DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this game supposed to be a TENCHU 's spiritual successor?? Damn i miss tenchu so muuuuuuch

:(
Sadly Tenchu's spiritual successor is Shinobido, and the last one got rushed so they could release it as a launch title for the Vita (good game, but they didn't have time to add the level editor that made the original famous).

This game is made by a western company, albiet one that has made some pretty good games. I doubt it'll be as good as Tenchu, but we'll see.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
:(
Sadly Tenchu's spiritual successor is Shinobido, and the last one got rushed so they could release it as a launch title for the Vita (good game, but they didn't have time to add the level editor that made the original famous).

I don't get this with some companies, why not just add it post launch via DLC? it's not like it's final once released like a cartridge, it's a good reason to use the Updates & DLC these days. Kinda like expansions back in the day to give content that didn't fit with the base game.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is an open world samurai game:

Is there a game that you always wished someone would make, but they never did? Well, that’s what we’ve been doing here at Sucker Punch for the last few years—building the game we’ve wanted for so long to be able to play.

It’s called Ghost of Tsushima.

Seriously, how come no one has made a sprawling samurai open-world game yet? Feudal Japan is beautiful; from the swaying bamboo forests to the ornate castles, it’s a place that demands to be explored. Don’t you want to wear a suit of samurai armour? Wouldn’t you like to fire a six-foot-tall samurai long bow? Want to journey across a lush countryside with a katana on your hip? For me, the answer is clearly “yes, yes please.”

The artists and engineers here at Sucker Punch have brought this world to life on PlayStation 4, from tall grass blowing in the wind to the call of a far off crane: we want to make it feel real. All of what’s shown in our debut trailer was captured in our game engine, that’s the interactive world we’re painstakingly crafting together, that’s the world we’re going to set on fire.

In 1274, the Mongol army invaded Japan, their first stop: Tsushima Island. . In Ghost of Tsushima, you play as a battered samurai, fighting back against overwhelming odds. In the trailer, you see the leader of the Mongols, a guy I would describe as an “uncomfortably reasonable killer” trying to intimidate our hero. It’s all there, right in that little scene. The power and confidence of the Mongol Empire coming face to face with pure, lethal, samurai determination.

We’re excited to finally be able to talk about the game and look forward to sharing more in the coming months. Keeping it a secret for so long has been painful. The trailer is the perfect way to share with the world what we’ve been dying to play for so many years – fighting back invaders in feudal Japan, mastering the katana and building your legend as “the Ghost.”

(Side thing. If you’re trying to figure out which actors are in the trailer; Jin, our hero, is Daisuke Tsuji and the Khan is played by Patrick Gallagher. These guys can bring it.)

This is day 1 for me :)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At least, it not have an american face in Japan context such as that trash byproduct named Ni-Oh.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Because the game bombed :(
But the game didn't bomb on Day 1, why not release it on or close to release, if as they say they did'nt have time to finish it then it means they at least started some kinda code on it, finish that & release it hell even if it bombed release it for the fans or as a final "hurrah" like Sega did with the Sega Smash Pak.

It doesn't matter now i guess, just my 2 (common) cents.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the game didn't bomb on Day 1, why not release it on or close to release, if as they say they did'nt have time to finish it then it means they at least started some kinda code on it, finish that & release it hell even if it bombed release it for the fans or as a final "hurrah" like Sega did with the Sega Smash Pak.

It doesn't matter now i guess, just my 2 (common) cents.

Not reasonable for a small studio that basically got murdered when Sony released the PS3. They made a huge name for themselves with niche PS2 titles, a few of which got decent PSP ports. When the PS3 hit, small devs didn't have the resources to develop for it (hence garbage system with "no games"), and most of them died off or left to do mobile games. Acquire is still around, they just make weird crap for systems that nobody owns, because they are much easier to develop for.

Reactions: Fusion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1