Homebrew GBARunner2

DesLife

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can set your own button mappings by editing the gbarunner2.ini file found in the _gba folder on your sd card.

Do you know what to write to remap buttons ? I don't have anything related to controls in my ini file and I can't find any resources to help me on that matter.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You just have to access the settings once by touching the touch screen after starting a ROM and then pressing R-button and change whatever value within input.

If you don't have this then you're on a really old gbarunner2 version.

@DesLife

Last edited by Zense,

DesLife

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I should have mentionned that I have the same problem than the other poster, my R button doesn't work, hence why I asked about the ini file.

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This attached file should work. It is mapped like this:
A=A
B=B
X=Start
Y=Select
L=L
R=R

Note that in the ini the mappings are written differently and don't try to just copy what I wrote above into an ini file. That is not how the format is.

Here's a setup for people with broken L and R buttons that maps L and R to respectively Y and X:

Code:
[emulation]
useBottomScreen=false
frame=true
centerMask=true
mainMemICache=true
wramICache=true
gbaColors=false
skipIntro=false
[input]
buttonA=0
buttonB=1
buttonL=11
buttonR=10
buttonStart=3
buttonSelect=2

You could copy paste this into a text file and rename it to gbarunner.ini and put it in your _gba folder.

Attachments

• gbarunner2.zip
    295 bytes · Views: 149
Last edited by Zense,

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
*snip*

You just have to access the settings once by touching the touch screen after starting a ROM and then pressing R-button and change whatever value within input.

If you don't have this then you're on a really old gbarunner2 version.

@DesLife

What if the touch screen is damaged and I want to access to the menu?

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Then you can use twilightmenu to set your settings for gbarunner2 or you can use the ini file I attached earlier.

In that we agree but if I want to change the game or remap (for example on a 3DS) should I be restarting the console (or editing on the PC) all the time? If there was the option to access the menu from a button it would not be bad.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In that we agree but if I want to change the game or remap (for example on a 3DS) should I be restarting the console (or editing on the PC) all the time? If there was the option to access the menu from a button it would not be bad.
I agree it wouldn't since broken shoulder buttons is very common among base DS systems and DSi's. I was merely giving you the only possible workarounds right now, apart from the obvious taking it in your own hands and coding it yourself. GBArunner2 is open source after all.

A slightly faster solution for swapping button mappings on 3DS would be to have one set of button mappings in a file called gbarunner2.ini1 and another in the gbaunner2.ini. This way you can just rename quickly in fbi before you boot up twilightmenu. Hopefully that saves you some time. Not sure if there are any text editors on 3DS you can use to edit from the 3DS. Maybe organiz3d has something.

That's all the help I can give you right now.

Last edited by Zense,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reactions: c4rbs and Zense

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I agree it wouldn't since broken shoulder buttons is very common among base DS systems and DSi's. I was merely giving you the only possible workarounds right now, apart from the obvious taking it in your own hands and coding it yourself.

A slightly faster solution for swapping button mappings on 3DS would be to have one set of button mappings in a file called gbarunner2.ini1 and another in the gbaunner2.ini. This way you can just rename quickly in fbi before you boot up twilightmenu. Hopefully that saves you some time. Not sure if there are any text editors on 3DS you can use to edit from the 3DS. Maybe organiz3d has something.

That's all I can give you right now.

Relax hehe, it's just that I also think of projects that benefit a lot from this homebrew such as the "Gameboy Macro" and usually these lack a touch screen for aesthetic reasons (or simply the DS they got had a bad touch screen) .

I say it is to be able to enter the menu itself, restricting access to only the touch screen having spare buttons (even more in the new ones but that is another issue) seems a waste, that if, I am not wanting to say that the option is replaceable, only it can be assigned to a button if you prefer.

c4rbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.:)

GBARunner2_arm7dldi_ds.nds
or
GBARunner2_arm9dldi_ds.nds

or

You can use TWiLight on a Flashcard (if possible and/or compatible)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/
That also includes the GBArunner.

Thank you.:)
Need help, i followed this guide https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/TWiLightMenu/wiki/Installing-(Flashcard)
and i think i did something wrong here

MNzwIWR.jpg

phG3tDm.jpeg
it freezes here

Last edited by c4rbs,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^confused. twilight menu++ on my supercard dstwo is a replacement (sorta) of the normal flash cart's menu. you shouldn't have to click on the boot.nds or anything. it should just boot up as. you need the flash cart's base files from what I remember (if it's compatible), so a lot of things are done by twilight menu++, but also the flash cart as well. golden sun, for example, is only playable with a flash cart but can be played through twilight menu++ on a ds.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by Zense,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, if you're using a dsi or a 3ds with sd card, use the arm7 build. that's what it says in the gbarunner 2 section of temp. I'm not sure if that implies to use arm9 with the normal ds or not.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
btw, if you're using a dsi or a 3ds with sd card, use the arm7 build. that's what it says in the gbarunner 2 section of temp. I'm not sure if that implies to use arm9 with the normal ds or not.
Generally you use the one that works with your flashcard. Twilightmenu++ comes with both for DS so if one doesn't work you can use the other.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally you use the one that works with your flashcard. Twilightmenu++ comes with both for DS so if one doesn't work you can use the other.

has that screen ripple effect been fixed? it was present in newer versions of gbarunner 2. I have the build from the twilight menu labor day release iirc. anyway @Robz8 said the problem was being caused by the code for fps I believe.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
has that screen ripple effect been fixed? it was present in newer versions of gbarunner 2. I have the build from the twilight menu labor day release iirc. anyway @Robz8 said the problem was being caused by the code for fps I believe.
If you mean the TWLBg bug then no it hasn't been "fixed" or rather circumvented yet, however you will experience less of it if you grab the latest release of GBARunner2.

The reason it has less of it is because it is not from the DSP branch and therefore does not contain one change that made overall compatibility increase as well as incidences of TWLBg bug. I've put several alternatives to deal with this on the DSi/3DS wiki not too long ago. You might have worse audio or not notice any difference in the latest build. It depends on the ROM.

Last edited by Zense,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the audio continues to get better with gbarunner. there's a small sound effect on the gba (I think even emulators have it) where the speakers initialize. it makes a sound right after the bios intro iirc. it used to do that with gbarunner 2 as well, but the last few times I've tested games out, the sound effect was gone.

Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah Dino psi wants you to destroy his booty