GBAtemp's Chatroom Service

old-time-phone-switcher.jpg

Hi Tempers

Did you know that GBAtemp has its own easy to use irc chat network which you can connect to via your web browser or irc client of your choice? Join the official GBAtemp chatroom and its relaxed atmosphere for 24/7 discussions ranging from the latest in hacking and gaming news to random silliness and any other subject you can imagine in between.

Need somewhere to livechat with other members of the forum for any 3ds wifi based events or something similar you may be organizing? Want to have a specific channel just for a specific game or subject people can join and discuss with you? Join irc and we can help you quickly set up a private chatroom that you and others can easily join in seconds.

So feel free to join our relaxed little community via your favorite IRC client using the address irc.gbatemp.net (default port 6667). And our main channel is as always #gbatemp.net

You can also join us directly via your browser using :arrow: this link.

Enjoy! :gun:

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
:blink: I am confused as to why this just appeared here on the front page.

Our irc host died and we haven't been able to contact them for days so we moved to a new one. People can access the new server by using the typical irc.gbatemp.net address but we have a new port 6667 now. So this is just being repinned to get the information out and to possibly attract new users too.

D

Deleted User

last time i joined the chat there were 100+ users, and only 3 actually online and chatting... so that's like, 97 that are always afk

D

Deleted User

I am not a fan of IRC in general. I might say hi but I will not use this like I use discord servers. When I see a reason to use it maybe than.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Same here, discord has completely eclipsed IRC for me.
Personally I find Discord to be pretty darn annoying. Everyone time I log in I have to scroll down since for whatever reason they seem to be of the opinion that I should read all chat that happened while I was away rather than just what's going on right now.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Personally I find Discord to be pretty darn annoying. Everyone time I log in I have to scroll down since for whatever reason they seem to be of the opinion that I should read all chat that happened while I was away rather than just what's going on right now.
True, that is annoying. But compared to the conveniences it offers I'd say its worth it.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Apparently SSL is now a thing. To connect securely just use the port 6697 instead of 6667.

Code:
/server irc.gbatemp.net:+6697

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM