OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Need some advice.
We've been dating for a month, friends for a year and a half (not that close tho)
Basically her first boyfriend cheated on her about 30 times before he broke up with her, and now he wants her back no matter what cost. She still thinks she loves him, but isn't willing to date him again (mostly because I convinced her that he'll just do the same thing again, which he will.) Like I said, she still won't give him up tho and he's been her top friend on myspace forever.
This morning he threatened to kill me if I didn't back off (via myspace).
Her reaction was that we should stop dating till he cooled off, because she thought he might actually do it. My response was no, because he has already stated that he "owns" her several times and if he is allowed to know that he can control who she dates like that he'll keep control over her life and eventually manage to completely fuck it up for her.
So yeah.
After that I asked her to completely delete him from myspace and tell him that if he kills me or threatens to again he'll be in trouble... or something like that...
all she did was randomize her top friends list and buy him in the "own your friends" app, adding to his thing a message "happy happy joy joy...just another day in the life of a girl"
:/ WTF.
I mean, despite the fact that we've been dating for such a short time the mother fucker threatened to kill me, is it really that much to ask that she delete him and stop contacting him?
Am I overreacting or is this frustration justified?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
shadowboy said:
Need some advice.
We've been dating for a month, friends for a year and a half (not that close tho)
Basically her first boyfriend cheated on her about 30 times before he broke up with her, and now he wants her back no matter what cost. She still thinks she loves him, but isn't willing to date him again (mostly because I convinced her that he'll just do the same thing again, which he will.) Like I said, she still won't give him up tho and he's been her top friend on myspace forever.
This morning he threatened to kill me if I didn't back off (via myspace).
Her reaction was that we should stop dating till he cooled off, because she thought he might actually do it. My response was no, because he has already stated that he "owns" her several times and if he is allowed to know that he can control who she dates like that he'll keep control over her life and eventually manage to completely fuck it up for her.
So yeah.
After that I asked her to completely delete him from myspace and tell him that if he kills me or threatens to again he'll be in trouble... or something like that...
all she did was randomize her top friends list and buy him in the "own your friends" app, adding to his thing a message "happy happy joy joy...just another day in the life of a girl"
:/ WTF.
I mean, despite the fact that we've been dating for such a short time the mother fucker threatened to kill me, is it really that much to ask that she delete him and stop contacting him?

Threats on Myspace always get all serious and ppl kill them selves. Just call the po-po (police) on him. Threats via myspace fall under "Cyber Bullying" which is illegal!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Threats on Myspace always get all serious and ppl kill them selves. Just call the po-po (police) on him. Threats via myspace fall under "Cyber Bullying" which is illegal!
Agreed. Call the men in blue to take him away. (No, not the moderators of GBATemp.)
ph34r.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Threatening you via Myspace? Sounds like a pussy.

How old is the kid? If he has a car just mix up some thermite and put it on the hood.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
juggernaut911 said:
Agreed. Call the men in blue to take him away. (No, not the moderators of GBATemp.)
ph34r.gif
2 things:
Your avatar is awesome!
GBAtemp mods are in black because we all know ninjas wear black bathrobes!

but yeah, thats joovy, just show teh po-poez

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shadowboy said:
This morning he threatened to kill me if I didn't back off (via myspace)...

After that I asked her to completely delete him from myspace and tell him that if he kills me or threatens to again he'll be in trouble...Don't give him a chance to threaten you again. As far as I'm concerned, he's already in trouble. A threat on someone's life is something to be taken seriously, especially in this day and age. You need to alert him to the police right away.

QUOTE(shadowboy @ Dec 31 2008, 10:28 PM) I mean, despite the fact that we've been dating for such a short time the mother fucker threatened to kill me, is it really that much to ask that she delete him and stop contacting him?

Over-reacting? On the contrary. I don't think you're being firm enough with your girlfriend. You need to make her choose between you or the psycho, and you need to do it soon. Like, yesterday. If she chooses him, she's got issues and you'll be better off not dating her. If she chooses you, then be prepared to be on your guard. You can't take any chances.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, just alert the police like the GBATemp Ninja said so. (sorry, had to say that
tongue.gif
)

But seriously, if this guy's threatening your life, you're not overreacting, it's actually quite serious. Tell your girlfriend very seriously what this guy's been doing, and if she doesn't listen to you, just call the cops and be done with it.

shadowboy

:D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hes like 16 I think...
I told her she needed to choose between us right when I asked her out >_> She said she chose me... but yeah, actions speak louder than words... hahaha... shes going through a lot of problems in her life and I hate to make it worse, but fuck that. I need some closure with this bullshit.
Whats the jail sentence for a 16 year old who makes death threats?
And no, I won't "beat his ass" do you all have any idea how an assault charge would look when I try running for the US or even state senates? It would fuck up my life!

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
shadowboy said:
Hes like 16 I think...
I told her she needed to choose between us right when I asked her out >_> She said she chose me... but yeah, actions speak louder than words... hahaha... shes going through a lot of problems in her life and I hate to make it worse, but fuck that. I need some closure with this bullshit.
Whats the jail sentence for a 16 year old who makes death threats?
And no, I won't "beat his ass" do you all have any idea how an assault charge would look when I try running for the US or even state senates? It would fuck up my life!

So do something that won't cause you to be the main suspect.

So he's 16, eh? Does he have a car? Just pop some thermite on the hood and light it up, then run away. Do it in the middle of the night where nobody will see you.

It'll be a warning, or it could be an act of random vandalism. Either way there's no evidence that'll point to you.

Or an engine, for that matter.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
shadowboy said:
Don't think he has a car :/
And he apparently carries a knife everywhere >_> Fucking communist psychotic bastard.

His parents would have one though, right? I assume he lives with them since he's 16.

shadowboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But... they need it to drive to work and stuff >_> I don't want to fuck up their lives just cause their kid is a douche.
Actually, does "When I said ____ was mine I meant it, so back the fuck off now, or you'll regret it."
Constitute a death threat or not?

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dat bitch gone crazy!
rofl2.gif

He THREATENED YOUR LIFE!!
mad.gif

If that's not serious enough, she also keeps him in the top "friends" list!
If she really cared about you then she would do as you said and delete him!

Maybe she's seeing him in secret....
mad.gif

BUT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING RASH, GET HER STORY AND YOUR STORIES STRAIGHTENED OUT FIRST!!!!!

I REPEAT, STRAIGHTEN YOUR STORIES FIRST!!!!

or you can invite him over with your girl and talk it over with a cup of tea and cookies!
(keep a bat for self defense)

shadowboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ so true sonic, life was so simple back then... only one month into my first relationship and this shit happens >_> almost makes a guy want to turn gay...
but theres the other side too, the good side. It helps to ease the lonliness of highschool life... or it should, but in this case its nothing but trouble :/ Shes gonna call me midnight her time... can't decide whether to talk about it then or wait till tomorrow.

shredder-ed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I think your frustration is completely justified.

Secondly, I agree that if this guy has threatened your life in writing, it would probably be wise to alert the proper authorities.

However, there's an aspect to this situation that I haven't seen anyone address yet.

Please understand that I have no idea how strong your feelings for this girl are, or how serious this relationship is.

Do you think that she won't completely remove him from her myspace out of fear that doing so could provoke him, or because she still has feelings for him and doesn't want to cut him out of her life?

If she still wants to hold onto this guy who's been this controlling with her, even after he threatens your life, then dude...Please be careful with yourself.

I've typed numerous things only to delete them when it became apparent that I simply didn't have enough information to say the things I'd begin to.

So I'll just leave it at...If you think it's her feelings for this guy and not simply fear of him that has her keeping him in her myspace and whatever else, even after he's threatened to kill you...Then please be careful with yourself. It's possible you could end up investing much more in, and risking much more on this relationship than she's willing to if that's the case.

Best of luck to you.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
shadowboy said:
^ so true sonic, life was so simple back then... only one month into my first relationship and this shit happens >_> almost makes a guy want to turn gay...
but theres the other side too, the good side. It helps to ease the lonliness of highschool life... or it should, but in this case its nothing but trouble :/ Shes gonna call me midnight her time... can't decide whether to talk about it then or wait till tomorrow.

Obviously, you isn't being firm about this situation. I mean if this girl want to hold unto the past then she's not right for you! She will only cause confusion and arguments that will make you wish you have never met her in the first place. I believe she's doing this to get her ex-boyfriend jealous.
Women that holds unto the past and can't let go of their past feelings for someone is confused. She trying to hold unto the present and the past which means there's no future for you her.

IMO this is what you need to do, you need to tell her that she can't have it both ways! Either she wants to be with you or with her psychotic ex-boyfriend! It's up to her to choose, if she can't decide well you know that she's not the one for you.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell his parents what he's doing and make sure to document some things he says to have some evidence. If they don't do anything, call the cops and see if you can get him convicted as a stalker or for bullying. And last, but not least, be firm to your GF that you care for her. Convince her that the ex is a control freak and make sure to stress that you'd never hurt her like he would.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!