Tutorial  Updated

Getting hbmenu from 1.0.0 to 3.0.0

Disclaimer: This comes with absolutely no warranty. Try this stuff at your own risk.

Here goes a little tutorial on getting hbmenu working on firmware 1.0.0 and up to 3.0.0.

4FptJsQ.jpg
9MWbVSR.jpg

Requirements:
- A switch with FW 1.0.0 or up to 3.0.0
- PegaSwitch access
- loader.pfs0 renamed to loader.nsp (you can build it from source) Download: Google Drive
- hblauncher.nro - Official website

Step one

Put hblauncher.nro and loader.nsp in the root of your MicroSD

Step two
Launch PegaSwitch with your favourite method

Step three
Run this javascript snippet: https://pastebin.com/UBLJsgse
To do this, save that snippet to a javascript file and call it something like "hbmenu.js", then from PegaSwitch run:
Code:
evalfile usefulscripts/hbmenu.js

Step four

Close your browser and open the Gallery App. Hbmenu should launch

Credits
Not me. I merely compiled loader.pfs0 and wrote this guide.
@TuxSH from ReSwitched for coming up with that JavaScript snippet this guide uses.
@BL4Z3D247 for pointing me in the right direction.
Of course Plutoo and Yellows8 for Homebrew Launcher (hbmenu)

This was tested on my 1.0.0 launch day Switch. Report here your results.

Post note: As other people confirmed (and to no one surprise) the majority of Homebrew designed for 3.0.0 surely won't work.

Last edited by Deleted member 191657,

CYB3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice! I have some probelms for launch pegaswitch. there is some way to do it simply, or what forms to execute it

Regards

CYB3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is the installation of the homebrew menu permanent or do we always need to launch it from the PC to have it?

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to revive an old thread but i have a question.

i have a 1.0 console. i have a backup of puyo Japanese, which allows access to the browser so that pegaswitch can be launched correctly. my question: can i load my 1.0 with the SX Pro dongle and launch the backup of puyo japanese that way, then access the browser and run pegaswitch? I think the answer is yes. I don't see why that wouldn't work. And i think that will then allow me to install fakenews so that i don't need puyo Japanese anymore...

thoughts?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry to revive an old thread but i have a question.

i have a 1.0 console. i have a backup of puyo Japanese, which allows access to the browser so that pegaswitch can be launched correctly. my question: can i load my 1.0 with the SX Pro dongle and launch the backup of puyo japanese that way, then access the browser and run pegaswitch? I think the answer is yes. I don't see why that wouldn't work. And i think that will then allow me to install fakenews so that i don't need puyo Japanese anymore...

thoughts?
Tetorisu!
I'd be interested to know if this works.
I too have a 1.0 and installed fake news a while back with a real copy of Puyo but your suggestion is an interesting idea.
If you have a jig and a SX OS license you could test it now assuming you haven't got your Pro yet.
Be interested to hear how it goes.
In theory I can't see why it wouldn't work as the 'backups' are 1-1 copies of the cart afaik.

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tetorisu!
I'd be interested to know if this works.
I too have a 1.0 and installed fake news a while back with a real copy of Puyo but your suggestion is an interesting idea.
If you have a jig and a SX OS license you could test it now assuming you haven't got your Pro yet.
Be interested to hear how it goes.
In theory I can't see why it wouldn't work as the 'backups' are 1-1 copies of the cart afaik.

my sx pro arrives on Saturday so I'll be able to try after that.

but I also just purchased a new switch that arrives on Saturday too. I'm going to guess it will be a 4x and I'm going to use it to practice all this updating without burning efuses between 4.x and 5.x. once I get the hang of it I'll return the switch lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Thanks, dear. @K3Nv2