Gaming God of War: Chains of Olympus

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it, but I'm so tied into playing like a half dozen games that I've only done like a 1/3 of it or something. I can't recall where I am persay, but i remember a save point next to a pond with a waterfall and cliff you need to scale I believe. I'll come back to it as it plays fantastically.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In its core it's a great game, but first playthrough time of 4h is ridiculous. Good thing I didn't buy it
wink.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a decent price on it used so I don't care. It's too much bother to go around stealing PSP games to me. The files are large in general, you need a hacked up battery and a hacked bios as well if I recall right. Not worth the effort. Most PSP games I buy end up between $10-20 so that's plenty cheap for me.

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fun game. But wayy to short. You could finish the game in 1 go, if you put your mind to it. I beat it in 4.5 hours, with alot of wandering around, taking my time.

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I personally loved God Of War on the PSP. so much in fact, I'm getting a PS2 from my wife for X-mas just so I could play God Of War. Oddly my wife couldn't remember which game i wanted, so I went out and got it myself. I wrapped it all up in clear blue cellophane and put it under the tree. Family tradition states we get to open one gift on X-mas eve. Did I choose PS2? nope! God Of War FTW Baby!!

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
I got a decent price on it used so I don't care. It's too much bother to go around stealing PSP games to me. The files are large in general, you need a hacked up battery and a hacked bios as well if I recall right. Not worth the effort. Most PSP games I buy end up between $10-20 so that's plenty cheap for me.

Hmm, cost and bother to mod a PSP...

$6.90 for a pandora battery.
$16.32 for an 8GB MARK2 MS (non-sony).
Cost: $23.22 USD, shipped (dealextreme).

Format Memory Stick with MSPformat and put TimeMachine IPL/Despertar del Cementario v8 on it.
Put memory stick in PSP.
Put pandora battery in PSP.
Flash M33 CFW using DCv8.
Time: Under 30 minutes if you have no idea what you're doing. 5 minutes if you know what you're doing.

Once you're done with the magic memory stick, format it and pop ISO's on it. Get some ripkits, and you can hold 14-15 games on 8GB and add a few emulators and a bunch of roms. The ease and convenience of carrying 15 games at a time, faster load times, and longer battery life because you're using a memory stick.

Hmm...

Posts merged

And my on-topic post.... I LOVE God of War on the PSP.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still seems like too much of a hassle to me, especially the part of having a hacked bios as I don't like that what so ever. They get it down to where like a DS I can just slide a card in and give it a go I'm good, but I'm not screwing around with the guts of my system. I'd draw the line at a pandora battery. Plus as you said, if you don't know what you're doing right off it's tricky and will take some time. To me personally, it's not about laziness it's about wanting to leave the system how it is. If all the games were still $35-40 then I'd probably buckle down, but I like to own my games if they're worth having. It's the same reason I'm no fan of digital downloads.

damole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the game was pretty good, although it was short. I loved that other weapon, the fist? I forgot the name.
biggrin.gif
Anyways, that weapon was cooooool.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Still seems like too much of a hassle to me, especially the part of having a hacked bios as I don't like that what so ever. They get it down to where like a DS I can just slide a card in and give it a go I'm good, but I'm not screwing around with the guts of my system. I'd draw the line at a pandora battery. Plus as you said, if you don't know what you're doing right off it's tricky and will take some time. To me personally, it's not about laziness it's about wanting to leave the system how it is. If all the games were still $35-40 then I'd probably buckle down, but I like to own my games if they're worth having. It's the same reason I'm no fan of digital downloads.

Just because you get a flashcart doesn't mean it's easy, you can make the same arguments about flash cards.

Which flashcart to I buy?
Is it compatible with the DSi? Can nintendo update it to stop my flashcart from working?
Do ROMs need to be ARM7 patched with the flashcart I end up buying?
What about patches for games with enhanced copy protection?
What about updating the flashcart to support new games, how do I do that?
Does my game need external RAM? Do I need to use a loader to make use of the external RAM?

The ease of hacking a PSP is "sliding a card in" *and* changing the battery for a few minutes.

I hope your battery never dies. It'll be such a hassle to change out, might as well throw away the PSP and get a new one.

Dark Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the game suddenly freeze and shut down whenever I use CW cheats in God Of Wars Chain Of Olympus?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of how I am on it. GoW is cool and all that, but I'm not a huge fan of it or games that play in that perspective much (super picky and have to be in the mood) which explains why I have not finished it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: