RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some issues that I've had with some games:

Sonic Advance 1+2 (USA) = freezes on highscore table?
Crash Bandicoot: The New Adventure (USA) = freezes on copyright screen as if the cartridge was removed
Wario Land 4 (USA) = freezes on a white screen
  • Sonic Advance 1+2 requires a patch from the DSi/3DS compatibility list
  • Wario Land 4 requires the GBA BIOS, I think

Reactions: SylverReZ

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, just tried ARM9 and YSmenu and it's not working.
Yes, I have the gba_bios.bin with the correct checksum.

It just loads to either white or black screen.

About TWiLight Menu++... err... haven't tried it.

Can you give me a link to a tutorial on how to set that up in a "GBA Macro"?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EDIT: Managed to find a YSMenu that does work with my R4i-SDHC and now GBARunner2 is indeed loading GBA roms through Slot-1.

Something strange, why Pokemon Emerald (without any patch or hack) won't run, but it will run Pokemon Fire Red with patches to capture all Pokemon, receiving Mystery Gifts, Evolve Trading Pokemon through Friendship (Gengar, Machamp, Golem, Alakazam, etc.)

Also, Super Mario Advance 4 won't get past GBA PLAYER screen buy SMA 1,2,3 with Color Palette Fix Patches are working.

Metroid Zero won't load, but Fusion will, which is good.

Anyway, thanks for this piece of homebrew. Returning to the DS Scene since leaving it in 2012 feels good!

Last edited by JuanMena,

BigGangster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that the compatibility list will feature one which is the GBA link cable for GBARunner2 to work with Super Mario Advance and other Mario Games that have Mario Bros. Classic. I noticed that it is not compatible. I hope that the next time GBARunner2 is later active and make link cable possible for Super Mario Advance.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that the compatibility list will feature one which is the GBA link cable for GBARunner2 to work with Super Mario Advance and other Mario Games that have Mario Bros. Classic. I noticed that it is not compatible. I hope that the next time GBARunner2 is later active and make link cable possible for Super Mario Advance.
GBARunner2 is pretty much done now. GBARunner3 is currently in development, and likely won't implement link cable support for any game, due to the difficulty of implementing it.

BigGangster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner2 is pretty much done now. GBARunner3 is currently in development, and likely won't implement link cable support for any game, due to the difficulty of implementing it.
Wow, GBARunner3 is in the works. I didn't know that. Also, it's unfortunate that it will not include link-cable support for any game.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GBARunner3 is currently in development
What? But this is wonderful, as well as unexpected, news. How that no one has officially publicized it? It would deserve a dedicated thread.
So instead of tweaking the old one here and there, he preferred to create a new one from scratch. Unexpected and brave choice: evidently he has some time on his hands and his passion for this dear little console has returned. Strong user demand must also have had some bearing on this comeback.
@Gericom , thanks and good luck!

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Managed to find a YSMenu that does work with my R4i-SDHC and now GBARunner2 is indeed loading GBA roms through Slot-1.

Something strange, why Pokemon Emerald (without any patch or hack) won't run, but it will run Pokemon Fire Red with patches to capture all Pokemon, receiving Mystery Gifts, Evolve Trading Pokemon through Friendship (Gengar, Machamp, Golem, Alakazam, etc.)

Also, Super Mario Advance 4 won't get past GBA PLAYER screen buy SMA 1,2,3 with Color Palette Fix Patches are working.

Metroid Zero won't load, but Fusion will, which is good.

Anyway, thanks for this piece of homebrew. Returning to the DS Scene since leaving it in 2012 feels good!

Strange Metroid Zero not working for you. It loads fine for me and I'm nearly at the end of the game. So far no issues that I've noticed.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Strange Metroid Zero not working for you. It loads fine for me and I'm nearly at the end of the game. So far no issues that I've noticed.
Today I felt like playing Mario Pinball Land because it worked but now won't get past intro.

I'm guessing it's my 2GB SD card, can't format it with 32kb Cluster Size, so I'm going to test with a 16GB to see if these issues are getting solved.
Post automatically merged:

GBARunner3 is currently in development
I hate to be this guy, but would be possible to implement a Button Combination to return to the Game Selection screen without using the touchscreen?
Maybe something like "hold y+z for x seconds to change game".

Last edited by JuanMena,

rxwaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong on my end or just a compatibility issue but I've been having issues for a couple days now with my FRLG romhack (FRLG+ by Deokishisu) running on my N3DSXL.

I was originally running the game through mGBA but it seems pkmn-chest and PKSM have some issues opening mGBA saves due to an additional footer that is added when saving in mGBA. I managed to fix the save compatibility issue by removing the footer in a hex editor and the save is fine in mGBA but as soon as I save the footer gets added back on.

For this reason I'm trying to swap over to GBARunner2 (mostly so I can continue to utilize my redshift + widescreen patches created by TWLpatcher) as opposed to using a VC inject. but the problem I'm having is that when I try to either open the old save (with the footer) or the new save (without the footer) I run into the same issue either way where GBARunner completely freezes immediately after the BIOS and copyright screen causing me to have to restart TWLMenu in its entirety.

I have tried all the available GBARunner branches + verified the BIOS checksum and the only thing that allows the ROM to launch is disabling the WRAM i-cache, however, when doing this I get an error stating that the "save file has been deleted" and when trying to save past this point I get an additional error that save data could not be created.

Edit: I was originally using a 128GB SD card formatted with 32kb clusters but after I started running into some write issues I switched over to a confirmed uncorrupted 32GB SD, so it seems the SD card has nothing to do with the issue either.

Last edited by rxwaan,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France

GBARunner2 is very very slow on my 2DS, can someone tell me if I forgot something? mGBA is also very slow. I have the latest hack. Also, what version of gbarunner2 am I suppose to use on 2DS? My sd card is 4GB(don't think it is what causes the slow speed).

Last edited by mrmagicm,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GBARunner2 is very very slow on my 2DS, can someone tell me if I forgot something? mGBA is also very slow. I have the latest hack.​

Where does GBARunner2 slow down, exactly?
Also, if you're using an O2DS, it is normal for mGBA to be very slow. Better alternatives are Open_AGB_FIRM and VC injects.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where does GBARunner2 slow down, exactly?
Well, I launch it (an MBGA), and when I load any game, 100% of the game are 10 FPS compared to any gba emu on my pc, cannot be clearer, is it because GBA emulation don't work on 2DS??

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I launch it (an MBGA), and when I load any game, 100% of the game are 10 FPS compared to any gba emu on my pc, cannot be clearer, is it because GBA emulation don't work on 2DS??
It does work, but is very slow. GBARunner2 shouldn't be slow though. Are you using TWiLight Menu++?

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it does work, but is very slow. GBARunner2 shouldn't be slow though. Are you using TWiLight Menu++?
Hi, I tested GBArunner2, two version, it was really really slow slooooow like with MBGA, which version am I supose to take for a 2DS?
I have latest Twlight menu++ is it normal? The 2DS is normal speed in DS games

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I tested GBArunner2, two version, it was really really slow slooooow like with MBGA, which version am I supose to take for a 2DS?
I have latest Twlight menu++ is it normal? The 2DS is normal speed in DS games
You should not be using mGBA (or GBARunner2 for that matter) on your O2DS. Please use either Open_AGB_FIRM or VC injects instead.

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste