Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

jorji109

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I know the project is still kicking but don't give up guys you've come so far. This may be the last big game we who only have our trusty psp to play.
well to be honest my psp is already broken (missing its memory card,battery,and cannot be charged anymore) but since I missed the psp games, I downloaded ppsspp. But you're right not all of our parents gonna buy a better pc,laptop or console for us just because we want to play a game. And as I said in one of my previous post I cannot say i've waited long for this since there are other people who has been waiting 2 or 1 year. And so with all that I bid the translating team good luck and have a nice day to all the fans and non fans of god eaters

Braig

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Congrats guys!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!! i've been waiting for this for a long time, i guess they finished, it says 100% so what should we do now ?
What?:huh: Only today the strings were about 200, they are probably machine translations, but never say never.

Last edited by Braig,

Hollow Snow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever that site list's one guy suddenly contributing several "package" translations at once, its almost a guarantee that it was machine translated. Heck, if 10 different people suddenly started submitting translation files at once I'd have been less suspicious lol.

Those on phones (or just can't access the site for w/e reason the "lone solider this time was called: "brickmhann".

On another note, I'm surprised that the head guys aren't allow to restrict language request as they usually get out of hand very quickly.

Reactions: 4th'ave'

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
What?:huh: Only today the strings were about 200, they are probably machine translations, but never say never.

I went to look at the project earlier just to do a bit of practice and drop a few lines
and a guy named Brickmhann had dropped all the remaining lines on Google translate lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whenever that site list's one guy suddenly contributing several "package" translations at once, its almost a guarantee that it was machine translated. Heck, if 10 different people suddenly started submitting translation files at once I'd have been less suspicious lol.

Those on phones (or just can't access the site for w/e reason the "lone solider this time was called: "brickmhann".

On another note, I'm surprised that the head guys aren't allow to restrict language request as they usually get out of hand very quickly.

Ah I didn't see your msg before I posted but yea that's the guy he did everything with Google translate :ohnoes:

Last edited by Zeriel,

Rageous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MRW I see it's 100% but then someone said it's machine translated...

giphy.gif

Klaus Merten Blick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
it is wrong to do it with google translator

it may be someone who knows Japanese can not say just like that it was by a translator at the end are the supervisors who will see if the translation is right or not

asl97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I believe those people using google translate are trying to sabotage the project.

Reviewers don't have all day to sort through bad translation and real translation.

A bunch of those bad translation was deleted a while ago but they were added back, undoing progress.

Kuromii

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I am so excited to see this project! But I hope people who have no knowledge in Japanese language will not interfere with the translations. It is better to wait and cheers for the professional translators and let them do their jobs :) I wish all of you the best! Keep it up the good work!

Hollow Snow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is wrong to do it with google translator

it may be someone who knows Japanese can not say just like that it was by a translator at the end are the supervisors who will see if the translation is right or not

...Hence why I said it's generally "almost a guarantee" that one guy suddenly uploading a large amount of strings translated is usually only possible if they resort to Google Translate. Basically there's (almost) a zero percent chance that a brand new non-member could just suddenly show up and contribute over 200 strings of translated text & files in such a short period of time; espcailly in an action rpg where special effects are more apparently and crucial than ever. I've seen this happen far too many times not only towards this specific project, but to other psp games as well.

<.< Man that was a mouthful.

Also using Google Translate ironically can be considered helpful, if one is able to at least obtain a solid grasp of the text being stated from the GT. In other words, GT usually spits out "gibberish" but will often state clear details such as a particular item or at least the setting of a event. Some (but not many) pros are able to decipher the gibberish and incorporate what the GT is trying to say, into a realistic event.

Ex Google Translated:
roaS: The this So World is Never That Was!

Reality (that should the above event should be translated to):
Sora: So this is The World That Never Was!

Klaus Merten Blick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I believe those people using google translate are trying to sabotage the project.

Reviewers don't have all day to sort through bad translation and real translation.

A bunch of those bad translation was deleted a while ago but they were added back, undoing progress.
i dont think soo sabotage the project? or want play more quickly?

jorji109

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey guys just want to say, good luck and be patient (this means do NOT use google translate) thank you for reading. Have a nice day. addons: I have just thought of an idea (if you guys want to do it) why don't we just vote how do we want the game : fast but using google translate or slow but has a good translation. VOTE below or reply, Fast or Slow. I pick slow.Coldbird and Devnoname120 what do you guys think ?

Last edited by jorji109,

m4rc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe bamco is behind this.
C'mon! Don't we go into the ridiculous!
If Namco really don't wan't to see the light of this project they have already sent a C&D letter, so please stop posting affermations like this...

They are simply a little brain peoples (or is the same guy again and again) who they think that are smarter than others behind the project, and pasting google translate sentences will speed up the entire process...

But the real shame are people are people here who posting and have posting only demotivation sentences like, now psvita version is out. Yeah even the PC is out! Or the worst of all, it's better port the translation from psvita directly. Yeah, ok!, but there's a little problem: We are sure that the official translation is better tha the unofficial? (look at recent namco localization, google translate is better than that!), and do you know porting the official translation over the psp (which is copyrighted) will cause truble to Colbird and devnoname?

I think another problem is the completely missing control over the project from the autor of patch and tools, it's impossible that someone register and start pasting 200+ sentences in a minute!

In all of this i'm the first who is wating for the patch, because i don't wan't buy a fail console abbandoned by Sony only for a couple games, and i love god eater universe!
Ah and again look! piracy seems resurrect again a died console...

P.S.: Sorry for my broken english!

Last edited by m4rc0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp