GBAtemp Official N5 Review

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Giangsta said:
any technical info as how it blows up the fuse?
It probably tries to draw too much power. A flashcart is going to draw far more power than a simple ROM, and I'm sure the DS has some pretty tight specs about what kind of power Slot1 can provide.

askseb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any one been to the english site for this bunch of garbage? the Pidgin English is quite funny for example:

QUOTE said:
Directly Drags and drops all files into the MicroSD(TF) card from Compute
Since when do carts drag and drop them selfs?
QUOTEPlugs and plays in SLOT-1 without any passcard and supports all version of DS
Again the same error as above

Link: http://www.dsn5.com/EN-N5/n5-en.htm

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
A good one
laugh.gif
, I never browsed their website, not worthy for my bandwith.

Problem is, will this cart be succesful like CycloDS? CycloDS was the perfect clone of Supercard, although they DIDN'T broke NDS fuses, and now CycloDS EVO is booming (not very sure, but, yeah).

I personally think N5 will be over in 4-5 months, with NDS breaking everywhere

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
Problem is, will this cart be succesful like CycloDS? CycloDS was the perfect clone of Supercard, although they DIDN'T broke NDS fuses, and now CycloDS EVO is booming (not very sure, but, yeah).
Only the CycloDS slot-2 carts were clones of the SuperCard slot-2 carts... The CycloDS Evo is a slot-1 cart and is NOT a clone!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this flashcart has a chance of bricking the NDS? That's just insane. I'm glad GBATemp writes reviews cause I need to buy a new flashcart. Thanks for th review Sinkhead. N5 is definitely off my list.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Anakir said:
Wow this flashcart has a chance of bricking the NDS? That's just insane. I'm glad GBATemp writes reviews cause I need to buy a new flashcart. Thanks for th review Sinkhead. N5 is definitely off my list.
Yeah, actually it's good that a review of it was written 'cause then it can serve as a warning to people thinking of getting it.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
is it just defective units, or are all the N5's potential fuze blowers? it worked for me just fine. i just passed it on to a friend and would hate to have it being a ticking fuze bomb ready to blow
blink.gif
Apparently, it's the normal units. They have a CHANCE to blow the fuses. A lot of people has got this problem, and it's the cart's fault, not just because it's defective. Even DX claims that they get the carts as it is. So it's a terrible choice.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems people are simply too afraid to just come out and call a spade a spade.

The N5 is pure garbage. Utter garbage. If you bought this item, you have my sympathy. Hopefully you have accepted the loss BEFORE using it and doing harm to your DS.

I am relatively secure in the notion that Nintendo is rather amused in a sort of sick way, that a pirate product is injuring people using illegal downloaded roms.

If this isn't some stellar example of garbage out of China, well I will be surprised.

First rule of items you buy online, don't buy them if no one is claiming them to be the greatest thing they ever found.

I have no trouble with the R4DS Revolution. I have one, and I've bought two others for others. None have given any any trouble whatsoever. And all I ever hear of, is considerable praise for the item. If your choice is an R5, or an N5 for half the price, and you cheap out and buy the N5, you have just really only added to the end price of buying the R4 after replacing the N5.

If you must be cheap, stick to using downloaded roms
smile.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
I have no trouble with the R4DS Revolution. I have one, and I've bought two others for others. None have given any any trouble whatsoever. And all I ever hear of, is considerable praise for the item. If your choice is an R5, or an N5 for half the price, and you cheap out and buy the N5, you have just really only added to the end price of buying the R4 after replacing the N5.
Or buy an acekard 2, which is superior to the R4 in every way, for the same price as the N5.

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
perkele said:
Could you test the DS battery life with the N5, because from what I heard, it's very short.

It seems to die in a matter of hours. My GF's DS lasts way longer and we normally play Download to play games together as she doesn't have a cart yet.

Also if you live in Toronto DO NOT buy your cart from GameStation in Pacific Mall as this is the ONLY cart they sell and offer you no warranty or support if said item breaks your DS or stops working altogether.... I made this mistake and will be spending MORE money to buy something quality that won't break my expensive toy. I can't speak for the other stores in the mall but I know a few sell the DSTT et al.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think Canada Computers sells the R4 (my way of saying there is more options than the Pacific Mall to a Toronto resident).

But if the acekard 2 is really worthy of support I will likely be hearing more of it. Will be mentioning it in my other haunts.

Of course if a person already owns an adequate product, they have little incentive to get another
smile.gif

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Panzer Tacticer said:
I think Canada Computers sells the R4 (my way of saying there is more options than the Pacific Mall to a Toronto resident).

But if the acekard 2 is really worthy of support I will likely be hearing more of it. Will be mentioning it in my other haunts.

Of course if a person already owns an adequate product, they have little incentive to get another
smile.gif

they wont sell it in Canada Computers.

pmall sucks anyway. Rip off crap. $100 for an Acecard 2? pfsh

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always thought the worst a DS cart can offer is probably crap compatinility or shitty build but one that bricks your DS? Such a shame that this could've targeted the potential buyers of an R4 but don't want to pay for the increased price and instead they just tripped over themselves.

Nice review though.

bangloboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jester13 said:
Panzer Tacticer said:

smile.gif

they wont sell it in Canada Computers.

pmall sucks anyway. Rip off crap. $100 for an Acecard 2? pfsh

Well I checked that the guys who gave the review sample is a Canadian store MyGamingMart - but they sell AceKard 2 as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol jedi fallen order crashed on SteamDeck through ea play guess the deck doesn't have the force
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Well it's called the "fallen" order, not the "stable" order.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The "smooth running" order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess they weren't lying about not being compatible
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ea play is such hot garbage for making you register per console
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Site's down again. :/
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Site's down again. :/