GBAtemp Extraordinaire: 5 questions to a legendary Temper - iFish

tempers (1).png
GBAtemp Extraordinaire
5 QUESTIONS TO A LEGENDARY TEMPER
187314.jpg

iFish
Since 2002, GBAtemp has been a community-powered site, and nothing is more important to the site than its user base. With this new editorial feature, we're bringing the spotlight to you! We've decided to ask a set of simple questions to a Legendary Temper: a long-standing member of the community, someone who has made important contributions, or who bears significance to the history of the site or the forums. This may include staff and non-staff members. We'll try to make this a weekly feature, but with over 500,000 members now, it may take a while for you to be featured :bortz:

In honor of the recently released episode of the Tempcast, and the 20th-anniversary celebration, we decided to kick things old school, by catching up with the original Tempcast creator, @iFish!

• Who are you, and what do you do in real life?
I'm Geoff! I currently work for the Government of Canada keeping weather services online and functional.

• How did you find yourself joining GBAtemp?
I stumbled upon the Homebrew Channel via YouTube in high school and eventually made an account on GBATemp to ask a question about.....drum roll please.....piracy! I even remember my first thread was a double post since I was impatient. I already had a DS flashcart, so I stayed for the DS stuff. GBAtemp was the reason I upgraded to an Acekard 2i.

• What's the most exciting/interesting/crazy thing or event that you've witnessed throughout your GBAtemp years?
I was always pretty excited when I saw games dump early, namely Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver from Japan and the KAzoWAR translation. Also should mention Super Mario Galaxy 2's release was big. I also remember when AKAIO 1.4 (I think?) dropped and it was huuuuge.

• What part of the video game industry are you currently interested in, or excited about?
I dabble in VR game dev for fun. So I suppose that excites me; but honestly video games to me today is mostly just League of Legends and Pokemon.

• Do you have a message for the staff, an opinion you want to share with the community, or anything else you would like to say?
I think back to my years on GBAtemp so so so fondly; some of my best friends to this day I met on this site. Whether it be my former podcast host Terminator02 (I went to his wedding this year!) or Dialexio whom I've hung out with in NYC. I grew up on this site, the IRC years were definitely formative for me. When I first joined this site there was a meme that I couldn't spell, I definitely think the ruthless jokes about that are why I take grammar so seriously today. GBATemp was a huge part of my teenage / high school years. I'm glad the site still exists with all that stuff. It's a time capsule for me.

Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoyed this new editorial feature. If you think you qualify for Legendary Temper, feel free to leave a comment in this thread and your turn may eventually come.

:arrow: Make sure to check out our previous Legendary Tempers!

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Good ol iFish!

I remember when people would rag on him for his grammar which I thought was kind of mean because we were all there once. I had many a good time chatting with him and I love seeing how he has progressed in life as we have each other added on Facebook. I'll still never forget the one time he interviewed me for an Ask Tempers section or whatever it was called. A classic member and staple of the community! <3

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I also remember back when the AK2i was the hottest thing, after that update that made it work on the 3DS for like three months xD
I guess we both must have joined around the same time. DS and Wii homebrew were the days.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
<3 ily

I cannot take credit for creating the Tempcast—as much as I'd like to. There were other people much before me like mthrnite, Little, Spikey, VVoltz, MR_COW, etc.

Hi Minox!!!

NeSchn: I totally remember that interview; it's hilarious years later.... but I must admit: I cringed about it in college. I was embarrassed with myself haha! But I see the comedy in it as an adult. You were the first person I've ever talked to about some of those topics, I was so sheltered!

Last edited by iFish,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto