Hacking General softmod backup launching compatibility guide

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ice Age 3; anyone reported this? I've tried numerous of times to work around it to load the game, and so far only NeoGamma Loads the game.

Not sure if this is an IOS Reload, but sure don't work from disc channel or any other loader.

Cheers.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
The only game ive had trouble with is my sims racing , but i dont think ive played many of the ones with problems from a hdd , most of my games are on disk but mysims racing doesnt work on disk or on usbloader , tried multiple loaders and tried upgradeing then downgradeing the firmware, i think i use 13a.

If anyone wants me to try anything specific please say so i have one wii that is on its way to the graveyard that i dont mind testing stuff on.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
scousethief said:
The only game ive had trouble with is my sims racing , but i dont think ive played many of the ones with problems from a hdd , most of my games are on disk but mysims racing doesnt work on disk or on usbloader , tried multiple loaders and tried upgradeing then downgradeing the firmware, i think i use 13a.

If anyone wants me to try anything specific please say so i have one wii that is on its way to the graveyard that i dont mind testing stuff on.

The game is in the list and it's described how to get it to work. What do you want?

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive done what it says and it doesnt work otherwise i wouldnt have listed it.

updated to cios rev 14
neogamma 7

still get green screen no matter what i do HDD and Disk. So far it still the only game that wont play (multiple copies from multiple sources)

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Game is pal
Wii is pal

Multiple copies of the game from different sources.

Tried different loaders Neogamma , backuploader with 002 fix , basically every loader i can find.

Changed ios's , upgraded , downgraded, sidegraded everything same result.

Green screen , i know what it says should work all i am saying is on mine ,my spare, my brothers , my cousins and my neighbours wii i get the green screen and i didnt mod my cousins wii which sort of rules me out of the problem.

WIIPOWER : im not trying to annoy you lol just trying to point out that i have done everything i can think of including wiping a few wiis as much as possible formatting etc etc etc and im thinking that theres either something missing or something just isnt working , i really wouldnt have posted in your thread otherwise,

p.s ghostbusters works fine via usb or disk just mentioned that because thats another that gets mentioned.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i have it workin on my NeoGamma R6 and GX the only option i have on is 002 fix and it loads, make sure disk and console are set to default not custom or forced

QUOTE said:
i am saying is on mine ,my spare, my brothers , my cousins and my neighbours wii i get the green screen

have you modded their wiis cause it could be something your doin wrong

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
scousethief said:
Game is pal
Wii is pal

Multiple copies of the game from different sources.

Tried different loaders Neogamma , backuploader with 002 fix , basically every loader i can find.

Changed ios's , upgraded , downgraded, sidegraded everything same result.

Green screen , i know what it says should work all i am saying is on mine ,my spare, my brothers , my cousins and my neighbours wii i get the green screen and i didnt mod my cousins wii which sort of rules me out of the problem.

WIIPOWER : im not trying to annoy you lol just trying to point out that i have done everything i can think of including wiping a few wiis as much as possible formatting etc etc etc and im thinking that theres either something missing or something just isnt working , i really wouldnt have posted in your thread otherwise,

p.s ghostbusters works fine via usb or disk just mentioned that because thats another that gets mentioned.

If you get the green screen freeze with a PAL disc on a PAL Wii with cIOSrev13a and cIOSrev14 and NeoGamma R6 and R7(both with default settings), the disc is either crappy region patched or 002 patched

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
K ill get the original tomorrow and rip another copy and start again, doubt ill even play the game ( its for the kids really ) but dont want to have something not right and further down the line it causese other games not to work , hope you know what i mean. Ill post back and let you know what the outcome is.

Apologies for clogging the thread up.

Original works , copy of the original gives green screen still on all but 1 of my Wiis , very strange.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WiiPower

Some of the information in your first post needs to be updated. Specifically, Red Steel can be played using alt-dol loading using Neogamma or USBloader GX. I can personally confirm that it works with USBloader GX rev 575 - I played it from beginning to end with no problems

I am currently running the game off of cIOS38 rev 14, and I have gotten it to work on older revisions of Wani's cIOS as well.

Thanks

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Swing Golf NTSC-U works fine with USB Configurable Loader r39 on a 4.0U Wii with Wani's cIOS249 rev13b.

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bleach Versus Crusade should be added...

If on PAL wii with modchip, Bleach Versus Crusade freeze's on Loading screen before the intro video.

To fix this you have to use Gecko OS or any other Backup Launcher that support's Force Disc's Region.

If you try and force PAL60 it freeze's on Loading screen.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. This is a softmod thread!
2. Gecko OS is not a backup launcher!
3. Games that only work in their native video mode are working games! (get a better/another cable/tv combination if even video mode patches don't help)

pir

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

I just PM you (=WiiPower) a working link for a cIOS37 installer (noted as missing on the 1st page of this thread).

It works for me (4.1E updated with wanin).
Once installed (cIOS37 as 248), I use SoftChip R99 to launch RB2.
All my instruments (GH3 guitar, GHWT guitar and drums and Sing It mike) are working.
AND RawkSD DLC are working too.

Note: if WiiPower doesn't update his link page, here's a link about this installer:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216
There's no link for the installer there though (read and google)

Pierre

madbrainx

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
After updating to waninkoko custom cios 38 rev14, wii music, wii play and wii sports ntsc-u stopped working with usb-loader. I've already deleted previous savegames but still no good. Also I couldn't find any other .dol on isos to use as alternates. Has anyone experienced those problems? Thanks in advance.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I cross-posted the list of games from problem category 1 to another forum and somebody mentioned this:

QUOTE said:
Clipper said:
Current list:
Metal Slug Anthology
Ehmm, I'm actually playing MSA right now which it works on both CFG v40 and Ultimate
smile.gif

Can anyone else confirm? If this can even be played on Ultimate, then it shouldn't be on the list at all, right?

Edit: Ah, it seems to be that everything works except Metal Slug 6. Perhaps this should be made clear (the other compilations generally only list the non-working part of the game).

brett668

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
can any1 help im trying to do my brothers wii for him but its giving me loads of problems?ive done my wii and works fine but not his there both on v3.3u,
ive got home brew channel on there fine but with the backup loader as soon as i open it after being installed it turns off the wii remoute ive tryed others but with no luck
can any1 put alink where i can download a complete backup loader with everything i need to play the newer games

thanks for any help
brett

recoomeboom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there, trying to load boom blox bash party from neo gamma r7. before anything comes up at all, the screen freezes black and my controller disconnects. i didn't see anything in this thread on it so it may just be a crappy back-up but i just wanted to check first.

and on a side note, is there a search feature to search specific threads on this forum? i know there is a general search to see what threads come up, but one to direct me to a specific post?

KageJuin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have kind of a big problem
I imported a black wii
and The Conduit and Mario Galaxy and No More Heroes fail to work on it
via NeoGamma v6

I tested The Conduit with NeoGamma v7..and it worked..
I didnt check if it still works

all these games are US games

what am I doing wrong? or how can I fix this problem?

when I try to run these games NeoGamma finds the disc...starts running and black screen forever..

please help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...