buut they say i need a mod chip

what do u recomend i get?

Zanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a modchip unless you want to play absolutely everything and at normal speeds (well kinda I think, I don't have one). Don't you see the backup loader threads?

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
also be quick, the drive chips on new wiis have epoxy resin on them, that is hard to get off. hairdryer wont work. been a couple of weeks since i heard about this, someone correct me if im wrong

Monster On Strin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zanonymous said:
You don't need a modchip unless you want to play absolutely everything and at normal speeds (well kinda I think, I don't have one). Don't you see the backup loader threads?

by christmas all new wiis will have the new firmware on it which blocks fakesigning so unless they find a way around you know

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Convince your mum to buy the wii now (and then keep it until christmas
wink.gif
)
The new version of backuploader is very promising. it allows you to play backups without a modchip. but future wii's will have the new firmware which prevents this (but that will be hacked too eventually)
and if you still want a chip, buying now is also the best option. future wii's will be harder to mod

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jerm27 said:
iv told mum to buy it asap buut if she will or not is a totaly diff story

so will these new wiis be pirate proof?

The new wii's on the way - probably in the shops now , have a new chip in them that cant fit a modchip onto them because of the goo (epoxy resin) thats poured over it after its done.
Nintendo also released a new software update to prevent the software updates so if you get your wii and it asks to update it DONT !!!

You stand a chance of using the software backup way of doing things if you dont update - you may be in trouble if you update.

jerm27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so say i do end up getting one of these new wii's how will i know that it is pirate proof

& if it is. is there any way i would be able to play games that i download& burn

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two ways. Check serial just to see what you might have. You may be ok chip wise, but could still have an epoxied version. Second, check firmware by going into your wii settings and looking at what version it is running. Other than these methods, you'd have to open it physically to be 100% certain of what you have.

I would also add this: 2 whole months(Nov & Dec) is a long ways away and many things could come about by then. Keep abreast of the news and files. We may even be surprised by coders with "gifts" for the holidays
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1