Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp-wifinight.png
QUOTE said:
Intro
As many of you may (or may not) be aware of, GBATemp hosts a weekly WiFi night every Friday (come participate!) in #GBATemp-WiFi on the IRC network. This channel isn't just for this one event; it's open 24/7 for anybody who wants to play some WiFi games with other tempers. However, we've noticed the channel stays pretty idle for 6 days of the week. Sonicslasher, the organizer of this event, and I were discussing this and we had the idea of hosting tournaments all week long to help promote WiFi friday, and the WiFi room in general.

Here's how it works:
Each day there would be a different game played (Saturday might be Pokemon, Sunday might be Metroid Prime, etc..). Anybody who wants to participate in the tournament would show up to the IRC channel and contact whoever is in charge of the tournament (so if I were running a Mario Kart tournament on Tuesday at 6:00, you would come to the channel sometime before 6:00 to enter.) Depending on the games played, we would then setup brackets and get the tournament started.

The tournament would run until finally two participants remain; these two will then play their head-to-head match on Friday during WiFi night, along with the other championship matches from the other tournaments. Entry is free, so come and compete for fun or for bragging rights.
(This was typed up by BlackSheep)

MKDS/Tetris
For the first week we will have two tourneys. They will start at 5:00 EST. MKDS will be on Wednesday the 19th and Tetris on Thursday the 20th.
This is so we can figure out how many people will show.To keep it better organized, please post which event you will be at so that I can match you up with someone else beforehand.
There will be a lot of fussing about snaking, I want you to know that it is NOT ALLOWED. If you feel like you cannot play without snaking, then please do not come.

People attending Tetris tourney (now on the 20th):
1. Sonicslasher
2. BlackSheep
3. moozxy
4. Shadez
5. Zamo

People attending MKDS tourney (now on the 19th):
1. Sonicslasher
2. BlackSheep
3. moozxy
4. Shadez

El Blacksheep

Trophies
Website
tryorke.no-ip.info
XP
Country
United States
For every person who likes snaking, theres at least one other person who dislikes snaking.

No, it's not a cheat. No, it's not a hack. It's still clearly not how the game developers intended for the game to be played. I do it a lot in random WiFi matches (because really, you kinda have to if you want to win)

But the truth is everybody who can snake can race just as well without it. If we allow snaking, the result is only those who snake will have a chance at winning, and everybody else might not even sign up. The result? Low participation. This rule levels the playing ground and gives everybody a fair shot at competing.

Now, if these tournaments get extremely competitive (high participation + good sportsmanship), rule changes may be possible in the future to spice things up, but for now it's best that we disallow snaking.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
El Blacksheep said:
For every person who likes snaking, theres at least one other person who dislikes snaking.

No, it's not a cheat. No, it's not a hack. It's still clearly not how the game developers intended for the game to be played. I do it a lot in random WiFi matches (because really, you kinda have to if you want to win)

But the truth is everybody who can snake can race just as well without it. If we allow snaking, the result is only those who snake will have a chance at winning, and everybody else might not even sign up. The result? Low participation. This rule levels the playing ground and gives everybody a fair shot at competing.

Now, if these tournaments get extremely competitive (high participation + good sportsmanship), rule changes may be possible in the future to spice things up, but for now it's best that we disallow snaking.

I seriously dobt these tournaments will get popular, many attempts have been done before...

But good luck to you, there is no fun in MKDS without Snakes...My opinion

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
in that case you should make the necessary changed to your first post (and add the date) to avoid any possible confusion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory