Hacking GC homebrew through Nintendont?

George -Woody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This... Is it posible? Since there's no Gx (nes,snes,genesis,etc) emulator usb hid compatible, and i got no intentions on buy a 3rd party GC or Classic controller, my solution Is use a DS2 controles with DS2 USB adapter... I tried burning an snes9xgx with roms and place on Usb/game/snes/game.iso with no luck (black screen), same thing with genplusgx..

So my question Is... Is there's a way to make GC homebrew works? I use DS2 USB adapter with Nintendont (GC games) with no problem... Would be nice use it with snes or nes or whatever emulator you want.

Enviado desde mi Moto C mediante Tapatalk

George -Woody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Why would you need to run GC homebrew? There are Wii varients of GC emulators that are just as good (if not better).
Because of lack of support USB-hid controllers on Wii versions of those emulators. Is mandatory use, or GC joysticks, or Classic controllers, or Wiimote + nunchaku. My idea Is, use those emulators on their GC versions, so I can use my DS2 joy with DS2 USB adapter. Nintendont has fully support on those peripherals. On muy case, play GC games that way works flawlesly.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for GC emulators to support USB HID when there are no USB ports on the GC? This doesn't make any sense to me. Gamecubes only have Gamecube controller ports.

George -Woody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Is it normal for GC emulators to support USB HID when there are no USB ports on the GC? This doesn't make any sense to me. Gamecubes only have Gamecube controller ports.
Maybe my poor english is not enough to make myself understand correctly.

The things Is... Nintendont Is a program to make wii "think" Is a GameCube, right? So, Nintendont support hid-usb emulation, this way you can use USB joystick, on Nintendont, to play GameCube games on a wii, right?
Well... Retro emulators on GameCube, support GameCube controllers, right? Since Wii retroemulator doesn't have hid USB support... I had this "craaazy idea"

1.- make an iso for GameCube, with snes9xgx gc, filled with roms, 1.35 GB.

2.- put this iso, inside the usb:/game/snes/ folder, treat it as a GameCube game, so this way Nintendont launch it as a GameCube game, the same way you can burn a mini dvd iso with snes9xgx filled with roms on a GameCube...

I reaaaally hope Made myself understand correctly [emoji30]

Thanks

Pd: if any of you "really dont get the logic" of my idea, or in fact is imposible to do such thing... You can close the topic.

Thanks anyway

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States

George -Woody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
No, but Nintendont supports USB HID, so homebrews and games run through it would inherit that.
Exactly.... Thank you :D...

I already tried it... Usbloadergx recognize it as a GameCube game... But goes ti black screen...

Maybe I'm missing somethig, maybe i need to move somethig in a file... I dont know... I'm not a Wii expert, but i like experiment...

The reason why I dont want yo buy a GC controllers, or a CC is, here in my country is nearly impossible to find one on reading le prices.. and clon one are too bad quality..

I still pen my original DS2 joystick of my old PS2 fat...

George -Woody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Exactly.... Thank you :D...

I already tried it... Usbloadergx recognize it as a GameCube game... But goes ti black screen...

Maybe I'm missing somethig, maybe i need to move somethig in a file... I dont know... I'm not a Wii expert, but i like experiment...

The reason why I dont want yo buy a GC controllers, or a CC is, here in my country is nearly impossible to find one with reasonable prices.. and clon ones are too bad quality..

I still own my original DS2 joystick of my old PS2 fat...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but Nintendont supports USB HID, so homebrews and games run through it would inherit that.

It doesn't make the game support USB, though. It just translates the signals.

AFAIK most homebrew will not run on Nintendont. It makes no attempt to emulate the hardware. It only redirects the IO.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't make the game support USB, though. It just translates the signals.

AFAIK most homebrew will not run on Nintendont. It makes no attempt to emulate the hardware. It only redirects the IO.

... the point here is that you can use USB Gamepads through Nintendont, though.

Reactions: George -Woody

George -Woody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In fact. Both of you are correct. The point here is run GC homebrew through Nintendont (retroemulators specifically), since it has USB-hid support....

But, it was just an idea, i tried it, but didn't work.

If there's no way to make it work, by the nature of how Nintendont works... There isn't much to do..

Thanks

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In fact. Both of you are correct. The point here is run GC homebrew through Nintendont (retroemulators specifically), since it has USB-hid support....

But, it was just an idea, i tried it, but didn't work.

If there's no way to make it work, by the nature of how Nintendont works... There isn't much to do..

Thanks

That's not likely to happen, because Nintendont, to my knowledge, redirects IO by patching the official SDK libraries that the games came with (it's baked into each game, and they're relatively static in comparison to what I'm about to explain next). For homebrew to work with it, you'd have to have something similar for libogc (or any other custom homebrew library if they ever existed), but that would be a nightmare, considering there would be a literal infinite amount of possible libraries to patch, since libogc is open source and anyone could have their own version of functions in the library. FIX94 could probably explain in better detail, but that's how I understand it.

Reactions: George -Woody

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: