GC Game will not save in mem card emulation - Namco 50th Anniversary

davrob01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have been using memory card emulation in Nintendont for all my games and never had an issue on my SD card or my USB drive. However, this game - Namco Museum 50th Anniversary - just refuses to save. When you first start this game, it does a successful save, but that is virtually meaningless. Once you play one of the arcade games and exit, it attempts to save the high scores. And on this particular save to the memory card, it always fails and says that the memory card is damaged.

Is this game just a grand exception and not compatible with mem card emulation? I know some games do have issues, but I didn’t see anything for this game in the compatibility list.

Any suggestions for a workaround (besides a real mem card) or troubleshooting steps, would be appreciated.

I have tried both my SD card and my brand new USB drive - PNY 128GB Elite-X fit. Fat32 format.

I tried different mem card sizes in Nintendont with no luck.

Thank you

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,

I have been using memory card emulation in Nintendont for all my games and never had an issue on my SD card or my USB drive. However, this game - Namco Museum 50th Anniversary - just refuses to save. When you first start this game, it does a successful save, but that is virtually meaningless. Once you play one of the arcade games and exit, it attempts to save the high scores. And on this particular save to the memory card, it always fails and says that the memory card is damaged.

Is this game just a grand exception and not compatible with mem card emulation? I know some games do have issues, but I didn’t see anything for this game in the compatibility list.

Any suggestions for a workaround (besides a real mem card) or troubleshooting steps, would be appreciated.

I have tried both my SD card and my brand new USB drive - PNY 128GB Elite-X fit. Fat32 format.

Thank you
take a picture of your nintendont settings.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thank you
Verify the hash of the iso make sure it's not corrupt. BTW, do you have a ntsc system and the game is pal (or ntsc-j) or vice-versa? It can be an issue if so, regardless of what video mode it's forced to.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I decided to try this out for myself because I'm always trying to see just how good these backup loaders really are when compared to the real thing. And I got some interesting results.

First off, I refuse to use the latest builds since those specifically ruin the performance of games I play.
I'm using a clean rip, an SD card with 251 mc emulation and pre-bba nintendont I did not experience any read/write issues.
I also have the nintendont build patched to use a shorter mc delay, because the default is ridiculous.

But I did notice loading into games will trigger a static noise. This could probably be fixed by adding it to one of the hack lists.
However, using native controls is a problem, because the game resets to return to the main menu, this is a known issue in nintendont, if you reset the game with native controls mc emulation will fail. It will display a "memory card damaged" screen, as described by the op.

Now for Devolution I got better results, on my setup I use the same mc file for devo, the game doesn't support 480p but devo can force it (as can nintendont) but like usual it doesn't remove deflicker so it still looks blurry, but you can always patch it manually.

Strangely, enabling disc read delay will cause loading into the arcade games to hang on a black screen, but devo can still exit if you press power, but it will leave the Wii in an unstable state, loading into usb loader gx always crashed after this.

The static noise when launching one of the arcade games isn't here, but if you have a wiimote connected and play one of the games, once the wiimote turns off, the game will receive a "controller disconnected" prompt because of the design of the game the prompt will not go away automatically, you have to press start to continue playing. A minor inconvenience.
But no memory card issues, and devo uses instant access times for the mc unlike nintendont, so in short...

use devolution or patch nintendont to fix the audio glitches.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I refuse to use the latest builds since those specifically ruin the performance of games I play.
Well, not for Nintendont. I mean unless you are on a newer build, it's not recommended to use an outdated version (as it'll have more bugs/ issues that were fixed on newer revisions).
But I did notice loading into games will trigger a static noise.
Never seen or heard one..

Reactions: niuus

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I decided to try this out for myself because I'm always trying to see just how good these backup loaders really are when compared to the real thing. And I got some interesting results.

I'm using a clean rip, an SD card with 251 mc emulation and pre-bba nintendont I did not experience any read/write issues.
I also have the nintendont build patched to use a shorter mc delay, because the default is ridiculous.

But I did notice loading into games will trigger a static noise. This could probably be fixed by adding it to one of the hack lists.
However, using native controls is a problem, because the game resets to return to the main menu, this is a known issue in nintendont, if you reset the game with native controls mc emulation will fail. It will display a "memory card damaged" screen, as described by the op.

Now for Devolution I got better results, on my setup I use the same mc file for devo, the game doesn't support 480p but devo can force it (as can nintendont) but like usual it doesn't remove deflicker so it still looks blurry, but you can always patch it manually.

Strangely, enabling disc read delay will cause loading into the arcade games to hang on a black screen, but devo can still exit if you press power, but it will leave the Wii in an unstable state, loading into usb loader gx always crashed after this.

The static noise when launching one of the arcade games isn't here, but if you have a wiimote connected and play one of the games, once the wiimote turns off, the game will receive a "controller disconnected" prompt because of the design of the game the prompt will not go away automatically, you have to press start to continue playing. A minor inconvenience.
But no memory card issues, and devo uses instant access times for the mc unlike nintendont, so in short...

use devolution or patch nintendont to fix the audio glitches.
the op issue is he cant save, he never mentioned audio issues, so if he cant save something is off on his setup maybe? lets hope he shows up again and shows is nintendont settings and the iso md5 to narrow some stuff down.

Jeancarleo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thank you
I have that issue but with the actual game cartridge. I thought it was the game boy advance so at first. Then I tried the game on the ds lite and same issue. So I guess there’s a battery in the game that expired and can no longer save the high score.
I still need to try with the rom on 3DS. I was bummed because I really love playing this version of ms Pac-Man on the go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps