zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hey,

I used to have a dsi and i sold it a few months back and i'll be getting myself a 3dsxl soon and i have a few questions regarding the flashcards.

im aware that many here recommend the Super Card DSTwo flash card because of its features. Having not owned a 3ds before, i wouldnt know if i would want the features that are in the DSTwo or not considering the much more expensive price tag ( poor student T_T ).

Basically, what i would want to do is to play ds roms on my 3ds, be able to go online and play any ds games that support any sort of online gameplay (if there is any besides pokemon, im not sure).

I am also planning to get the monster hunter game and the fire emblem game for the 3ds too, so im not sure if i can play it without having to update the 3ds's firmware version. Well what i want to do is, play some ds games, then switch over to monster hunter etc etc.

As i wrote above, the DSTwo card is really out of my budget, the ones that i could find here locally genuinely cost around $60 sgd. Considering i use it for gaming purposes only, which flash card should i go for instead of the DSTwo one, if its really THAT good, i might consider getting it, though that would mean 1 less meal for a week haha.

Oh and i did read up about the different flash cards and what not, would be better if i hear the people's opinion.

Thanks! :D

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
If its a cheaper flash cart you need try r4i gold try Yeah you will be able to go online and trade and stuff(if its pokemon or other games for that matter) and the site says the latest update is supported.
EDIT: Also try Rydian's Guide

Reactions: zael91

aalokishere

Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
The proper R4i Gold is r4ids.cn, r4igold.cn is one of the many many clones.

The DSTwo has, by far, the best ability to update to keep in touch with 3DS firmware updates. It's worth the money just for that for most people.
My bad. EDITED and added a link to your guide

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yes, the DSTWO is the best cause nintendo can't patch it up.
Whenever they make a new firmware update for 3DS, the DSTWO team patches is in 2 hours or so.

Now about the 3DS games and flashcards,those games u said above have the latest firware partition iirc, there's no way to skip the update cause when you load the game a pop-up window is gonna come and say that you need to update the system.

For Online playing you don't need to update the system ,only games like MK7 that have patches require update cause you need to get the update from eShop.

If u don't have enough money for the card then get a r4ids.cn card,it works on the latest firware and you can play online like on all other cards.
But be cautious, R4 cards have space limits**

**(Nintendo makes new update>R4 team fixes it>Card works on the X-Firmware
Nintendo makes another Update>Team can't fix it cause there's no space on the card.
When that happens u need to get a new revision of their card)

The difference between DSTWO and R4 cards is that DSTWO is obvious stronger cause it has its own CPU which means it can emulate other gaming systems like GBA, the card can't be patched because it has unlimited space(The fix is stored on the microSD not the card itself) games doesn't need to be patched and all games work fine on it, you don't need any fix for them.

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The difference between DSTwo and R4 cards is that DSTwo is obvious stronger cause it has its own CPU which means it can emulate other gaming systems like GBA, the card can't be patched because it has unlimited space(The fix is stored on the microSD not the card itself) games doesn't need to be patched and all games work fine on it, you don't need any fix for them.

fair enough, because from what i read, the flash cards tend to run out of "space" hence a "new revision" of the card is made ( correct me if im wrong ) to be able to keep on up to date with the 3ds's firmware versions, so i guess it is worth investing on a DSTWO.

Now about the 3DS games and flashcards,those games u said above have the latest firware partition iirc, there's no way to skip the update cause when you load the game a pop-up window is gonna come and say that you need to update the system.

So from my understanding, as of now, there's no way for me to switch from playing monster hunter / fire emblem to playing ds games on the flash card because of the current firmware version on those 2 3ds games am i right?

and thanks for the replies everyone :)

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
alright! i guess thats all i need to know

thanks Rydian :)

Edit: oh, is there a place where i could go to check and see what 3ds games and the firmware that that is required.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
U can ask people here or check on google, but if the game just came out then it has the latest firmware.
But i think you can find out which firmware partition it has from the release date.
As we know the latest firmware came April 4 2013, which means all the game that came after that day will have the latest firmware.
Pokemon Rumble Blast came October 24 2011(USA) which means it has 2.1.0-4 firmware on it. Here's a list if you would like to know when a update was released https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_system_software

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh