal or derivative? The very things they lament about with Dark Dawn are the very things they PRAISE a generic FPS game for. But no, how dare we insinuate that the guys over at IGN are giving the game a bad reputation for all the wrong reasons?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ashley Riot said:
Apk07 said:
- To my knowledge, this was originally supposed to be a remake of the first Golden Sun, but they decided to change it up instead, so him complaining it didn't feel new is due to that most likely

I think it's more because of the fact it's a Camelot RPG. Have you ever played any other games by the company? They all have a similar feel.

Here's a pic from Shining Force, for the Sega Genesis. You can spot a few familiar things in here.
Shining%20Force%20II_Aug28%208_32_30.png
Are you saying that Camelot made Shining Force 2?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BortzANATOR said:
Are you saying that Camelot made Shining Force 2?
Yeah, Camelot also developed/co-developed all Shining-games (Shining Force, Shining the Holy Ark, Shining in the Darkness,...) til 1998, when the were remodeled/renamed from Sonic! Software Planning to Camelot. That`s why there are so many similarities to past RPGs I guess.

Can`t wait for Golden Sun DD. I always loved the emphasis on Puzzles, Dungeons and towns and also the fighting-system with Djinns and Psynergy is amazing IMO. I`m glad they didn`t mess too much with the formula! I also don`t care what reviewers say regarding the Golden Sun-formula, since I find it pretty unique and therefor there`s no need to change it!

I`m still not sure, if I should wait for the euro-release...
unsure.gif
So many games for Wii and DS these days. 999 looks amazing as well
yaynds.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
IGN, 7.5? Since when did people actually read their reviews...? They are probably the worst professional bunch ever (and Gamespot is terrible as well).

When people give Black Ops a 9, you know they are biased.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
There are review copies of Golden Sun out in the wild (as expected). It looks like the game comes in an eco-case as seen in this pic:

eKi4y.jpg

I'm looking forward to Dec 2. It can't come soon enough! Eight more days. Reviews be damned. I was going to buy the game even if it got a score of 2/10. If it's similar to the past games then I'll love it.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
brandonspikes said:
"Professional reviewer"? Are you taking the piss?
I lol'd too at professional reviews.

Anyway, I had no idea about the eco cases being released up for reviews o: early leaked dump still up in the air? =P

Twin989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamepro gave it a 7. The reviewer said the first 9 hours are painfully slow and he would have stopped playing if he weren't reviewing it.

D

Deleted User

Once again children, unless you played the version native to your language, and can provide a non biased review, please don't talk.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if opinion is upsetting you, but I have every right to post my views here.

DD suffers from the same problems that GS 1 and GS 2 did.

-pointlessly long cutscenes
-most characters gain barely any depth or development outside of the plot arcs where you first meet them
-inventory system is archaic

And to add to that:

-Many of the boss battles are far too easy (the final boss and the few optional in the post-game are the only challenging ones0 even without Summon Rushing)
-There are points of no return which cause you to miss out on Djinn/Summon; which is bad for anyone who wants to play through the game game without using a guide
-There is no Collosus/Trial Road are or any multi-player battle modes like in the previous games

That's not to say DD is a bad or horrible game. The dungeon puzzles are fun, the graphics, music, and overall production values are great, but when you factor in the negatives I just mentioned, falls short of being fantastic. 7-8 out of 10 is perfectly fitting score for it, and I think its dumb for people to shit all over reviewers for a score of a game they haven't even played yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    obamna
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Subway was actually pretty decent tonight